logo
Old 01-05-2011, 04:01 AM
Find More Posts by bogan
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2006
306 Posts
Contest
2011 NZ Rumble - Feb 17 to 20

ok ok ok wormz and simmo, yeah yeah time to get a thread going for this years 2011 NZ RUMBLE !!

So the big news is ... venue change

The 2011 Rumble will be in the Hawkes Bay, at the Awatoto field. Home of the Hawkes Bay Radio Flyers.

Its on from 17 to 20 Feb ... so now that Marshy and I are "sort of" both back from our Christmas and New Years Holidays, we can start getting things organised.

Why the venue change ... well there are a number of reasons why we have moved the event to a new venue, we hope to make the comp even better than before. Once you have flown at Awatoto, you will soon see why. The HBRF Awatoto field is awesome. Its a bowling green as far as the eye can see. Its right by the ocean, and close by, there are some pretty good vineyards ... so if your Mrs is coming down too, we can stick em all together in a mini bus and wave good bye ... well at least till they come back at 6 o'clock. Not being on an active airfield, the full size activity near this site is minimal ... no more parachutes to avoid every 30 minutes, no piper cubs on a lazy sunday cruising through the box ... you can fly as deep and as far down either end of the box as you like. No random funerals to contend with, and don't even get me started on sawn off little blokes who's mission in life is to be the fun police. Blah.

Plus we really want to move the Rumble to Waitangi Weekend, which was just not possible at the previous venue due to other events on. All things going to plan, that will now happend in 2012. If you think about it, Waitangi Weekend is the only National Stat Holiday in NZ when the weather is garanteed to be nice.

Righto ... nuff said ... onto the details ... this year we will be having online entry. Thats right, no more faxing, scanning, typing out your entry in an email ... you will just click the class you want to fly in, type in your frequency, answer a few other questions, and hit submit ! Too easy. We will get onto this soon, and send out a link so everyone can enter.

The event will be limited to 50 contestants. We have decided this is a good number to work with. We'd like to have more, but it just means less flying for everybody. Yes, Basic will be included, but we are trying to avoid newbies, especially in Basic. The Rumble is our premier event, and we welcome you to fly IMAC at many of our regional events that happen throughout the year. At the Rumble we just don't have the manpower or the time to help with newbies in Basic. So how will we limit the entry number to 50 should we get 60 entrys ? well if you flew some IMAC last year, you will have scored some series points, so we have a bit of ranking to help us. We can be bribed, but we are talking quite a lot of beer.

So we already have some international guys coming from the USA and Australia. So far John Heigl from Arizona, Bill Bland "Snoopy" and Aaron Garle "Bones" from Queensland. Hopefully we will get a few more internationals keen ... when I went to the ASAA Nats in QL in November, there where some guys thinking about it. Bones just told me his Airfare return from Brisbane was only about 400 bucks ozzy, so thats a pretty good deal.

Last year we had a huge Marquee, the "meet n greet" on Thursday night, and a huge Roast Dinner at the field on Saturday Nigt... this year will be the same again, and the cost of this will already be included in your entry fee. There was only one tight bloke last year who didn't want the Saturday night Roast Dinner, so this year we are making it easier for us to deal with, part of the entry fee. For hangers on and partners, there will of course be some more tickets available.

The Road Kill Cafe will be in full swing again dealing to food at the field. Plus the plan is to provide Breakfast too this time. We all have to be at the field early, and we all need breakfast, so it'll be sorted.

Camping ... we are going to promote camping at the field BIG TIME. Camping at the field is great, everyone is there ... have a few beers after the flying, eat all the good food, sit around and talk sh*t with your mates, keep all the old blokes up late with your yahooing, then wheel your plane into the Marque before you go to bed ... wake up in the morning and start flying again. Perfect. We are going to have a couple of onsite "Sh*t Shower and Shave" boxes. Yes, thats what they are really called ! So there will be a facilties for the essential camping requirements. Haven't got a tent ? Consider renting a Caravan from a local outfit with a few other guys, and get it delivered to the field. Its easy. We've all done this before at the Nats, its way cheaper than a Motel. But if the great outdoors is really not your thing, then you might be able to find somewhere in Hastings or Napier where you can stay, plus there will be some billets available courtesy of a few local HBRF members. But at the field is where the fun will be !

