logo
Old 02-11-2020, 08:51 AM
Find More Posts by Justwantafly
Joined Jan 2018
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super rookie View Post
My bad, I mistook this thread for mostly people who were seeking ways to work on the problem.
At least it began that way,
but apparently there are some who just wanna bitch and moan. Its sad.....moving on
I think you need to look at all the discussions on the different forms and titles...... I do think we have a reason to bitch and moan .....from the beginning when we as a group of law abiding modelers were hit with the requirement to register our models no matter how small with the FAA.... I complied because I go to R/C events an assumed that I would be checked and not allowed to fly if my numbers were not in order......nobody has ever checked.......I have done everything the AMA has asked me to do ........every time there is a petition to sign or a letter to write I have done so......and I and everyone else that flys R/C as a hobby are quickly being labeled as a nuisance to the government........ Democrat or Republican it doesn’t matter some think they can run our lives better than you can and want to control every aspect of your life......the AMA has lost the ball in this game .....I for one think the AMA is running in circles they have lost their compass and have been shut out ........we as a group need a Lawyer with the knowledge to take the FAA head on ......... the FAA has made their minds up behind closed doors and are slowly implementing the plan .
Justwantafly is offline Find More Posts by Justwantafly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-11-2020, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by Jim T.
VIBE!
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Jan 2006
2,075 Posts
Adding this to the main post...
I am model aviation (3 min 6 sec)
Jim T. is offline Find More Posts by Jim T.
Administrator
Old 02-11-2020, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by erjpilot
Quakertown, PA USA
Joined Jan 2006
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
Adding this to the main post...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehJ9gWl50jg
Another outstanding video! Thank you Chris Hinson and everyone at Extreme Flight!
Travis
erjpilot is offline Find More Posts by erjpilot
Old 02-11-2020, 10:40 AM
Find More Posts by crosswind
Never hover on an empty tank
United States, CA, Galt
Joined Nov 2009
611 Posts
Outstanding.....
Too Bad we can't get that vid broadcasted on Tucker or Hannity.
Or maybe we can....
crosswind is offline Find More Posts by crosswind
Old 02-11-2020, 11:38 AM
Find More Posts by jack01
Memphis, TN
Joined Jan 2006
1,557 Posts
Jim,

Don’t you have some celebrity connections with the music business? Any chance on getting a favor from a friend for some publicity? If I remember right, there was an article on here years ago about some who flew RC.

Here’s one on RCG about Tyler Perry.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-gigantic-A380

Geeking Out: Tyler Perry Talks Drones (1 min 8 sec)
jack01 is offline Find More Posts by jack01
Last edited by jack01; 02-11-2020 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:20 PM
Find More Posts by Jim T.
VIBE!
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Jan 2006
2,075 Posts
I have a meeting scheduled this week with some folks. I will bring this up since all 3 of us may know someone like Tyler. I have no personal connection with Mr. Perry.
Jim T. is offline Find More Posts by Jim T.
Administrator
Old 02-11-2020, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by aviti
St Louis, MO
Joined Jan 2006
1,468 Posts
Surely someone knows someone who knows how to contact Tyler Perry. We really need to get creative with this. What about trying to get this on the national news. Can someone like Burt Rutan help? The EAA can get people like that involved.

What about organizing a group visit to DC or Oklahoma City? I have not been extremely active in RC over the last several years but I still have a passion for it and it should continue. I’ll take the time to contact people or go somewhere. I made my comments on the FAA site but we need more comments and need to do more.
aviti is offline Find More Posts by aviti
Old 02-11-2020, 06:49 PM
Find More Posts by deadrobmusic
They Call Him Dead
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jun 2007
1,039 Posts
Gentlemen,
Please comment in the FAA comment Section.

Please also email your congress person and your Senator.

Go to: https://www.house.gov and put your zip code in at the top right to find congressman.

Go to: https://www.senate.gov to find your Sentors

Email them and tell them why this matters. Post a link to Chris' video and ail that too. Once you write the first email, you can simply copy and paste.

