I just wana fly airplanes!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Apr 2012
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgood View Post
I don't see it folks.
Explain to me why would you buy one???
I don't want to slam this guy. But I am ready to.
I don't see it - no way!
What am I missing here?

Ronster

If you flew pattern, you could see it.
shimano is offline Find More Posts by shimano
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
RC Enthusiast
United States, WI, West Bend
Joined Jan 2006
8,340 Posts
This is similar to the "where are the USA made ARF's?" thread. You have a USA hand built engine and then people complain about price. Sounds like its priced very well.
JoeAirPort is offline Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
Old 09-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Find More Posts by shimano
I just wana fly airplanes!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Apr 2012
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAirPort View Post
This is similar to the "where are the USA made ARF's?" thread. You have a USA hand built engine and then people complain about price. Sounds like its priced very well.
Amen.

Not to really say it is or it isnt a good motor.. no way to know until it gets used.. But to a pattern flyer these days, there are a few that are looking for that perfect 30cc class motor that is the lightest weight and most powerful engine to be found, this looks promising.

Currently the OS GT 33 is that motor, but again, that motor looks like it could dominate. You would need to understand the pattern world a little bit to understand what I am talking about. Weight is EVERYTHING in pattern. And yeah, I understand that a lot of the IMAC guys snub off the pattern discussion. but whatever.
shimano is offline Find More Posts by shimano
Old 09-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by acrobatical
Flyin' Around
Joined Aug 2013
3 Posts
If you talk about pricing, I think it is wrong to compare it with those Chinese engines. To me personally, I think that the cheap $200 Chinese engines are the lowest grade engine out in the market. The Japanese, USA, and Europe engines are way more worth the price. It is also rare for a company to show internal parts to the customers so that they can think if the engine is Worth the price. I would buy one if it was to me.
acrobatical is offline Find More Posts by acrobatical
Old 09-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Find More Posts by kerwin50
cameron mo
Joined Oct 2010
1,471 Posts
Years gone by there were several US engine makers. Walkers, A&M sachs, brisons, frist place, and BME to just name a few.
I knew a guy close by here that made made engines from Husky jug, piston and rod. he made his won crank and crank case.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old 09-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrobatical View Post
If you talk about pricing, I think it is wrong to compare it with those Chinese engines. To me personally, I think that the cheap $200 Chinese engines are the lowest grade engine out in the market. The Japanese, USA, and Europe engines are way more worth the price. It is also rare for a company to show internal parts to the customers so that they can think if the engine is Worth the price. I would buy one if it was to me.
I am ALL for buying American, but you have to agree about one thing.......all the talk about "cheap" Chinese engines, remember the same was said about Japanese autos in the 60's and 70's....look where they are now......and I have and still do drive GM vehicles all my life.
flyin4fun is offline Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Old 09-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Find More Posts by Mikeq
Darned Spoilsport
United States, AR, Maumelle
Joined Oct 2011
2,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin4fun View Post
I am ALL for buying American, but you have to agree about one thing.......all the talk about "cheap" Chinese engines, remember the same was said about Japanese autos in the 60's and 70's....look where they are now......and I have and still do drive GM vehicles all my life.
+1
Mikeq is offline Find More Posts by Mikeq
Old 09-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Find More Posts by acrobatical
Flyin' Around
Joined Aug 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin4fun View Post

So does this mean you will wait for another 40-50 years until they get better?
acrobatical is offline Find More Posts by acrobatical
Old 09-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrobatical View Post
So does this mean you will wait for another 40-50 years until they get better?
Didn't take them 40, 50 years to get better, they always had better fuel mileage, just their rust issues and reliability issues suffered...but they always improved on these every year as the American car companies issues with rust and reliability went down hill.....Japanese car companies were an up and coming major player starting mid to late 70's and continue to be MORE of a player as we speak.
flyin4fun is offline Find More Posts by flyin4fun

Quick Reply