Righto ... thats all for now ... more news to follow soon ... and yes we will do the Undie Hundie again, but modified slightly. more on that soon.

Time to start counting down, and getting set for another big one. keep this thread rolling, spread the word, plus I'll now be doing an email to the aerobatics list.

Bogan
bogan is offline Find More Posts by bogan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 AM
Find More Posts by Wormz
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
138 Posts
Re: 2011 NZ Rumble - Feb 17 to 20

YEEEE HAAA here we go... Hawkes Bay is a great venue. And the rumble is a fun comp it would be great to see some more International pilots coming over to fly unlimited and experience the undie hundie .....see you there
Wormz is offline Find More Posts by Wormz
Old 01-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Find More Posts by snoopy
why walk when ya can fly
western australia
Joined Apr 2006
991 Posts

this time without the flu
snoopy is offline Find More Posts by snoopy
Old 01-06-2011, 03:35 AM
Find More Posts by ampEater
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jul 2006
486 Posts

Well seems I'm flying advanced this year. Not looking forward to it lol seeing as I got bumped down to second in Int. last year. Its OOOOONNNNN Stevey G!!!
ampEater is offline Find More Posts by ampEater
Old 01-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Find More Posts by Garley
aka Bones
Queensland, Australia
Joined Oct 2007
745 Posts

WOOHOO !! flights are booked and already excited

I would just like to say that anyone from Australia who are still undecided on wether to go or not, I recommend going. It is one of the best competitions that I have been to. Flights are also really cheap as Bogan said, I have booked a return flight to Auckland with Air New Zealand for around $400 AUS and that is a great deal.

Anyway, 42 days until the Rumble

Bones
Garley is offline Find More Posts by Garley
Old 01-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Find More Posts by bogan
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2006
306 Posts

here's a link to the HBRF website, where you can see some pics of the site.

http://www.hbrf.org.nz/joomla/
bogan is offline Find More Posts by bogan
Old 01-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Find More Posts by Wormz
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
138 Posts

Good stuff bones 41 days to go
Old 01-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Find More Posts by snoopy
why walk when ya can fly
western australia
Joined Apr 2006
991 Posts

Hey bogan which way do the washing machines spin in NZ i need to know wether to bring my right hand clothes or my left hand clothes,
snoopy is offline Find More Posts by snoopy
Old 01-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Find More Posts by Garley
aka Bones
Queensland, Australia
Joined Oct 2007
745 Posts

Due to longitude and latitude of New Zealand, the allignment to the sun causes defects to short people's clothes.
Garley is offline Find More Posts by Garley
Last edited by Garley; 01-07-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:52 AM
Find More Posts by Jon Berger
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Aug 2007
27 Posts

39 days and bring it on, Oh better learn to fly again lol.
Jon Berger is offline Find More Posts by Jon Berger
Old 01-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Find More Posts by HundyTed
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
30 Posts

Just back from the Nationals in Clareville and the weather was stunning with only a bit of wind and down the strip if you turned with it. 16 pilots and they are all fizzed up for the rumble. Browny didnt fly in the comp ! 2 circuit practice flights the day before then a UG delam, so no one has seen him fly the pattern still, I was so much disappointed, I even judged F3A to get the best seat in the house. His new elec pattern ship is a piece of Art tho.
Anyway The Rumble is getting exciting again. Looking forward to seeing Bones, Snoopy and john H from USA again and hoping for more ozzies. Counting down
HundyTed is offline Find More Posts by HundyTed
Old 01-09-2011, 05:51 AM
Joined Jul 2006
486 Posts

Practised the Advanced Schedual toady, need a plane with more power. Just doesn't have the grunt for those vertical snaps. . . But maybe it's just my snaps.... probably the latter
Old 01-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Find More Posts by Wormz
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
138 Posts

YOU BIG PUSSY Simo If it can hover it will be o.k
Last edited by Wormz; 01-09-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:41 AM
Joined Jul 2006
486 Posts

Haha your just a big Sh*t stirrer you cripple! haha

Hows that foot?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Find More Posts by Wormz
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
138 Posts

He He ..I had the same problem simo try unloading the elevator in the snap it will make a big difference... I also bolted a 200cc engine in too... The cast is pissing me off big time now and hopefully be off next week.. see you at the rumble

Quick Reply