logo
Old 05-25-2019, 12:36 AM
Find More Posts by Schmedlab
Joined Jan 2009
2 Posts
Discussion
Pilot-RC Instruction Manuals

I just purchased a new Pilot-RC 31% Extra 330SC from Chief Aircraft at Joe Noll. It is a Version 2 and is very different in some respects from the original version. For example, the rudder servo is now located in the rear left side of the fuselage and it moves the rudder by a short pushrod. I don't have a problem with this design change but when I first opened the box, I expected to see preinstalled pull/pull wires and a servo mount at mid-fuselage. It took some head scratching to figure out that I have a new version of the airplane and there is absolutely no info on the version 2 anywhere on the web. There are several other changes from the original and I don't have a problem with any of them. Before I voice my complaint, I will say that the airplane "out of the box" is by far the nicest AFR that I have owned......it is absolutely flawless in appearance and construction quality.

Now for my complaints. The ARF does not come with any instructions in the box and I was aware of that. I also knew that the instructions are on the web but there are no "specific instructions" for a 31% Extra 330SC with a 92 inch wingspan. It is beyond my comprehension that a company which produces such a fine product, apparently doesn't think that it is important to provide product specific instructions. My final complaint.....how hard would it have been to include a single sheet of paper in the box that pointed out the changes in the design?

Sorry for the rant but I am a perfectionist and this kind of thing really gets my goat. I am a capable builder and I've figured out the ambiguities but I'm considering a short "build thread" to help others.
Schmedlab is offline Find More Posts by Schmedlab
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-25-2019, 12:51 AM
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Skip Model Designs Intl.
Australia, VIC
Joined Mar 2008
4,062 Posts
Yes unfortunately the Manuals are a bit non specific ,Outdated and Vague, But if you have built a few ARF's they are pretty straight forward, But agree would be nice to have a better designed and more specific manual.

For some guidance etc be best to find a Build log / Thread and follow that, Or make your own and pop your questions in there. (Will help other im sure)

In the end you will have a great looking and Flying Model.
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Old 09-30-2019, 07:02 AM
Find More Posts by Helo1
Joined May 2009
481 Posts
I don’t see why you need a manual. Manual to install control horns..na .. to install servos .. na...location are fixed and obvious..instruction to install engine..firewall is already marked for drilling..all the parts have only one way to go except horns..so I don’t see any use for a manual. What is online give you more than enough info to build it.

My only complain with Pilot Rc is that their CG is always to far back. It need to be moved up-to mid tube. Start with forward of what they propose and all will be fine.
Helo1 is offline Find More Posts by Helo1
Last edited by Helo1; 09-30-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Quick Reply