Find More Posts by Fly RC II
Love RC!
United States, OH, Strongsville
Joined Jan 2006
140 Posts
Help!
Bantam (BC8DP) Charger - Lithium-ion batteries

Hello all,

I have a Bantam Charger - BC8DP, and I have used this well on LiPo 4s batteries. Balancing and charging. I want to use the Bantam to charge my Fromeco Relion Lithium-ion battery packs, 2s 2600 ignition and 2-4s 5200 flight packs. The flight packs are connected to a badger dual-switched and the ignition to a single Wolverine which both have charging ports built right on them.

What kind of charging configuration can I create to charge all three packs on the same charge? I was using a Duralite charger with another manufactures batteries, but recently learned I could not use that same (or recommended I not use) charger on the Fromeco batteries. Could it be physically impossible due to the type of batteries and/or charger?

It would be a shame I could not use the charger with this battery configuration. This charger was very expensive and came highly recommended. I wrote the manufacture (Bantam) the same question but have not heard anything as of late.

I hope someone has done this or has ideas. I don't want to spend more money for another charger if I don't have to.

David
Fly RC II is offline Find More Posts by Fly RC II
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Find More Posts by js/rc
United States, OH, Conneaut
Joined Sep 2008
988 Posts
Hello !! Just subscribing as I think I have the same batteries as you. Mine do not have ballancing plugs on them & I still use the Fromeco cube charger through badger switches. I looked up your charger & it shows charging Li-Ions but maybe it's the newer ones with ballancing plugs. Not any help but I want to see what the guys say also !!
Thanks, John

BANBC8DP BANTAM E-STATION BC8DP AC/DC LIPO CHARGER
  • AC/DC Power 11V to 18V Input 10 Amp Max Charge Rate Up to 8S Lithium (Li-Po, Li-Ion, Li-Fe (A123)
  • 180 Watts Charge Power on DC Power 120 Watts on AC Power 5 Amp Max Discharge Rate per Channel Up to 22 cells Nicad / Nimh
  • 25 Watts Discharge Power on AC or DC Balancer Bleed rate: 200 mah per cell Up to 28V Pb (SLA/Lead Acid)
  • Battery capacity up to 65,000 Mah Nicad / Nimh Cycle count: up to 10 Cycles Nicad / Nimh Trickle Charge up to 300 mah
  • 10 Battery Memories Delta Peak Sensativity 5mV to 20mV Nicad / Nimh Formation charging - Timed
  • Weight: 1400 grams Size: 170 x 170 x 75 mm Warranty: 1 Year

Features
  • Lithium battery charging
  • The Bantam e-Station BC8DP supports the 3 lithium battery types used in RC applications. Lithium Polyer, Lithium Ion, and Lithium Iron Nanophosphate (A123 Systems).
js/rc is offline Find More Posts by js/rc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply