logo
Old 11-28-2016, 11:41 AM
Find More Posts by Brian Smith
United States, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Jan 2007
206 Posts
Question
GP 85 inch Citabria

Has anyone flown theirs " without" the struts?? The wing rod and wing seem strong enough. Some days just running to the field for a quick flight or two I have threatened to just leave them off? Mine has a DLE 30 and I'm an old low and slo guy. I could not do extreme aerobatics if I wanted to. Thanks Brian Smith
Brian Smith is offline Find More Posts by Brian Smith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-06-2016, 09:43 AM
Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
United States, IL, Moline
Joined Oct 2008
2,059 Posts
I kept my struts on the wings at all times. Might be ok without. I don't recall knowing if the manual said otherwise. If your putting around sure it's fine, but even a loop too fast could be fatal.
nappyroots2182 is offline Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
Old 12-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Suspended Account
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,322 Posts
Perhaps it is possible, but I would not fly without... I have seen too many high wing planes lost because of not flying with struts installed.

Off Topic- Hope you and your wife are doing well Brian! We met in 2011 when I met the both of you in Chattanooga to pick up your TF P-47. The bird is in flying condition now, but does not see as much air time as it deserves. This was my first giant back in 2011, THANK YOU!
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Old 02-22-2017, 12:21 AM
Find More Posts by Brian Smith
United States, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Jan 2007
206 Posts
Hey .. Hello to you as well..

Those screen names just throw me for a loop. But the pic brought it all back. Sounds good on the model. Take care. Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor Trails View Post
Perhaps it is possible, but I would not fly without... I have seen too many high wing planes lost because of not flying with struts installed.

Off Topic- Hope you and your wife are doing well Brian! We met in 2011 when I met the both of you in Chattanooga to pick up your TF P-47. The bird is in flying condition now, but does not see as much air time as it deserves. This was my first giant back in 2011, THANK YOU!
Brian Smith is offline Find More Posts by Brian Smith

Quick Reply