logo
Old 11-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Find More Posts by ditchit
Joined Dec 2007
441 Posts
Whoops!
Spitfire crash after aborted landing approach

Not an ideal landing approach but not bad either. Sometimes it's best to take the opportunity and not abort, go around, and aim for perfection. This is why...

Bad luck. Fixable though I suspect.

TRAGIC radio controlled (RC) SPITFIRE CRASH LANDING (3 min 16 sec)
ditchit is offline Find More Posts by ditchit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-08-2019, 06:59 PM
Find More Posts by 2walla
United States, WA, Walla Walla
Joined Apr 2007
2,338 Posts
That sounded like engine failure on go around after a bad approach.. bad approach equals bad landing.. He should have aborted over the threshold instead of at 50% field behind him.. Then it would have puked 30 seconds earlier and had more run I have flown several spitfires and runway in front of him.. I never use the flaps on mine. The thick wing slows down and settles in just fine without flaps.. when the engine quit.. he should have raised the flaps and gear and went straight ahead... The grass probably wouldn't have hurt it a bit. If the engine would have kept running he would have been fine. But as I said he chased a bad approach halfway down the field then had little option when the fan quit and then it got worse...
2walla is offline Find More Posts by 2walla
Old 11-08-2019, 07:12 PM
Find More Posts by 3DJP
United States, NJ, Penns Grove
Joined Dec 2015
1,080 Posts
Sounds like the idle wouldn’t come down so he went to power out of it but the engine died instead.. plus it was really windy atleast it looked windy anyway.. suxx it was a nice looking plane!
3DJP is online now Find More Posts by 3DJP

Quick Reply