logo
Old 09-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Find More Posts by phantoml phixer
middlesrx, nj
Joined Dec 2006
128 Posts
since I brought up the carbon fiber spinner, I thought I'd share how I cut it for a 3 blade prop. Can't take credit for this, saw it on rc-network.de.

since the prop has to fit the screw layout, you bend an out line of the prop with a paperclip centering it on the bolt pattern. at one end you make a full 90 degree bend for the start position, transfer your out line and move to the next position. This is so accurate that I seriously doubt that the spinner has any balance issues
phantoml phixer is offline Find More Posts by phantoml phixer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-05-2019, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by ROFF
United States, TX, Heath
Joined Oct 2015
170 Posts
How’s the build coming along?

Really tempted to get one of these. There’s a shipment on it’s way and I’ve been a very good boy this year
ROFF is offline Find More Posts by ROFF
Old 11-06-2019, 05:59 AM
Find More Posts by phantoml phixer
middlesrx, nj
Joined Dec 2006
128 Posts
Roff.... finished the build.... no particular surprises. Waited until after pattern season to fly. I made the preflight at primary field with radio check, vibration, loose fasteners, and motor check. All went well and following week went to ultralight airport to maiden.

Take off was predictable and after trimming it to fly level, again very predictable. Coming from pattern, plane flew a little heavy compared to my 11 pound plane, but in a good way. Wind was light but you wouldn’t know there was any.

First landing glitters weren’t that bad, DA 120 ran flawlessly which is always the main concern, how the motor will idle after the first flight, and landed a little fast but not much different than my pattern planes. I believe in the future when I can idle the motor a little bit lower, this will improve.

Roll rate was quick, and I thought setting at 12 degrees would be a good start. Elevator wasn’t that sensitive, and rudder has lots of authority. Next year, fine tune these including expo and have no doubt it’s going to be fun to fly for IMAC.

Overall weight, haven’t a clue.... I did balance right on centerline of wing tube.... again, future flight might require a slight change but I need a whole day and good weather to go through the trimming cycle to be sure. I wasn’t too concerned with weight, as I don’t have a smoke system in it, and even with that weight these planes fly fine.
phantoml phixer is offline Find More Posts by phantoml phixer
Old 11-08-2019, 11:19 PM
Find More Posts by ROFF
United States, TX, Heath
Joined Oct 2015
170 Posts
Thanks for the report. I’m with you on the weight. My 31% comes in at just under 25# with fuel and smoke but flies fine and slows way down for landing. My transport situation has changed (got a truck) so a larger plane will work for me now so these are very tempting.
ROFF is offline Find More Posts by ROFF

Quick Reply