logo

MID-MICHIGAN IMAC CONTEST 2019

Standard IMAC format with Basic, Sportsman, Intermediate, Advance, and Unlimited classes. Awards through 3rd place in each class. No freestyle unless points required for Regional standings. Registration 8am Saturday. Wheels up 9am. Field open for practice and set up on Friday.

Splash

NORTH CENTRAL IMAC PILOTS

The Mid-Michigan IMAC contest is just two weeks away! As one of the longest-running IMAC contests in the North Central Region, the Mid-Michigan is the must-attend event of the summer. .

The Jackson RC Club invites you to join us for a great weekend of aerobatic fun and friendship. The announcement and flyer are on the IMAC website for additional information and to pre-register. Pre-registration is appreciated so we can adequately plan for our concession stand.

As usual, Ms. Pam will have her delicious sloppy joes and all the fixin’s. Saturday evening dinner will be at the local favorite Steaks Eatery-great food, great libations, great prices and great fun.

Support your North Central contests so we can continue to hold great local events throughout our region. Your support is needed. A great contest for basic pilots!

We could use more pilots in every class but especially in SPORTSMAN AND UNLIMITED.

Make your plans now to attend the Mid-Michigan IMAC Contest, Jackson, Michigan, August 17-18-2019 Pete Dillon field will be open on Friday, Aug 17 for practice. You’ll have a great time, Guaranteed!!

Last edited by Jim T.; 08-07-2019 at 10:34 AM..
Old 08-07-2019, 05:57 PM
Find More Posts by Warwix
Team AJ Aircraft
United States, MI, Westland
Joined Feb 2015
452 Posts
Looking forward to an awesome contest Mike!
Warwix is online now Find More Posts by Warwix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2019, 12:33 PM
Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Team Twisted!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2006
5,907 Posts
Anyone know if Ward Miller is flying IMAC these days?
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old 08-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Find More Posts by eheliflyer
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,664 Posts
I don’t believe so. Participation in the NC is nowhere near what it used to be...
eheliflyer is offline Find More Posts by eheliflyer
Old 08-10-2019, 11:54 AM
Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Team Twisted!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2006
5,907 Posts
That's ashame. I remember going to contests and there were 16 people in my class!
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old 08-11-2019, 07:20 AM
Find More Posts by eheliflyer
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,664 Posts
Those were the good ole days! Hopefully they get things turned around and can get the participation numbers back up. The SE and the SW seem to be thriving in regards to participation numbers. Pattern in our region is going strong , we regularly get 20-30 at our local contests.
eheliflyer is offline Find More Posts by eheliflyer
Old 08-11-2019, 08:21 AM
Find More Posts by Yakov
Take-off EH! U Hosehead!
Missisauga ON Canada EH!
Joined Jun 2006
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eheliflyer View Post
Those were the good ole days! Hopefully they get things turned around and can get the participation numbers back up. The SE and the SW seem to be thriving in regards to participation numbers. Pattern in our region is going strong , we regularly get 20-30 at our local contests.
Yup those were the Hey Days!In 2008 I hit 17 Contests in the NC Region including 7 in Ontario Canada where now we are down to only 3 this yea rand getting 16 Pilots is pushing it some days. I remember one Contest in Cinci I think where there were 22 Pilots in Sportsman alone. You didn't want to be judging that class that weekend. LOL.

I usually attend Mike's contest but last few years just haven't been able to including this one. Have fun guys.
Yakov is offline Find More Posts by Yakov
Old 08-13-2019, 03:54 PM
Find More Posts by roxberrym
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
ATTENTION PARTICIPANTS AND GUESTS

Exit #141 from eastbound I-94 to Elm Rd is closed due to construction. If coming to the contest from the north on US-127 southbound or from the west on eastbound I-94, you will need to follow the posted Elm Rd. detour signs.

From southbound US-127, exit at Parnell Road. Go east on Parnell to Seymour Rd, then left to the field.

From eastbound I-94, exit to northbound US-127. Follow northbound US-127 to the Parnell Rd. Exit, then east on Parnell Rd to Seymour Rd. Turn left (east) on Seymour (turns into McGill Rd.) until you run into the Jackson RC field gate.
roxberrym is offline Find More Posts by roxberrym
Old 08-14-2019, 09:27 AM
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
Not too late guys. COME TO JACKSON ! All you who haven’ flown in a contest yet, COME TO JACKSON and fly the Novice Class. If you think you haven’t flown enough this year or practiced enough to fly in a contest, COME TO JACKSON! We fly “no shame” sequences. Great fun, great field, great guys. COME TO JACKSON, We’ll treat you right.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:10 PM
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
Mid-Michigan IMAC Results

MID-MICHIGAN IMAC CONTEST
Overall, there were 13 pilots flying in the MID-MICHIGAN IMAC CONTEST contest. In no particular order they were: Aaron Schrader, Cam McCausey, Daniel Reichert, David Pierce, Dwight Macdonald, Isaac Silhavy, Jim Norton, Juan Rosa, Matt Komar, Michael Roxberry, Mike Karnes, Robert Willis and Toby Silhavy. These pilots flew a grand total of 200 judged sequences.

Aaron Schrader won the Basic class. There were 3 pilots in Basic. The winning order was: (1) Aaron Schrader, (2) David Pierce and (3) Juan Rosa. They flew 6 known sequences (3 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 658.8 to a high of 1,000 (a range of 341.2 points).

Jim Norton won the Sportsman class. There were 2 pilots in Sportsman. The winning order was: (1) Jim Norton and (2) Isaac Silhavy. They flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 963.3 to a high of 1,000 (a range of 36.7 points).

Robert Willis won the Intermediate class. There were 2 pilots in Intermediate. The winning order was: (1) Robert Willis and (2) Michael Roxberry. They flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 854.8 to a high of 1,000 (a range of 145.2 points).

Daniel Reichert won the Advanced class. There were 5 pilots in Advanced. The winning order was: (1) Daniel Reichert, (2) Matt Komar, (3) Dwight Macdonald, (4) Toby Silhavy and (5) Mike Karnes. They flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 623.5 to a high of 1,000 (a range of 376.5 points).

Cam McCausey won the Unlimited class. There was 1 pilot in Unlimited. The winning order was: (1) Cam McCausey. He flew 6 known sequences (3 rounds) and 1 unknown round.

Daniel Reichert won the Seniors class. There were 4 pilots in Seniors. The winning order was: (1) Daniel Reichert, (2) Dwight Macdonald, (3) Michael Roxberry and (4) Mike Karnes. They flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 643.656 to a high of 1,000.000 (a range of 356.344 points).

The tightest competition was for 3rd place in the Advanced class, with only 1.728 points difference between Dwight Macdonald and Toby Silhavy.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Find More Posts by Planeferg
United States, MS, Mize
Joined May 2018
4 Posts
I wish Aeroworks was still in the game I love my 35% extra 260
Planeferg is offline Find More Posts by Planeferg

Quick Reply