to remove ads between posts
Old 04-16-2016, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by Hoosier06
United States, IN, Highland
Joined Jan 2006
616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexp View Post
Can anyone advise on the 4 servo option for ailerons, the balance feature? for the left servos you can only adjust the center for the inboard servo and no option for the outboard servo? Horizon doesn't know or at least would not call back and JR Americas would not return a call.
I think you might be thinking that balance feature is going to do something is is not designed to do. You center your servos with sub trim. The balance feature balances the two servos on one wing then on the other. Usually you balance one servo with the other so that there is no servo buzz made from one servo fighting against the other.

Servo balancing is done after your set up is complete to the best it that you can get it using sub trim and travel adjust. Google servo balance and there a videos on it.
Hoosier06 is offline Find More Posts by Hoosier06
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2016, 07:36 PM
Find More Posts by alexp
United States, TN, Dyersburg
Joined Aug 2012
39 Posts
Ok, thanks.
alexp is offline Find More Posts by alexp
Old 04-16-2016, 07:44 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier06 View Post
I think you might be thinking that balance feature is going to do something is is not designed to do. You center your servos with sub trim. The balance feature balances the two servos on one wing then on the other. Usually you balance one servo with the other so that there is no servo buzz made from one servo fighting against the other.

Servo balancing is done after your set up is complete to the best it that you can get it using sub trim and travel adjust. Google servo balance and there a videos on it.
I did find it best to use the balance feature and set a center point in the balance feature for neutral. I may use subtrim for most of the adjustment but would set the center point in the balance feature because center would move on me when i made other adjustments.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 04-17-2016, 07:34 AM
Find More Posts by alexp
United States, TN, Dyersburg
Joined Aug 2012
39 Posts
Thanks for responding, what I was confused about was why on the 11XG you have the option to adjust the centers on the right wing using balance but on the left there is only 1 adjustment option for 1 servo?
alexp is offline Find More Posts by alexp
Old 04-21-2016, 08:42 PM
Find More Posts by bullardrm
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Joined Nov 2006
377 Posts
Does anyone know if a black face can be put on the 11X. I get a reflection from the sun and its a major distraction. I have called JRAmerica twice and left messages but they do not call me back.
bullardrm is offline Find More Posts by bullardrm
Old 04-22-2016, 07:27 AM
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
United States, GA, Dallas
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullardrm View Post
Does anyone know if a black face can be put on the 11X. I get a reflection from the sun and its a major distraction. I have called JRAmerica twice and left messages but they do not call me back.
Hey Ron.... There is a company that makes "Wraps" for the XG11 that I think should fit your 11X.

I am going to try to find the source for you and post it here. They have a variety of colors that have been used by a few Team JR pilots and seems to work.
Wayne
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Old 04-22-2016, 08:32 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Ron..... Here is some more info.... The link is to a Hobby Shop in Hong Kong (I think)
http://www.rcmania.hk/
Old 04-22-2016, 11:02 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Ron... On gathering more information from Team JR members who had bought the wraps... I was advised that they fit the XG8 and the XG14.

I am just about sure that size will NOT fit the 11X which you are talking about. It is possible that they may have it though, but you would have to check.
Regards,
Wayne
Old 06-15-2016, 07:58 PM
Find More Posts by Bubbagman61
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2015
10 Posts
Assign flap switch for 3 stunt modes

Haven't read all the pages associated with this post but finally opened the box, been using my DX-7 and decided since I've finally settled in after moving 16 months ago. Time to use my new radio and am baffled by how to assign my flap switch. I am more of a visual person. Have received some instructional assistance via forum but am still baffled. The LHS said they didn't see the need and that you should be always flying will full deflection??? Any help would be greatly appreciated, am comfortable with programming the 3 switches but want one to handle everything .

Thanks
Bubbagman61 is online now Find More Posts by Bubbagman61
Old 06-15-2016, 10:34 PM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2010
6,421 Posts
i'm not really clear on what you are trying to do. you said three stunt modes which makes me wonder if you want the flaps mixed to the elevators for 3D flight? if that's the case it's just a mix with a switch assignment.
FGNewbie is online now Find More Posts by FGNewbie

Quick Reply