Here is the link for the video:

deadrobmusic is offline Find More Posts by deadrobmusic
Old 02-12-2020, 12:02 AM
Find More Posts by jack01
Memphis, TN
Joined Jan 2006
1,557 Posts
Posted on RCG as well:

I’m the president of a 125 member club in Memphis. This is what I sent to my members tonight, with two very short club business items removed.

Good evening Propbusters,

Spring will be here before we know it! I hope you all have had a chance to get some building done this winter in preparation for the good weather we can look forward to in a few more weeks. I’ve got three things to discuss, with the most important thing being the last: Dues reminder, February meeting date, and the proposed FAA regulations. Please read through to the end. This email is a little longer than normal but it’s worth it.

Finally, and most importantly, I need to bring everyone up to date on the proposed FAA regulations. I have delayed this update due to the fact that every time I get something typed up a new development occurs. Last night and over the weekend however two videos were published online that do an excellent job of explaining everything far better than an email can. They are concise, factually correct, and should explain things clearly. One video was made by Horizon Hobbies, and the other by Extreme Flight, two of the biggest “movers and shakers” our hobby has. Links are below.

Before you watch the videos though, keep this in mind: We will beat this and our hobby will be the same one we have come to love but we MUST make our voices heard for that to happen. That time is now and closes for the FAA on March 2nd. Soon we can make our voices heard to our congressional leaders as well. There is a link below to the comment section on the FAA’s website and I urge each and every one of you to make a comment that is in your own words and not the AMA’s form letter. Personalized comments are more valuable than copy/paste letters. Offer to write one on behalf of your wife, brother, and neighbor too. The more noise we make the more publicity our cause will have but make sure you are concise, respectful, and stick only to the facts. I’ll be submitting my comments tomorrow and I’ll email them to all of you as well.

It bears repeating that we can and will see our club and hobby thrive, but it will take just a few minutes of your time to make your concerns known to the FAA to help the process unfold favorably. We thankfully have the Experimental Aircraft Association FIRMLY on our side and they have a long history of being successful with the FAA when it comes rulemaking. There is also a Model Aviation Political Action Committee that has been established for the purpose of applying political pressure in support of our hobby. Being a 501(C)3 the AMA is legally prohibited from lobbying and most political activity.

A combination of the AMA’s efforts, our own comments, and supportive friends like the EAA will see us through and allow our hobby to not just survive but prosper. None of us can afford to sit on the sidelines though. Please submit your comments to the FAA and show our supporters that their efforts are worthwhile and appreciated.

Please reach out with any questions,

Jack

Links Below:

Political Action Committee:

https://modelaviationpac.com/

Horizon Hobbies Video:

Horizon Hobby get's it. (9 min 45 sec)

Extreme Flight RC Video:

FPV/drone hobbyist, but well-done and concise, especially for a high school student:

Our Hobby... Our Future | #FightForFPV (4 min 36 sec)

Experimental Aircraft Association:

https://eaa.org/eaa/news-and-publica...MbzG4_lUw.link

Another from the EAA:

https://eaa.org/eaa/news-and-publica...MbWHilRUc.link

FAA Proposed Rulemaking Comments:

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...rcraft-systems
jack01 is offline Find More Posts by jack01
Old 02-12-2020, 12:09 AM
Find More Posts by ww2collector
AMA 72859...I miss you, Dad!
United States, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jan 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb75 View Post
I believe the fine print says duplicate responses are not counted. So not sure cutting and pasting AMAs recommended words is going to change the response count.

If an individual sends a new reply it is counted regardless of whether he cut and pasted the comments.

Over 1200 new comments were posted from 2/7 to 2/11! Many are cut and paste replies!
ww2collector is offline Find More Posts by ww2collector
Old 02-12-2020, 10:33 AM
Find More Posts by mrc100
rochester, ny
Joined Aug 2006
282 Posts
This was my comment on the proposed rule:

Although I understand and respect the FAA's need to protect airspace the rule as written will destroy traditional model aviation which has a rich tradition and an excellent safety record that spans almost 70 years.

