logo
Old 09-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Find More Posts by GoldenEagle
It's Fly'n Time!
United States, FL, Panama City
Joined Jan 2006
211 Posts
IMAC OFFICER CANDIDATES' PLATFORMS

Could we have each of the national officer candidates come online and list their positions on issues that concern us all in IMAC? Qualifications are nice - all seem to have many years in the hobby and have contributed much to IMAC in their past. However, giving the membership the opportunity to see their views, what they have to offer, and what they would do with their office when elected would be very valuable to the voters.

I'd prefer that this all be on the IMAC website but FG seems to get more attention these days for IMAC business (I hope that changes). Some candidates have posted their ideas and bios on FG and the IMAC site already - but let's get them all in one place so that everyone can find the info. This forum also gives the membership a chance to ask questions and get to know the candidates better - sort of like the "townhall" meetings of the big elections.

But PLEASE, let's keep it civil with no cheap shots and personal grudge crap that some seem to be incapable of controling. I hope by this thread that the candidates can be made more aware of the issues that concern us in our IMAC activities and the members will learn who might be the best leaders of our favorite club.

Thanks to those who put forth the effort to run for office.
Let's hear what you have to say!

Chris Tomberlin
GoldenEagle is offline Find More Posts by GoldenEagle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Find More Posts by Radioactive
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts
Re: IMAC OFFICER CANDIDATES' PLATFORMS

Here you go Chris:
Dear IMAC Members,
My name is Don Hamilton Jr. and I am running for the IMAC Presidency. I humbly request your vote for this office and make full commitment to serve with the highest standards of character and integrity worthy of this position. The IMAC membership stand together on foundational stones laid by many who have volunteered countless hours of hard work, dedication, and their efforts are marked by continuing growth in our membership. Our status as the world leader in scale aerobatics, and as a vision-led responsible special interest group (SIG) within the AMA makes us stand out. It is in this spirit and on our record of achievement that we look to our future. As an organization, we will maintain the excitement and invested interest of our current membership as well as educate and mentoring our new members.
The President of an organization sets the overall leadership philosophy and manages the Board of Directors (BOD), while also representing the voice of the membership. The needs of the membership are brought to the table through the Regional Directors on a group level, and the Request for Action (RFA) process or other direct communication can be used by individuals to address concerns. As President, I will work to ensure that the many voices of our group have representation and a forum for debate when needed, with written responses to the initiators. Transparency and fairness is the cornerstone of our judging, education, & competitions. The newly elected IMAC leadership will act no different in the handling of official IMAC business.
Serving as the Southeast Regional Director and CO-Contest Director of the IMAC Nationals for the last two years has given me unique insight into the national IMAC organization. I have an understanding of the bylaws for conducting business, as well as the issues that affect IMAC nationally. The democratic nature of our group demands that our President lead with decisiveness on important issues, as well as remaining open to other’s ideas. This means that all viewpoints must be taken into consideration when making policy decisions that are in the best interest of the national organization. Having sole responsibility of our nuclear medicine department/laboratory, I make decisions on a daily basis that must consider the patient, provider, our staff, and the business financials. In this role, I enlist the talent of our staff to work in areas they are most experienced in, as this is the best way to maintain a motivated work partnership. In this same spirit, I will seek to enlist the help of our many members in areas they enthusiastically support, whether it is on the Rules & Regulations, Sequence, membership, or the Nationals Planning committees. If you care and are willing to help, we have a place for you!
In these economic times we must recognize the sacrifice our members make to support IMAC and compete on the contest trail. Recognizing this, the overall importance of financial health to the organization, is to seek complete transparency of individual motives for attaining these elected positions. I pledge that if elected I will encourage responsible fiscal spending and exercise sound judgment within the capital working budget.
That said, we will move quickly to remedy the following issues with National Membership input, which will result in all voices having a chance to be heard:
1. Regional Championship points accumulation and "multiplier" factors - to be or not to be. Involve all members on a national input basis. “Check the Pulse.”
2. RFA's - Review of RFA's in progress. Streamline the RFA process and review accountability.
3. Rules and Regulations Committee –Immediate recommendation to this committee, will be to clean up ambiguous or contradicting areas of the red book as detailed in the 2008 National Judging Seminar.
4. Ensure new Website is functional, and capable of delivering the necessary communication, and updates. Enable an immediate renewal system that alerts the member in advance at preset intervals, and post -expiration intervals as well.
5. Revamp the International Imac Affiliation program. Capture the lost revenue and initiate International Imac charters, and new memberships, as they benefit from the unknowns etc. Create a "World Imac Championships Venue". A lot of this ground work already exists. We need to have a “vision” for an Olympic Imac Venue.
6. Approve, and Fund .National Judging Training seminars annually, with local regional judging seminars. Judging is the “Life Blood” of this organization. Allocating funds for the seminars will ensure the longevity, the growth of Imac organization., and solidify the judging standards thru the world Imac organization.
7. Allow RD’s to work within the standardized guidelines, yielding flexibility to the region, will allow it to prosper in membership and competitions. This is due to each region being geographically different, and consideration is needed.
8. Implement an immediate national Membership Committee /Campaign, which will increase new memberships, retention, and renewals.
9. Work to create a true “National Championships” drawing on the organizational talent that currently exists in our Imac membership.
!0. Monitor all committees, with public/printed documentation that is encompasses transparency, and accountability to the membership.
I am supported at home by my wife of 24 years, Linda (thank you). We have had the great joy to raise our two sons Stephen and Jordan to be fine young men and students, as well as R/C pilots and competitors in their own right.
As an avid aviation enthusiast, and RC pilot for 18 years, my passions are flight, competition, judging, loving my country, family, and extended Imac family. I look forward serving an organization that has endless limits. With a thorough understanding of leadership; I realize the “Team” approach is a must for Imac to continue to flourish, and take its place on the World Stage.
Leadership requires more than emotions, it requires the discipline to work through all obstacles, seek solutions, and most of all; inspire the natural talent that is already in place within our organization.

