logo
Old 08-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
7,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parpar1 View Post
Damn you Reza another thing i need that i dont have the money for. Stop posting this stuff.
+1
Just like Azhar's new electric fuel pump. I don't really need it, don't have the money for it, but I will probably get them anyway.
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts
I have that problem on heavier planes! Gene has couple of great ideas, One is to put some sort of leather washer to increase the friction enough so it doesn't slip! Wood surface on his stands are very high quality and smooth so no matter how tight the knob is, the wood can slip through movements of the plane on the stand or when you have a heavy plane!

I am super busy but once I have some time, I will be trying couple of things and will post if I was successful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawg View Post
Cradle not locking strong enough ?

yep

dunno why but over time it gets looser

no worries just saying
Reza is offline Find More Posts by Reza
Old 08-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Find More Posts by genelavine
GottaFly
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Dec 2006
341 Posts
*** Update for all customers with our stand ***
As we continue to make improvements on our stand we have found a great little addition that makes the stand even more secure. Some of our customers have noted that over time and with heavy models the T support can move either forward or back under pressure however I believe we have found a very easy solution to this issue and one I have been testing with great success over the past several weeks. I highly recommend that a rubber washer be inserted on each side of the supporting Tee between where the Tee and the main support arms connect. To accomplish this, simply remove the single adjustment knob and bolt from the unit and insert a rubber washer on each side as you replace Tee and bolt. I have found that a Hillman washer with the dimensions of 3/8 X 1 1/4 X 1/16 works the best. These washers are very cheap (only 92 cents per package of 2, you need two packages) and be found at your local Lowes improvement store. http://www.lowes.com/pd_136606-37672-880376_0__?productId=3012350
If you can not find them, please email me your address and I will send you 4 washers to install on your stand. All new stands will come with this improvement installed on each.

Very best regards
Gene Lavine
genelavine is offline Find More Posts by genelavine
Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by Frisk151
Mutha Hucker
College Station & Houston, Texas - Usually
Joined Sep 2008
70 Posts
Oh boy.. I just found my Brother's Christmas present this year.. (And mine too!)
Frisk151 is offline Find More Posts by Frisk151
Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 PM
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
7,630 Posts
I just ordered a Deluxe version.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Find More Posts by teryn
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Jan 2006
274 Posts
it is awesome
teryn is offline Find More Posts by teryn
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by Frisk151
Mutha Hucker
College Station & Houston, Texas - Usually
Joined Sep 2008
70 Posts
Gene,
Are there any customizeable options available? Specifically for the helicopter version and getting a larger/wider "pad" for scale helicopters and others with wider skids.
Thanks,
David
Frisk151 is offline Find More Posts by Frisk151
Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Find More Posts by TimBle
Joined Dec 2010
4,971 Posts
you ship to South Africa?
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old 12-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Find More Posts by ULTIMATE1
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Sep 2006
1,980 Posts
REZA in response to your original post. These stands look strikingly familiar to the stand I bought back in 2008 and posted here on F/G https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=32592
Unless this is the same guy? I would say this is where the design came from it was originally made for Kayaks! I Have the smaller one then ordered the large stand shown with the kayak but apparently his house was struck by lightning and never heard back, It's great to see someone is now offering these style stands again, Way to go Gene and Lois. I love mine! Will be ordering one of yours in the new year!
This is a Universal Cradle System, a product I developed over 10 years ago. It is designed for transporting, storing, or using as a workbench aid. Made of 3/4" Balctic Birch aircraft grade plywood and an extensive 3/8-16 hardware package with 4-wing thermo-plastic knobs, wing nuts and assembly directions makes this a product like no other. I've made several of these over the years and sold them at swap-meets and fun-flys and received great feedback with encouragement to sell them on the internet. Each cradle is hand cut, sanded, and assembled, disassembled for shipping only requiring minor assembly when received. This cradle system can manage .40-50cc sized aircraft with a max weight capacity not to exceed 30 lbs.
Jeff.
ULTIMATE1 is offline Find More Posts by ULTIMATE1
Last edited by ULTIMATE1; 12-14-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:15 AM
GottaFly
Joined Dec 2006
341 Posts
David, Yes we can customize the Helicopter pad to any size you would like. All you need to do is give me the pad dimensions and I can make it. The airplane stand itself is very hard to customize as I build each one in a jig and it would take a complete re-tool to do it so probably not possible at this time.

Tim, Yes we can ship to South Africa and have done so in the past. Simply contact Lois at lois@rcairplanestands.com and she can get you a shipping cost.

Jeff, the stands shown in your pictures are not mine. I have seen several variations of our stand but these are not ours.
I have no idea how large the ones in the picture are but I think ours are a lot bigger. Ours will hold well over 30 pounds and are made out of different material including stainless hardware, different wood including either Oak, Cherry or Walnut ply. They also come with round overs on the edges to reduce splinters, are all stained and sealed and have a more flexible and secure cradle system. Not beating up the stands shown in the pictures as they look well built also, just different than ours. For more pictures and contact info you can find us online at www.rcairplanestands.com

Very best regards to you all and Merry Christmas to all our friends at Flying Giants!
Gene Lavine
Old 12-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Find More Posts by ULTIMATE1
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Sep 2006
1,980 Posts
Gene the red writing is from Jeff's old add on RCU about the small stand,the big one with the kayak is more the size of yours!
I posted a thread with your stands on RC Canada!
http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=190407
ULTIMATE1 is offline Find More Posts by ULTIMATE1
Old 12-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by TimBle
Joined Dec 2010
4,971 Posts
Thanks Gene,
Lois has mail.
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old 12-15-2012, 08:36 AM
GottaFly
Joined Dec 2006
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATE1 View Post
Gene the red writing is from Jeff's old add on RCU about the small stand,the big one with the kayak is more the size of yours!
I posted a thread with your stands on RC Canada!
http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=190407
Thanks for both the explanation and the post on RC Canada. We have shipped several to our friends in the north and I appreciate you helping get the word out.
I know several of our customers use theirs for RC boats, Reza being one of them however I have never seen one used for a boat as large as a Kayak, good idea though.

We wish you all a very Merry Christmas
Gene Lavine
Old 12-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Find More Posts by frank99
United States, AR, Sheridan
Joined Oct 2009
4,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by genelavine View Post
Thanks for both the explanation and the post on RC Canada. We have shipped several to our friends in the north and I appreciate you helping get the word out.
I know several of our customers use theirs for RC boats, Reza being one of them however I have never seen one used for a boat as large as a Kayak, good idea though.

We wish you all a very Merry Christmas
Gene Lavine
Merry Christmas to you too. will you be at nall 2013 thanks frank ?
frank99 is offline Find More Posts by frank99
Old 12-15-2012, 09:44 AM
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
7,630 Posts
Mine will be here Tuesday! I think it will be a big help for setting up the 4 aileron servos on my 104 AJSlick. This way the plane can be inverted, fully assembled.

Quick Reply