logo
Old 02-22-2016, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by Harold Smith
United States, TX, Chandler
Joined Dec 2009
874 Posts
Discussion
Spring Air refund

I normally do not bash a company, some have production issues that prevent them from meeting commitments or for some reason or the other production slows down. I have had a real problem with Spring Air. Back in Oct. of 2015 I ordered a radio tray, paid for it with PayPal $125.95. I called in Dec. to see when I might expect shipment, was told by the lady that her husband had a stroke and wasn't able to work in the shop at the present. I ask when she thought he might be able to work and was told I would have my radio tray by the middle of Jan. I said that was fine and I understood the problem and mid Jan. would be fine with me. I called again 2 weeks ago and was told she didn't know when I would get my order. I said fine just refund my money to PayPal. Still nothing, I called and she said she thought she had done that, but she checked and said she needed my email address to return the money. Well here it is 2 weeks later and no refund. I sent her a email today to say that I would start legal action to get my money.
I know they have a good reputation in the hobby, but people need to be aware of the problems they have occurred.
This is my last email to her.
Ok, I am tired of the delay of my refund for the radio tray That I ordered back in Oct. 19th, 2015. I have called and you say you need my email address to PayPal to refund the money, 3 weeks have gone by and still no refund. I have sent you my email 3 different times and still no refund. Once you told me it had already been sent and then ask for my email. The refund should be for $125.95. If I don't have the refund within 3 days from Feb.23, 2016 I will start legal action.

While I feel bad for your husband health issues, I feel like your slow actions on this matter is not right. I paid for your product up front with the understanding that would receive the radio tray, since your can't fulfill my order I expect my money to be returned.

Harold Smith

halsmith56@sbcglobal.net
Harold Smith is offline Find More Posts by Harold Smith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-22-2016, 09:34 PM
Find More Posts by dhal22
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2009
2,478 Posts
Spring Air has always been ultra slow. I order retracts well in advance of needing them. Recently us classic pattern fans have been hearing better reports of turnaround time now that the husband's health has improved.

They are well designed retracts.
dhal22 is offline Find More Posts by dhal22
Old 02-22-2016, 10:38 PM
Find More Posts by boothg-3
rhome , texas
Joined May 2008
683 Posts
I have bought from spring air have several sets of their retracts . Sometimes they are slow on delivery but always deliver.
The business is the husbands and she may not be savvy to conducting transactions by Internet
boothg-3 is offline Find More Posts by boothg-3
Old 02-23-2016, 05:33 AM
Find More Posts by Harold Smith
United States, TX, Chandler
Joined Dec 2009
874 Posts
I completely agree with you about their product and the radio tray is the best I have seen. My beef with them is the amount of time they are taking to refund my money since they are no longer able to make the tray. ---Smitty
Harold Smith is offline Find More Posts by Harold Smith
Old 02-23-2016, 05:46 AM
Find More Posts by rcflyguy
workin on rollers!!!
Findlay, OH
Joined Jan 2006
2,203 Posts
Really? He has a stroke and your worried about $125? Then throw it on the internet? A stroke is a devastating thing. You need to back off and not put unneeded stress on them!!
rcflyguy is offline Find More Posts by rcflyguy
Old 02-23-2016, 06:30 AM
Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
It's Hooty Tooty Here?
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2010
1,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Smith View Post
I completely agree with you about their product and the radio tray is the best I have seen. My beef with them is the amount of time they are taking to refund my money since they are no longer able to make the tray. ---Smitty
So if you used paypal,, file a paypal claim to get your money back,, this isn't Rocket Surgery
scale only 4 me is offline Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
Old 02-23-2016, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by Renoone
United States, IA, Fort Dodge
Joined Nov 2014
237 Posts
The guy has a legitimate claim here. I wouldn't be happy either. I get the circumstances but it is still a business. Just refund the money. Not that difficult.

I feel the "Rocket Surgery" comment is a little harsh as I believe PayPal has a 45 day limit to start a claim. He is well beyond that.
Renoone is offline Find More Posts by Renoone
Old 02-23-2016, 11:28 AM
Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
It's Hooty Tooty Here?
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2010
1,960 Posts
Harsh,, harsher than giving a lady a hard time who's husband had a stroke,,,, OK

And I believe the paypal claim time frame was extended to 180 days quite a long time ago.
scale only 4 me is offline Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
Old 02-23-2016, 01:33 PM
Find More Posts by Renoone
United States, IA, Fort Dodge
Joined Nov 2014
237 Posts
If you go to your transaction in PayPal it will show you the date you have to file a dispute. Looks like you have 180 days now to do so. Once you file a dispute you then have 20 days to to resolve it with the supplier or turn it into a claim if you can't resolve it. Should be no problem getting your money back.
Renoone is offline Find More Posts by Renoone
Old 02-23-2016, 02:29 PM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,622 Posts
Wow, I don't know who looks worse, the OP, or Spring Air.

As has been said- paypal dispute.
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 02-23-2016, 04:27 PM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funboy View Post
Wow, I don't know who looks worse, the OP, or Spring Air.

As has been said- paypal dispute.
No doubt in my mind. I suspect the person that had a stroke is the one that typically ran the company and his wife is trying to pick up the slack and is figuring things out along the way.

Filling a PayPal dispute and then simply posting that the owner of Spring Air was ill and people should call before placing an order because there may be difficulty getting product until he recovers would have been more than adequate.

Wayne
wfield0455 is online now Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old 02-23-2016, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,622 Posts
I am with you. After my wife almost died of stage 3 colon cancer, and went through the surgerys and treatment I have a different perspective on hobby stuff. I recognize the OP has waited a few months, but damn. Have a heart.
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 02-23-2016, 07:12 PM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funboy View Post
I am with you. After my wife almost died of stage 3 colon cancer, and went through the surgerys and treatment I have a different perspective on hobby stuff. I recognize the OP has waited a few months, but damn. Have a heart.

I hope she is doing well now buddy!
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 02-23-2016, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by dhal22
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2009
2,478 Posts
A post on a classic pattern forum today:

Quote:
Talked with Bill today at Spring Air Retracts http://www.retracts.com/ and ordered some 202 customized units for spars. He is back to work part time now and they are doing their best to catch up on the order backlog.

I told Bill that we were all thankful that he was doing better and I'd let the folks on the forum know that he was back to work.

It is so great to know that the best ever retracts are available again!
dhal22 is offline Find More Posts by dhal22
Old 02-23-2016, 11:20 PM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,753 Posts
Nothing like cancer to set proper priorities, hope that is behind you.

OP - In less time than it takes to a smear a guy who had a stroke you could have filed a PayPal dispute.
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Last edited by 5150flyer; 02-23-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Quick Reply