logo
Old 07-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Find More Posts by All Thumbs
AKA.. John Murdoch
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Jan 2006
448 Posts
SHOOTOUT ACCOMODATIONS

I was thinking about renting a travel trailer and staying on-site while at the Shootout and decided to do a little calling around.

Who would be interested in renting a travel trailer 27'-30', delivered and setup at the field from Monday, October 1 - Monday, October 8?

Since there are no utilities, water or hook ups at the field so you'd have to skimp on the water usage etc.

What I've found is there are two sizes of travel trailers available those dates, which sleeps four. One 30' and five 27'. The cost would include everything from delivery and pick up, to go pack (pots, pans, sheets, untinsels etc.) TV, cleaning fees and waste disposal fees. An additional charge of $2.50 per hour of generator useage would be assessed above the 2 "free" hours per day.

I've got a guestimate of about $750 for the week.

So far I've got a 10% discount for the "group" wanting to do this. I'd like to dicker a little more and see if there's anything else that could be done to bring the overall price down a little more if we rent the majority of their rentals.

I just wanted to see what kind of interest there'd be before I started negotiating for a better price.

Any interest?
All Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by All Thumbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts
Re: SHOOTOUT ACCOMODATIONS

Nobody interested??????

It would be awesome.....circle up the sleepers and do massive cookouts while keeping the planes safe and together! Split that $700 cost between 3 or 4 folks and its cheap!
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 07-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Find More Posts by Anna Wood
The Scorekeeper
Arizona
Joined Jan 2006
177 Posts

John,

I would be interested in renting a unit. I need to rent a scoring trailer and if I could get a discount and have it delivered and picked up from the field that would be primo for me. It is a big task to get the trailer and get it down to Tucson and back up to Mesa.

Give me a shout at anna@acrodesigns.com and let me know what you have cooking.

Anna
Anna Wood is offline Find More Posts by Anna Wood
Old 07-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Find More Posts by Andy540T
Camarillo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
534 Posts

John,

There is water at the field. It isn't potable, but you could use it to refill your tank for showers and cleaning. You will still need to be a water miser, but if you use the bathrooms at the field for the toilet and the field sink for brushing teeth and dishes, you should be fine.
Last year, my sewer tanks were my limiting factor, not the water holding tank. Also, the generator will be running quite a bit, so plan that in your cost. I think I ran mine from sundown until I think 10:00 PM (they had quiet hours) I also ran it for a couple of hours in the AM for coffee and microwave use.

This is a great idea as you have seen how much fun is missed after the flying is over.
Andy540T is offline Find More Posts by Andy540T
Old 07-31-2007, 05:30 PM
Find More Posts by MommaD
California
Joined Jan 2006
258 Posts

Bump
MommaD is offline Find More Posts by MommaD

Quick Reply