logo
Old 09-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by rcflyguy
workin on rollers!!!
Findlay, OH
Joined Jan 2006
2,182 Posts
Re: Thistledown Fall Festival Fun-Fly -- Sept. 8, 9, and 10, 2006

Well i had a sevice call in Napoleon today, sooooo I thought I'd check out the field... and Jeff was there!! I even shook his had to be sure it was him!

The field looks great Jeff!!

It looked to me like 20-25 pilots are already tearing up the sky!!!

See ya Saturday!

Scott
rcflyguy is offline Find More Posts by rcflyguy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-08-2006, 04:51 AM
Find More Posts by Boulder
It's official, thanks Verne...
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jan 2006
11,247 Posts

OK Boys,

I'm on the way, 10 minutes, I'm outa' here!! See ya'all at about 8:30 this morning.
Boulder is offline Find More Posts by Boulder
Old 09-08-2006, 06:17 AM
Find More Posts by Redwings
Joined Feb 2006
30 Posts

It looks like Mad Max took lessons from YHB!!!!
Redwings is offline Find More Posts by Redwings
Old 09-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Find More Posts by Fly RC II
Hooked on IMAC
United States, OH, Strongsville
Joined Jan 2006
139 Posts

Hey Boys!

Thistledown was awesome!!! If you missed it, toooo damn bad! Fly by day and party by night - at least I couldn't do to much of the latter because someone had to keep an eye on all the party animals. Prime Time and myself were DD for Friday nights party and Saturday nights party got way outta hand - back at the field! Mr. Mad Max Duncan was very obnoxious and started to play with fire. Remember in the third grade when the teacher told you not to play with fire and gasoline together? Not Mad Max! He got the Crap kicked outta him by the one and only Biff the bad boy Sadler! To top things off, Mr. Greg (kitman) Poppel helped out as well. That boy learned a lesson that evening!

I was trying to sleep in the trailer next to Biff and Kitman, and all I heard was the screeming from MM! Just like they put old Mad Max in a torcher chamber! Its too bad we didn't get any of that on vid or that would have made the FGTV top story of the YEAR!

Momo, if you happen to be reading this, he's coming back to you in one peice and hopefully a changed man.

David
Fly RC II is offline Find More Posts by Fly RC II
Old 09-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
8,501 Posts

ThistleDown------------ Been there, done that....................... Nuf Sed!!!!

What happens in Napoleon, STAYS in Napoleon!!!!

Max did get his ass kicked!!!
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 09-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Find More Posts by Edge 540
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Jan 2006
3,740 Posts

Nobody has mentioned the fly-off throw down challenge. I'm really not sure how to judge that one because I couldn't tell when he was flying, and when he was using his stunt double pilot

Was that him on the slow roll circle? I was impressed with that! And of course the (dare I say impossible) cross box "Matt Chapman". That needs to be added to the giant jargon by he way.
Edge 540 is offline Find More Posts by Edge 540
Old 09-11-2006, 03:26 AM
Find More Posts by Stinger1
New Lisbon, New York USA
Joined Feb 2006
343 Posts

Anyone that missed out on the Thistledown Fly-in, missed a great event . Good weather/Great pilots/ Matt Chapman are a combination that can't be beat . This year I can say it rivaled the Joe Nall fly-in in quality participants and yet was manageable and well run . My thanks go out to Jeff, Corky and the entire Thistledown crew for a fun time .
Stinger1 is offline Find More Posts by Stinger1
Old 09-11-2006, 07:35 AM
Joined Jan 2006
11,247 Posts

First of all, I'd like to thank the Thistledown Flyers for their hard work and dedication to the best fly-in I've ever attended, bar none!!

This is my first time visiting Thistledown, and I was blown away by the people. The crew that worked the event were the friendliest I've encountered.

A very special thanks to Corky, Jeff and their families. Both Corky and Jeff have a way of making every person there feel they are the best thing that happened to Thistledown, just a great group, simple as that.

The Matt Chapman halftime show was the first time I've seen an aerobatic show that close up, simply amazing!! To top it off, he was just a normal guy, easily approached and willing to talk to everyone who came up to him. Super nice guy!!

All right, enough of that stuff, that's all the brown nosing you're gonna' git from me, Matt...

