logo
Old 07-17-2019, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by LongRacing
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Jul 2018
35 Posts
Great, great info ! Thanks guys and thank you DGrant!! I'm picking up what you're laying down less is more...

Both my dad and I have been flying for 20+ years.. but all glow fueled. I now have 3 pump gas planes.. and these setup's are new to me. I was actually in the process of installing an identical set up in a completely new Taylorcraft..

So I will be ditching the Booma duel battery share and just go direct into the AR12310T.

I'm one lucky S.O.B.. I cant believe I had a fly away and have my plane in full!! Just ordered a replacement canopy and cowl from E.F.

I'll add a picture of her when I'm done with the fix.

Thanks again to the group here at F.G.!
LongRacing is online now Find More Posts by LongRacing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-17-2019, 10:24 AM
Find More Posts by DGrant
Just havin' fun!
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2006
524 Posts
You're very welcome. Also make sure you've registered your components with Spektrum, and have all the updates in place, for both the transmitter and receiver(s). Having all that, and being up to date, and knowing what you have and how it works is going to be your best insurance for a solid system. Each update brings something new to the radio. Some are subtle and not noticeable, but a few updates I've done have jumped out at me with incredible new features.

There's a thread(actually a few threads) over on RCG that are frequented by Spektrum techs, developers, and engineers. Those offer a world of information... and you can ask any questions you like... and confirm what I/we've been sharing here. Also a few threads on telemetry and it's discussed in several threads. The telemetry is all adjustable for settings and different scenarios.

Once you have a basic set-up done and proven, you can build other model profiles in your transmitter from similar models by just copying, renaming, and then just tweak them for any new model... That's how I've been developing my models for years, and tweaking various areas of each new model... bottom line really is you don't have to start from total scratch building a new model in the tranny once you establish your basic set-up. We'll save all that for another time though.

I wish you well, and hope the best for your future. You'll do fine.
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply