Find More Posts by Superrmario
Man Up!!
The beach, in NJ
Joined Feb 2009
784 Posts
Discussion
Whats going on with Ohio Models?

Hey all..

I am not necessarily one to air out a company or cause an issue, but I am a bit irritated over a slight issue....

I recently crashed my 50cc OMP Yak55 that I purchased at Joe Nall. John Drake gave me a kick ass deal on the airframe and I couldnt pass it up. He was a stand up guy, very professional and his wife I believe was just as courtious and helpfull.

Fast forward to last weekend....

Had a deadstick coming out of a Flatspin and filtered the plane through some trees. Needs a Canopy, Cowl, and a set of wings.

I call up OMP on Sunday evening. Obviously I was not expecting to reach anyone, so i left a Voice message with my name, phone number, parts needed, and my phone number again. By Tuesday, I never received a call back. I called again within their operating hours and get the answering service. No worries, just left another VM to rimind them that I left a VM on Sunday, figuring they were busy, I let it go. Wednesday I didnt receive a call back, I called again with the same answering service. I called back again Wednesday afternoon and receive answering service again, and left a VM.

Today I called earlier (but within their hours) and received the answering service. By this time I am pissed to some extend as I am trying to get my airplane back in the air. I know that EG has a bit of an issue getting parts to their customers and suppliers, but atleast give me a call back to tell me. I would have possibly purchased the whole ARF again just to have spare parts.

With that said, I called about 45 minutes ago and receive the same answering service one more time. This time the Voicemail is full...

If there is an emergency all well and good, I would be one to completly understand, but with the same token atleast have your answering service updated to reflect you family emergency.

Anyone know what happened?
Superrmario is offline Find More Posts by Superrmario
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Find More Posts by Outlaw Pops
United States, FL, Palm Bay
Joined Mar 2008
1,331 Posts
* Have you thought about he may be on vacation
Outlaw Pops is offline Find More Posts by Outlaw Pops
Old 10-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,753 Posts
If I had to guess they are a small shop and had to close for a fly in, inventory etc.... 3DHS closed for 6 weeks to move this summer and then reopened with limited inventory. So it can get worse, better have a plan "B".

I would send and an e-mail and give them a day or two.
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Old 10-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Find More Posts by mxcop
Team Extreme/Team Horizon
Tuckerton, N.J.
Joined Mar 2006
1,557 Posts
Then they should leave a voicemail message saying they are closed for a certain amount of time. sorry to hear about your crash Mario. have you checked the website? I have a number for Extreme Flight if you decide you want to replace the whole airframe.

Lee
mxcop is offline Find More Posts by mxcop
Old 10-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by Ernie34
You dont say that...
United States, PA, Monessen
Joined Aug 2009
825 Posts
I have had great dealings with John at OMP, I would give him another call.

Ernie
Ernie34 is offline Find More Posts by Ernie34
Old 10-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Find More Posts by mxcop
Team Extreme/Team Horizon
Tuckerton, N.J.
Joined Mar 2006
1,557 Posts
Mario go to the website and try every number and email, I'm sure you'll get ahlod of someone....

Lee
mxcop is offline Find More Posts by mxcop
Old 10-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Find More Posts by BOSSIER_ROB
Still Draggin' 'Em
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Mar 2007
6,809 Posts
There's also some OMP team guys floating around here. One of them may be able to let you know why you're not getting a return call. Like POPS said, they might be on vacation or attending a fly in and just didn't change their VM greeting. It happens. I'm sure they'll take care of you.
BOSSIER_ROB is offline Find More Posts by BOSSIER_ROB
Old 10-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Find More Posts by Salmon
Dayton OH
Joined Jun 2006
668 Posts
John and Pat are in fact on vacation this week. Left Saturday and should be back tonight in fact. Those that have contacted me with questions have gotten responses. John should be back in the shop Friday.
Salmon is offline Find More Posts by Salmon
Old 10-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Our society is collapsing
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2006
8,711 Posts
I think the thing that most people don't realize that most RC companies are very small operations...
2, 3...maybe 4 people.. and the ones with 4 are the big guys...
R/c Really is a niche and any company that is involved in it does it because the love it.....

trust me, I know.. when I order something from anywhere.. I want to know what is going on...
but I think it is important to understand that most R/C companies are mom and pop companies doing the best they can
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Old 10-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Find More Posts by Ernie34
You dont say that...
United States, PA, Monessen
Joined Aug 2009
825 Posts
Ernie34 is offline Find More Posts by Ernie34
Old 10-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Find More Posts by Superrmario
Man Up!!
The beach, in NJ
Joined Feb 2009
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Pops View Post
* Have you thought about he may be on vacation
Hey pops.. I took that fully into consideration and absolutly understand if they are. But I cannot find anything on the site, or VM service that states so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcop View Post
Then they should leave a voicemail message saying they are closed for a certain amount of time. sorry to hear about your crash Mario. have you checked the website? I have a number for Extreme Flight if you decide you want to replace the whole airframe.