Sincerely,
Don Hamilton Jr.
Southeast Regional Director
flyinghamiltons@comcast.net

AMA # 529902
IMAC # 4270
Radioactive is offline Find More Posts by Radioactive
Old 09-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,405 Posts

I am not running for NC RD because I feel IMAC is in need of change and I have all these ideas and platforms that I want to implement if elected.
I think IMAC is a great organization and I think as a whole, everyone involed with leadersip roles does a good job. Theres always room for improvement and if I can be part of that, even better.

Here in NC we have had some really good RD's since I have been involved with IMAC. They leave big shoes to fill.
Kurt Koelling
Ken McGuire
Bob Hudson
Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wayne
Old 09-15-2008, 05:55 AM
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts

Wayne, i suppose you made a slight error... you need to remove the "Not"..Correct??
As you are running... at least i thought....
Last edited by Radioactive; 09-17-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by McFueler
Claremont NC USA
Joined Jun 2006
3,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
I am not running for NC RD because I feel IMAC is in need of change and I have all these ideas and platforms that I want to implement if elected.
I think IMAC is a great organization and I think as a whole, everyone involed with leadersip roles does a good job. Theres always room for improvement and if I can be part of that, even better.

Here in NC we have had some really good RD's since I have been involved with IMAC. They leave big shoes to fill.
Kurt Koelling
Ken McGuire
Bob Hudson
OK are you running for NC RD or not ? This post has me trying to figure that out .
McFueler is offline Find More Posts by McFueler
Old 09-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Go Bucks!!!
Swanton, OH USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,591 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post

Kurt Koelling
Ken McGuire
Bob Hudson

I don't mean to answer for Wayne but to me it sounds like he is indeed running for the NC RD.

He is just stating that he is not running for this position because IMAC needs changes, he is running because he loves it and feels if he can help make it better in this new role then thats even better.

Correct Wayne?

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Old 09-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun.flyer View Post
I don't mean to answer for Wayne but to me it sounds like he is indeed running for the NC RD.

He is just stating that he is not running for this position because IMAC needs changes, he is running because he loves it and feels if he can help make it better in this new role then thats even better.

Correct Wayne?

Tim
Exactly.
Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wayne
Old 09-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Go Bucks!!!
Swanton, OH USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,591 Posts

Don,

Goodluck on your IMAC Presidency.

You would indeed be a perfect reflection of what IMAC stands for and I know during your term you would only make this sport grow and prosper.

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Old 09-16-2008, 04:13 PM
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts

Thks, Tim, and yes Wayne is also an important asset to that TEAM Approach. Tim, we could also use you on a comm. as well, lots to get done, and we have some very bright folks ready to jump in and give a little as well.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
United States, GA, Dallas
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts

My "vision" for IMAC:
"IMAC will be the internationally recognized authority on model Scale Aerobatics within 5 years."
Wayne Matthews
Chairman
IMAC Sequence Committee
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Old 09-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Claremont NC USA
Joined Jun 2006
3,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun.flyer View Post

Correct Wayne?

Tim

That was what I thought he was saying ,,,,,,, just wanted to clear that up !
Old 09-17-2008, 07:33 AM
Find More Posts by Jim Woodward
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 2006
1,206 Posts

Jim Woodward is offline Find More Posts by Jim Woodward
Last edited by Jim Woodward; 06-21-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Claremont NC USA
Joined Jun 2006
3,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Woodward View Post
I'm quoting Wayne's post, but this question is really for the entire Kent-Ticket:

There is already a governing body for aeromodeling called FAI (as seen here at http://www.fai.org/ ) They are associated with full scale aerobatics, Red Bull races, F3A, and have some provision for a scale aerobatics class called F3M - however I admit not knowing the exact nature of its status, being approved or conditional - but it seems impending for sure.

With this new F3M class unfolding, how will IMAC under your leadership work to mold the rule sets or sequence creation according to your vision? Or, will your ticket seek to adopt rules sets as indicated by FAI?

If you want IMAC to be the world leader in Scale Aerobatics as stated above, you will be forced to reconcile your vision of scale aerobatics with or against the FAI community one way or another.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim , I'm guessing this question is directed towards me so I'll give you my thoughts on this subject , note this is my thoughts and I'll let Kent , Wayne and Dan answer for them selves . What I know about F3M is that it has Nothing to do with IMAC or what IMAC is about . The only thing we have that is even similar to F3M is we both fly large scale RC planes . They fly there contest like a pattern contest and do not use the rules we do . I think what I would like to see IMAC become all over the world is that the rest of the world would like what we do so much that they would want to Join us and do what we do the way we do it ! I would like to see some things about IMAC made better (improved) but I don't want to see IMAC changed to be anything like the F3M or patten . Hope this answers your question about how I feel about this subject .
Old 09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by Jim Woodward
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 2006
1,206 Posts

Jim Woodward is offline Find More Posts by Jim Woodward
Last edited by Jim Woodward; 06-21-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Claremont NC USA
Joined Jun 2006
3,225 Posts

Jim , I like your new avatar !!!!!

Quick Reply