logo
Old 08-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Find More Posts by bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts
A Huge heart felt thanks to everyone at CAPI this weekend

I'd like to take the time to first thank both Dave and Steve, you guys put on one heck of a show. To the judges, you all kicked but. since there was so many in basic, you all stepped up and spent long hours in very hot/humid conditions without so much as a break.

To all of you (you know who you are) who listened to me grumble most of Saturday. Please understand it was not directed at any of you personally, between the fever I had, the heat and humidity, the lack of any sleep Friday night, I was not in my best mood. Most of you that know me, know I am not normnally like that so this apology is sent out to those who I did not get to apologize to in person today.

For all the new guys in basic, you did great today. I spoke to some of the judges afterwards that judged you yesterday and got a chance to watch you a little today, they all noticed a huge improvement. You guys deserve a huge pat on the back. I hope you all stick with it and I had a lot of fun flying with you guys as well as everyone else

I had heard a lot of good things about the CAPI meet and I am sorry I missed it last year, you can bet I'll be back next time and by the way, I forgot to give you my vote for a "mini-CAPI" in the spring and a judging seminar near or in Penssylvania

Sorry for the long post, I was so impressed yesterday for all the people that offered to help me get cooled off and to Tony Bonano (hope I spelled it right) for giving me the clamps to fix my header

You all rock
bubbagates is offline Find More Posts by bubbagates
Last edited by bubbagates; 08-26-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by dmichael
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Jan 2006
1,045 Posts
Re: A Huge heart felt thanks to everyone at CAPI this weekend

Thanks, Bill, it's our pleasure and it's great to get good feedback. Even so, I am always aware that we can do better and we are already working on some ideas to get another round in on Saturday and cool things off for the contest.

As far as the judging seminar and Basic/Sportsman contest, we are throwing around some ideas on that too so look for something from me on this later in the season.

PGRC, where the CAPI is held, is fortunate to have recently gotten the use of the house at the top of hill as you come into the flying field. After everyone went home today we were up there and talked about actually combining the judging seminar with the one day basic/sportsman contest. Judging Seminar on Saturday, at the house near the field, two round contest on Sunday using the judges that went through the training on Saturday.

Stay tuned....

Dave
dmichael is offline Find More Posts by dmichael
Old 08-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Find More Posts by dmichael
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Jan 2006
1,045 Posts

In case you didn't see it, contest results are here:

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...-bowie-md.html
dmichael is offline Find More Posts by dmichael
Old 08-27-2007, 06:36 AM
Find More Posts by bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmichael View Post
Thanks, Bill, it's our pleasure and it's great to get good feedback. Even so, I am always aware that we can do better and we are already working on some ideas to get another round in on Saturday and cool things off for the contest.

As far as the judging seminar and Basic/Sportsman contest, we are throwing around some ideas on that too so look for something from me on this later in the season.

PGRC, where the CAPI is held, is fortunate to have recently gotten the use of the house at the top of hill as you come into the flying field. After everyone went home today we were up there and talked about actually combining the judging seminar with the one day basic/sportsman contest. Judging Seminar on Saturday, at the house near the field, two round contest on Sunday using the judges that went through the training on Saturday.

Stay tuned....

Dave
Count me in on all of it.
bubbagates is offline Find More Posts by bubbagates

Quick Reply