Lee
Hey Lee.. Long time no talk. Yes, I did check the website, unfortunatly I could not find anything that states Vacation. Yea, I was pretty pissed at the crash, but such is life. It was the first Flame out I had on that motor, and happened at the wrong time 20 feet off the trees. No airspeed what so ever. I may give EF a call regarding a Yak if parts are more expensive then what the plane would be worth to fix / avalibility of parts.

BTW NICE BASS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie34 View Post
I have had great dealings with John at OMP, I would give him another call.

Ernie
I have too! when I was chatting with him at Joe Nall, he was a Super Nice guy as well as all of his employee's and Wife. They were top Notch, and gave me a great deal as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcop View Post
Mario go to the website and try every number and email, I'm sure you'll get ahlod of someone....

Lee
I will shoot Mike P an email tomorrow. I see that he posted that they are in fact on Vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
John and Pat are in fact on vacation this week. Left Saturday and should be back tonight in fact. Those that have contacted me with questions have gotten responses. John should be back in the shop Friday.
Thanks a Million for the follow up, I appreciate it very much. I will shoot you guys an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter_acres View Post
I think the thing that most people don't realize that most RC companies are very small operations...
2, 3...maybe 4 people.. and the ones with 4 are the big guys...
R/c Really is a niche and any company that is involved in it does it because the love it.....

trust me, I know.. when I order something from anywhere.. I want to know what is going on...
but I think it is important to understand that most R/C companies are mom and pop companies doing the best they can
Exeter I completley understand where you are coming from, but a simple "We are on vacation from XXXXX to XXXXX and will return on XXXXX to fullfill questions and orders" would have set the record straight for me.

No worries though.

Thanks for all the replies guys!
Superrmario is offline Find More Posts by Superrmario
Last edited by Superrmario; 10-27-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by bpetty620
B-rad
United States, PA, Chalfont
Joined Aug 2006
703 Posts
Superrmario, please understand the reason John doesnt post vaccion time is in fact due to being a small shop. When no one will be at the shop John doesnt let this be known so he doesnt have the worry that some one will come by and break in.
bpetty620 is offline Find More Posts by bpetty620
Old 10-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Find More Posts by CEThomas
My life needs editing.
United States, OH, Amanda
Joined Apr 2008
2,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetty620 View Post
Superrmario, please understand the reason John doesnt post vaccion time is in fact due to being a small shop. When no one will be at the shop John doesnt let this be known so he doesnt have the worry that some one will come by and break in.

Nothing like posting to the world that no one is home.
CEThomas is offline Find More Posts by CEThomas
Old 10-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Find More Posts by Salmon
Dayton OH
Joined Jun 2006
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEThomas View Post
Nothing like posting to the world that no one is home.
Hey let's all go over to John's and have a huge party!

Actually your post is OBE'd as I said above John got home last night. Should be in the shop today catching up. But we can still go over and have a huge party!
Salmon is offline Find More Posts by Salmon
Old 10-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Oct 2011
1,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
Hey let's all go over to John's and have a huge party!

Actually your post is OBE'd as I said above John got home last night. Should be in the shop today catching up. But we can still go over and have a huge party!
I was trying to contact OMP early last week as I had a couple of questions before I made a decision to place an order a new 100cc Yak SP-55M. Found out that John was out on vacation......no big deal so I just emailed my questions to John. Really didn't expect a reply until the week of the 31st. We all need a break on occasion.

Dang if John didn't call me Thursday evening around 7:00 PM (central time) to answer the questions I had sent via email. We spoke for about 20 minutes, you'd have thought I was the only message he had to deal with.......probably had hundred messages and emails to deal with. Looks like he started playing catch-up on Thursday evening and he had just returned from his vacation earlier that afternoon.

I placed my order with John and it shipped yesterday. I'm really excited about getting this new airframe and I think OMP will be a great company to do business with. At this point I think/feel that OMP will go out of their way to try and provide great customer service and support.
Capt. Roll is offline Find More Posts by Capt. Roll

Quick Reply