The traditional radio control model's purpose is to be seen while flying in a relatively close space. In contrast, the newer multirotor devices are generally camera ships equipped with GPS and high def cameras designed to fly outside of the line of sight and take photos or video. Their purposes could not be more different. The traditional modelers fly to watch their models whereas the newer camera ships fly out of sight using FPV and GPS to take photos/video.

The cost and technological complexity required to adapt traditional models to the proposed rule would destroy a constructive and educational based hobby with a rich and safe history in the USA. Just look to the aerospace industry as a whole and you will certainly find that many of those individuals had some exposure to traditional model aviation before launching into an aerospace career. A future without model aviation will have a broader impact on the ability of the USA to remain a leader in aerospace.

Because of the proven safety record of the traditional radio control modeler and the distinction that these models are flown within line of sight, I urge the FAA to exempt the traditional radio control model from the rule. The traditional models are defined as those that do not have GPS or cameras and therefore must be flown close to the controlling person.

PLEASE consider the exemption of traditional non-GPS and non-camera equipped models from the proposed rule.
mrc100 is offline Find More Posts by mrc100
Old 02-13-2020, 11:18 AM
Find More Posts by jharkin
2 wings are better than 1
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Jul 2007
2,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Never dealt personally with the FAA huh????

Do not cast stones against those of us who have actual experience with this Federal Government agency that has increasingly encapsulated itself with the swamp, and if you haven't learned anything, or you are a diehard Democrat, you will never understand the motives behind these proposed actions.

You could move to Virginia and let the State confiscate your guns, which would all be justified by complying with the public good.....

Do not confuse this altercation as a discussion, it's a war.

Since the moderators dont seem to care I will ask you directly:

#1 - Who on this thread has self identified as a Democrat?

#2 - What does being a Democrat even have to do with any of this?

#3 - Nobody is confiscating guns in Virgina. Take your conspiracy theories somewhere else.

#4 Why do Republicans have to make every single thread on this website a political platform for right wing rants?
jharkin is offline Find More Posts by jharkin
Old 02-13-2020, 11:21 AM
Find More Posts by jharkin
2 wings are better than 1
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Jul 2007
2,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwantafly View Post
Get on your Unicorn and ride your Rainbow to Fairytale Land.......it’s a vote it’s the numbers that count.......they don’t care about our toy airplanes and your personal opinion......it’s the numbers that matter.......and we are few in the scheme of things......so we that will continue to fly will be OUTLAWS !

If I was in fairytale land I would just be ignoring this like the 190,000 AMA members who have not bothered to comment.

I expect better from people who claim to represent us such as Jim... precisely because I CARE about this hobby. I care so much that I submitted my comments 6 WEEKS AGO, have been engaged in these threads, have been going to my club meetings, have spoken out on every FB hobby goup i am on, have spoken with my district VP and our regional IMAC reps.

If you could stop slinging insults for a moment and add something constructive that would be awesome. thanks.
jharkin is offline Find More Posts by jharkin
Old 02-13-2020, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by erjpilot
Quakertown, PA USA
Joined Jan 2006
883 Posts
EAA guidelines for comment on remote ID NPRM.

https://eaa.org/eaa/news-and-publica...IyVEcifQ%3D%3D
erjpilot is offline Find More Posts by erjpilot
Old 02-13-2020, 09:43 PM
Find More Posts by Justwantafly
Joined Jan 2018
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharkin View Post
If I was in fairytale land I would just be ignoring this like the 190,000 AMA members who have not bothered to comment.

I expect better from people who claim to represent us such as Jim... precisely because I CARE about this hobby. I care so much that I submitted my comments 6 WEEKS AGO, have been engaged in these threads, have been going to my club meetings, have spoken out on every FB hobby goup i am on, have spoken with my district VP and our regional IMAC reps.

If you could stop slinging insults for a moment and add something constructive that would be awesome. thanks.
Read Post #46 ......you are assuming that I don’t care .....far from the facts.
Justwantafly is offline Find More Posts by Justwantafly

Quick Reply