logo
Old 07-03-2019, 06:38 AM
Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Chix fly too.
Joined Jul 2011
1,079 Posts
Discussion
Whatever happened to the BUSA Lysander?

As in the title, 2 or 3 years ago it was announced, I was going to build one as a tribute to my departed dad who despite starting 3 Lysander kits never finished one, he loved that plane. 50 cc size from memory, I kept an engine ready and even bought a biela scale prop.

I can find nothing about it online and it isn’t on the BUSA website, have the plans for a kit been scrapped?
Languid Virago is offline Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-15-2019, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by Speed2004
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Sep 2010
12 Posts
Not sure about BUSA, but Tower had a large Phoenix Models that was fairly nice. Flew well too. I think there is one at Dynamic Balsa for sale. Contact phone number at Dbalsa.com -not sure your location, they are in Leonore, IL
Speed2004 is offline Find More Posts by Speed2004
Last edited by Speed2004; 10-15-2019 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:43 PM
Find More Posts by Fly2XS
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2007
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Languid Virago View Post
As in the title, 2 or 3 years ago it was announced, I was going to build one as a tribute to my departed dad who despite starting 3 Lysander kits never finished one, he loved that plane. 50 cc size from memory, I kept an engine ready and even bought a biela scale prop.

I can find nothing about it online and it isn’t on the BUSA website, have the plans for a kit been scrapped?
The Lysander design that BUSA was looking at was not viable and the prototype was sold. I did buy a set of plans from the designer for reference.

I bought the Seagull Models Westland Lysander as I liked how good the land gear looks as compared to the Phoenix Models version.

I've been flying it for 3 years with a Saito FG-60 R3 gas engine.
Fly2XS is offline Find More Posts by Fly2XS

Quick Reply