Anybody who misses this event next year, you've been told, it'll be the best fly-in you will attend.

Corky pulled me aside on Sunday and asked me what I would do differently. I told him,"The only thing I would do is have Saturdays rain blast hold off until Sunday night, everything else was perfect!!"
Old 09-11-2006, 08:04 AM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts

GUYS.... where is the 10 million shot photo barrage!
COME ON!!!
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Old 09-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by RCBOZO
Joined Jan 2006
20 Posts

A BIG HELLO form Napoleon, Ohio!!!!!!!!

I want to thank everyone that was able to participate in this years show.

A very wise man named Corky once told me that it's the pilots that make a show and I 100% agree with him! You guys are a HOOT!

Boulder you finished that bottle yet? My wife really liked it!
RCBOZO is offline Find More Posts by RCBOZO
Old 09-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Find More Posts by King
GO DAWGS !!!
MIDDLE OF THE FAIRWAY !
Joined Feb 2006
493 Posts

Had a great week of flying. Just want to thank Corky and especially Jeff for all they did to make the whole week great. See ya next year!!!!

Hey Biff.......

GEORGIA 18 SOUTH CAROLINA COCKS 0

Long Live the KING !!
King is offline Find More Posts by King
Old 09-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Joined Jan 2006
11,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBOZO
A BIG HELLO form Napoleon, Ohio!!!!!!!!

I want to thank everyone that was able to participate in this years show.

A very wise man named Corky once told me that it's the pilots that make a show and I 100% agree with him! You guys are a HOOT!

Boulder you finished that bottle yet? My wife really liked it!
Not yet!!

I did put it in the fridge in the garage, maybe for a nip every now and then

I'll make sure she gets the bottle when the "liquid" is gone, don't tell her, it'll be our little surprise for all of her hard work during the event. It was great meeting you folks this weekend!!
Old 09-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Find More Posts by sealh4
United States, FL, Navarre
Joined Jan 2006
36 Posts

The Thistledown's Fall Festival, hosted by Jeff Heitman and his Dad and Assistant, Corky Heitman is a class act. I am fortunate to be a Thistledown member. It is an elite club and we are honored to be members and there is a waiting list to get in. The members work hard for this event because they love the flying site and love flying model airplanes. Thistledown is the best private club around!
We are able to get enough sponsorship, and local community backing, to pay for the event without having to charge the pilots a dime. It takes a lot of effort to put on this event, but the smiles on peoples faces makes up for all the hard work!
There are not many fly-ins where you can fly 24 hours a day under portable stadium lighting, see a full scale airshow by Matt Chapman, and get a half chicken dinner on Saturday night all for FREE!
I would like to thank everyone that came and helped us with this great event. I'd especially like to thank Ms. Thistledown, Kim Bazen and her husband Brian, who ran the concession stand, Dr. Greg Edwards for selling the raffle tickets, Peter and Sherry Beck for all of their efforts (Pete is our safety officer), Jeff Detray for our awesome website, Jamie Mendez for the parking and Dave Moro for running a smooth pilot registration. Without these people this event would not have happened. If I missed anyone I am sorry not intentional.
If you thought this year was great, the Heitmans assure me that next year will be even better! There will always be a surprise it is a show of shows!

IMAA President (Retired)
Tom Hayden

sealh4 is offline Find More Posts by sealh4
Old 09-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Find More Posts by Redwings
Joined Feb 2006
30 Posts

Hey Tom it was great to have you at the show and thanks for all your help. Just to let you know the Aerocat is repaired for next year!!!!!!
Redwings is offline Find More Posts by Redwings
Old 09-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Find More Posts by 1943
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts

the napoleon event was fantastic got there on tuesday and had alot of flying time . the show itself was fantastic and all the people were great . the demo derby was a blast i got second place the wind made it really tough but still was a great time . it was relly nice to see people that i havent seen in a while. the hambys are super and had a great time with them . john bradly let me fly his trainer jet and that was the first time i ever flew a jet so that was awesome ( thanks john) . darren eaton and myself got to do a little talking about are other hobby (hunting) so the was a very good time also. all in all i have to say the event was great and i cant wait till next year .

1943 bryon
1943 is offline Find More Posts by 1943

Quick Reply