logo
Old 06-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Find More Posts by dougpeck
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Jan 2007
128 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 Pitts 12R "The Beast"

VERY excited to see "Beast" coming out ... we are big supporters of QQ and now Horizon ! It is esp. great to see fully certified RC airplanes in near perfect scale directly w/support from the designers Kimball and Company !

Thanks ,Kevin, for jumping in and helping us understand this impressive new plane. I , for one, have no interest in buying any pirated copies of any new planes any more... it's great to see the actual designers certifying someone like QQ and then to see a quality RC company such as Horizon only selling certified planes of the Pitts Python / T12 / Beast .

Hat's off to Horizon ... I hope their willingness to be honorable in their business dealings will rub off on other great RC companies also....

Congratulations QQ , Kevin and Jim Kimball Enterprises !!
dougpeck is offline Find More Posts by dougpeck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Find More Posts by Mokken
The Kings Minion
Atlanta, GA
Joined May 2006
1,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougpeck View Post
VERY excited to see "Beast" coming out ... we are big supporters of QQ and now Horizon ! It is esp. great to see fully certified RC airplanes in near perfect scale directly w/support from the designers Kimball and Company !

Thanks ,Kevin, for jumping in and helping us understand this impressive new plane. I , for one, have no interest in buying any pirated copies of any new planes any more... it's great to see the actual designers certifying someone like QQ and then to see a quality RC company such as Horizon only selling certified planes of the Pitts Python / T12 / Beast .

Hat's off to Horizon ... I hope their willingness to be honorable in their business dealings will rub off on other great RC companies also....

Congratulations QQ , Kevin and Jim Kimball Enterprises !!
I'm a big fan of Kevin's full scale planes, but the QQ bipe is just his same ole design with different wing tips and a new covering job. I hardly see what's exciting about the same ole same ole.
Mokken is offline Find More Posts by Mokken
Old 06-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Find More Posts by kjkimball
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined May 2006
628 Posts

Sure thing guys. Glad to share some insight anytime.

Doug,

Thank you for the kind words and your support. I will tell you that much of what you are just now starting to see from this collaboration was put into motion about 3 years ago. It takes so much time to set these things up and you have to plan so far ahead in order to get the paperwork in place. Everyone involved is very excited now that we can start to share the airplanes will all of you. The idea of the BEAST was born in early 2006 but the world learned of it in 2009. That's a long time to keep a secret.

Mokken,

Don't be fooled by the obvious. A python the BEAST is not. You've only seen the tip of the iceberg....
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball
Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by askforplanes
3D Giants
Virginia
Joined Dec 2007
1,069 Posts

What is the estimated price?

JP
askforplanes is offline Find More Posts by askforplanes
Old 07-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by gmorales83
Carbon Fiber Everything
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Mar 2008
714 Posts

Here's a pic I took at Nall Both were incredible !

GM
gmorales83 is offline Find More Posts by gmorales83
Old 07-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Find More Posts by DEVZAK9
Crashen em and Bashen em
Trying to fly this dang yak
Joined Nov 2006
4,389 Posts

Got a question here not sure if anyone has asked it yet but since its modeled after a real plane could you use this plane to compete in scale competitions? im sure you would have to move the stab up to a dif position but anyone think it could be done?
DEVZAK9 is offline Find More Posts by DEVZAK9
Old 07-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Find More Posts by askforplanes
3D Giants
Virginia
Joined Dec 2007
1,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVZAK9 View Post
Got a question here not sure if anyone has asked it yet but since its modeled after a real plane could you use this plane to compete in scale competitions? im sure you would have to move the stab up to a dif position but anyone think it could be done?
I don't think that anyone has asked that yet. I think it could be done though.

JP
askforplanes is offline Find More Posts by askforplanes
Old 07-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Crashen em and Bashen em
Joined Nov 2006
4,389 Posts

Quote:
I don't think that anyone has asked that yet. I think it could be done though.

JP
Its already covered like the full scale and all you would really have to do is just a few little things next to moving the stabs up but other than that you probably could do it
Old 07-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Find More Posts by 3D Master
Keep'em Flying Low!!
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2006
641 Posts

Quote:
Its already covered like the full scale and all you would really have to do is just a few little things next to moving the stabs up but other than that you probably could do it
Im sure no change's are needed due to the 10% rule.
Kyle
3D Master is offline Find More Posts by 3D Master
Old 07-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Crashen em and Bashen em
Joined Nov 2006
4,389 Posts

Quote:
Im sure no change's are needed due to the 10% rule.
Kyle
Completely forgot about that thanks for reminding me.I seriously think it could be done
Old 07-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Keep'em Flying Low!!
Joined Jan 2006
641 Posts

Quote:
Completely forgot about that thanks for reminding me.I seriously think it could be done
No problem... I would however think that the flight characteristic's would change dramatically if you did decide to move the horizontal stab up into a scale position, and perhaps the model would not fly near as good as it does in the position that it is in as it comes. But back to your suggestion, im sure it could be done, as long as the area to where it would be placed has the proper support for the stab to be placed there. Would like to know how it turns out if you do indeed decide to move it up a lil.
Thanks
Kyle
Old 07-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Crashen em and Bashen em
Joined Nov 2006
4,389 Posts

Quote:
No problem... I would however think that the flight characteristic's would change dramatically if you did decide to move the horizontal stab up into a scale position, and perhaps the model would not fly near as good as it does in the position that it is in as it comes. But back to your suggestion, im sure it could be done, as long as the area to where it would be placed has the proper support for the stab to be placed there. Would like to know how it turns out if you do indeed decide to move it up a lil.
Thanks
Kyle
As for the flight characteristics it might make less aerobatic but other than that i dont know of any reasons why it would make it fly any worse?
Old 07-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Keep'em Flying Low!!
Joined Jan 2006
641 Posts

True, i just boil's down to what kinda plane you yourself would be looking for. It is an amazing looking plane, wish we had some new's on this bird on when it will be available. I know it takes time to get all the bugs out of this plane, i know QQ and Horizon would not want to put out a model that does not fly good. So will be watching for this plane to make its debut!
Kyle
Old 07-11-2009, 06:28 AM
Find More Posts by kjkimball
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined May 2006
628 Posts

Kyle,

News will be out on the Beast model when the timing is right. Hang on a bit longer. I have been told Horizon will have the 80-100 cc Beast available to customers around the end of this year. Counting the months from now until then would seem to indicate production is underway now or very soon in order to have them available at the end of the year. I wish we could crank out full scale versions that fast!
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball
Old 07-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Keep'em Flying Low!!
Joined Jan 2006
641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkimball View Post
Kyle,

News will be out on the Beast model when the timing is right. Hang on a bit longer. I have been told Horizon will have the 80-100 cc Beast available to customers around the end of this year. Counting the months from now until then would seem to indicate production is underway now or very soon in order to have them available at the end of the year. I wish we could crank out full scale versions that fast!
We can all wait for this amazing looking plane. BTW if you need any A&P's to help push out more full scale versions let me know im an A&P and just got laid off so looking for a job at this point!
Thanks for jumping in! I know this will be one good flying plane with QQ and Horizon behind this product!
Kyle

Quick Reply