Old 10-17-2019, 05:36 PM
Find More Posts by craptech
CRAPTECH
United States, FL, Destin
Joined Feb 2007
297 Posts
Hold my beer and listen to this

Ok, this is my story, No BS.
I think that the 104 extra 300 V2 is the finest ARF I have ever built. but I have had some problems in flying it. seemed to drop a wing in hard turns and hard elevator throws. and I never trusted flying it low because it seem to drop out unexpectedly. First thing I did was to change out the elev servos, then made sure all the wires and the 2 -5k lipo were up to par. checked the wing incident, made sure the elev were moving the same speed and together. I have been tuning engines for a long time, but to make sure I took a copy of Terry Willis how to tune your engine and spent about 5 flights re tuning it. I have other planes that fly so great, and hover like they are hanging from a rope. just could not get this plane to work for me. always seem that I could not find a good speed to fly the plane. So today I headed out to fly and decided to take it. I was out of gas and my favorite oil, (dont want to start an oil war again) it is a type that is widely used. But the only oil I had was redline, So I mixed up some. 40:1, at the end of 5 flights the engine ran so smooth, that it made the plane fly real great. I can bring it down right in front of my face. I tell you the truth, i was thinking about selling the air frame. I just cannot believer how a smooth running engine can make that big of difference. I am a happy boy now.
craptech is offline Find More Posts by craptech
Last edited by craptech; 10-17-2019 at 05:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-17-2019, 07:40 PM
Find More Posts by Nat3D
Nat 3D
Panama, Panama City
Joined Aug 2017
310 Posts
Im happy with her since the first flight
Nat3D is offline Find More Posts by Nat3D
Old 10-17-2019, 09:10 PM
Find More Posts by 3DJP
United States, NJ, Penns Grove
Joined Dec 2015
1,074 Posts
Best flying plane I have owned so far
3DJP is offline Find More Posts by 3DJP
Old 10-18-2019, 08:34 AM
Find More Posts by craptech
CRAPTECH
United States, FL, Destin
Joined Feb 2007
297 Posts
I know that sounds crazy, but it true. I guess I was fighting the engine, and the throttle transition.
I have a DA70 that run so good and smooth. now my DA120 runs that way. tg
craptech is offline Find More Posts by craptech
Old 10-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by 3DJP
United States, NJ, Penns Grove
Joined Dec 2015
1,074 Posts
I know for me... I Also like a soft throttle curve from just off idle all the way to half throttle.. half to full I just get it as linear as I can and that helps me when I’m doing stuff on the deck
3DJP is offline Find More Posts by 3DJP
Old 10-18-2019, 09:01 PM
Find More Posts by Cycletech
CycleTech
United States, CT, Greenwich
Joined Jun 2019
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DJP View Post
I know for me... I Also like a soft throttle curve from just off idle all the way to half throttle.. half to full I just get it as linear as I can and that helps me when Iím doing stuff on the deck
+1
Cycletech is offline Find More Posts by Cycletech
Old 10-19-2019, 08:38 AM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craptech View Post
Ok, this is my story, No BS.
I think that the 104 extra 300 V2 is the finest ARF I have ever built. but I have had some problems in flying it. seemed to drop a wing in hard turns and hard elevator throws. and I never trusted flying it low because it seem to drop out unexpectedly. First thing I did was to change out the elev servos, then made sure all the wires and the 2 -5k lipo were up to par. checked the wing incident, made sure the elev were moving the same speed and together. I have been tuning engines for a long time, but to make sure I took a copy of Terry Willis how to tune your engine and spent about 5 flights re tuning it. I have other planes that fly so great, and hover like they are hanging from a rope. just could not get this plane to work for me. always seem that I could not find a good speed to fly the plane. So today I headed out to fly and decided to take it. I was out of gas and my favorite oil, (dont want to start an oil war again) it is a type that is widely used. But the only oil I had was redline, So I mixed up some. 40:1, at the end of 5 flights the engine ran so smooth, that it made the plane fly real great. I can bring it down right in front of my face. I tell you the truth, i was thinking about selling the air frame. I just cannot believer how a smooth running engine can make that big of difference. I am a happy boy now.
Funny story but glad you got it figured out. It is an awesome airframe................isn't dumb luck just the best sometimes!!!
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 10-31-2019, 12:15 PM
Find More Posts by gobigdave
Scituate, MA
Joined Jan 2007
209 Posts
I have one of these babies on the bench early for next season. It will be my backup IMAC plane, but primarily it will be the fun plane. If I decide to go with canisters for noise, how well does the plane carry the extra weight? Am I really going to notice?

Note, I am NOT an all low and slow 3D flyer. I dabble in 3D. Most of my fun flying is a lot of snaps, slow rolls, knife edge spins, occasional rolling harriers, and such. I could care less about rocket pull outs from a hover, but I do want to be able to do a crank shafts, blenders, and pop tops.
gobigdave is online now Find More Posts by gobigdave

Quick Reply