logo
Old 07-01-2017, 07:56 AM
Find More Posts by FX777
Having fun!!
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jan 2009
1,506 Posts
I have been using a chicken stick for for more than a decade. Its like the seat belt comment. It now just seems normal and I wouldn't think of doing it any other way. My DLE 120 (and 55) have had a kick back issue, though not recently. I also read the GP 123 was having the same issue. If you have ever experienced this, it is an eye opener. Several times my old stick was thrown more than 30 feet; and it happened in a split second. I always keep the stick in my right pants pocket and it is like second nature and a natural extension of my hand. Having lost a finger tip decades ago, I know they don't grow back and with any modification, dexterity is forever changed. Just my 2 cents.

Plan to order a Rolling stick when they are available. But the one I use now has also served me well on many occassions.
FX777 is offline Find More Posts by FX777
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-01-2017, 09:03 AM
Find More Posts by RICHMATH
FLYEMBIG
United States, UT, St George
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX777 View Post
I have been using a chicken stick for for more than a decade. Its like the seat belt comment. It now just seems normal and I wouldn't think of doing it any other way. My DLE 120 (and 55) have had a kick back issue, though not recently. I also read the GP 123 was having the same issue. If you have ever experienced this, it is an eye opener. Several times my old stick was thrown more than 30 feet; and it happened in a split second. I always keep the stick in my right pants pocket and it is like second nature and a natural extension of my hand. Having lost a finger tip decades ago, I know they don't grow back and with any modification, dexterity is forever changed. Just my 2 cents.

Plan to order a Rolling stick when they are available. But the one I use now has also served me well on many occassions.
Good testimony my friend... There are some people out there that seem to believe this risk dose not exist. I had one person go back and forth with me and said..."If you spin the prop and get your hand out of the way after spinning the prop then how are you going to get your hand cut!"
Thank you for sharing this, I appreciate you taking the time...

I will be opening the site back up next week. I have had a lot of people write me wanting to get the RCS's so I have worked it out to get the orders filled and shipped while I am down.

Thanks again for you post.
Richard
RICHMATH is offline Find More Posts by RICHMATH
Old 07-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by tande
United States, MI, Millington
Joined Sep 2008
1,832 Posts
To put it simply......there is no serious argument in support of using your hand, when there is an alternate method that does not carry the same physical injury risk......it's all about the "Macho/Look"......
tande is offline Find More Posts by tande
Old 07-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Find More Posts by Papatrey
Educating - One at a Time
United States, GA, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2016
292 Posts
I have a yellow #1 that I used a couple of times. I liked it, but I like the paint roller more.
Papatrey is offline Find More Posts by Papatrey
Last edited by Papatrey; 07-01-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:11 PM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papatrey View Post
I have a yellow #1 that I used a couple of times. I liked it, but I like the paint roller more.

If anyone is interested in the Yellow #1 stick, I'll sell it for $15 + $5 shipping first class anywhere in the good ole USA.

So glad you didnt say you are going back to hand propping!!
Use the RCS or a paint roller or a base ball bat, just dont hand prop those finger eaters...thats the main point.

Thanks for your post and take care..
Richard
Old 07-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Find More Posts by Papatrey
Educating - One at a Time
United States, GA, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2016
292 Posts
Only did the hand propping a couple times then was introduced to the paint roller.

RCS is a great product, it performed exactly as advertised. I would recommend it to anyone.....especially those crazy enough to use their hand.
Papatrey is offline Find More Posts by Papatrey
Last edited by Papatrey; 07-01-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:42 PM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
Quote:
... I always keep the stick in my right pants pocket and it is like second nature and a natural extension of my hand.

I get a lot of e-mails from people that are using the RCS. This is part of one that came in the other day...similar to what you are saying...

"... what I remember that day was how the stick is now a second hand, so smooth, so ez to use,..."

r
Old 07-02-2017, 06:57 AM
Find More Posts by FX777
Having fun!!
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jan 2009
1,506 Posts
Sounds like your providing a great product that will avoid alot of grief. Congrats!
FX777 is offline Find More Posts by FX777
Old 07-02-2017, 08:33 AM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like your providing a great product that will avoid alot of grief. Congrats!

Sounds like you have been reading some of the review.

Yes sir it does just that...it eliminates a lot of grief, like an unexpected visit to the ER room...

Should have the site back up for orders in just a few days.

Thanks my friend,
Richard
Old 07-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2010
6,421 Posts
My dle 170 which normally starts quite easily had a hard backfire yesterday. In front is a three blade carbon prop. The fact that I was using my rolling stick probably makes the story a lot less exciting. 😳
FGNewbie is online now Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Old 07-02-2017, 11:04 AM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGNewbie View Post
My dle 170 which normally starts quite easily had a hard backfire yesterday. In front is a three blade carbon prop. The fact that I was using my rolling stick probably makes the story a lot less exciting. 😳

I tell you what (as you know) a 170cc engine can do some very serious damage if it gets the chance to bit you! Got a couple myself and they are what inspired me to change the way I start RC engines.

"The fact that I was using my rolling stick probably makes the story a lot less exciting. 😳"
It makes my day to hear these reports. This is what makes the making of the RCS worth it!!

Thank you for the post and I am happy about your last sentence!
Richard
Old 07-02-2017, 11:04 AM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
Quote:

Post 460...and many others...

r
Old 07-03-2017, 02:08 PM
Find More Posts by frank99
United States, AR, Sheridan
Joined Oct 2009
4,069 Posts
Richard, Seems like there is a bearing in the roller, each stick I have is perfect, it has no play, rolls very smooth, I keep it in my back pocket at fun flys , guys are trying to steal it , joking , they want to try it out, I loan it out all day, 99% like it , guys just drop it in the shopping cart and save a injury ,more to come on the handles later, tks frank
Rich ,keep up the good work
frank99 is offline Find More Posts by frank99
Last edited by frank99; 07-03-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:03 PM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
"WORKS Perfect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank99 View Post
Richard, each stick I have is perfect, it has no play, rolls very smooth, I keep it in my back pocket at fun flys , guys are trying to steal it , joking , they want to try it out, I loan it out all day, 99% like it , guys just drop it in the shopping cart and save a injury , tks frank
Rich ,keep up the good work

Frank, tell them to go to the website and get one (or several)...

The website should be back up and taking orders tomorrow!

Thanks for the report Frank. I'm glad they are working so well for you...and the others...

Richard
Last edited by RICHMATH; 07-03-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Find More Posts by AeroSheldon
Nobody has more fun than me!
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
3,140 Posts
I love mine. I use a carabiner to attach it to my belt loop in the back 4 o'clock position.... several guys at the Colorado Huckfest last weekend loved that idea! It is always handy that way.

PS thank you for supporting our event.
AeroSheldon is offline Find More Posts by AeroSheldon

Quick Reply