logo
Old 05-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Find More Posts by vinny
Hockessin, Delaware USA
Joined Sep 2007
25 Posts
Discussion
JR 9503 Programing

Need some helps with programming mix on the newer version of the 9503, I can't believe I am having such a time figuring this out, my 12x is is a piece of cake---anyway--simply I have 2 servos for the elevators and I want to put them on separate channels--split them- 1 on the Elev & the other on Aux 3, this was easy via mix 1 and everything worked fine -but I can't figure out how to get the Elev trim to operate the Aux 3 channel or slave to follow the master trim, I'm telling I tried everything--apparently NOT the correct thing!!!

Why do they make it such a pain in the a--? A little help please--thanks
vinny is offline Find More Posts by vinny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Find More Posts by ram360
Maple hts, OH
Joined Apr 2010
612 Posts
I believe it's under the function list. Put the right elevator into the elevator port and the left into aux 3 on the rx. Then under function you can set aux 3 to be the second elevator Chanel.
ram360 is offline Find More Posts by ram360
Old 05-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by FHHuber
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,007 Posts
Should be like the 9303...

Actuating one mix selection can disable another and that will make the disabled options not show. So the order of what you do matters A LOT.

First clear model.

Name the model (can be done at any time after clearing)
Select Model type. (acro most likely)
Get into device select and inhibit (INH) all
Select wing type. (most likely NORMAL, not Flaperon!)
Back up to "Device Select" and verify "INH"for everything (gear, flap, Aux1, Aux2, Aux3, Aux4) Yes you have to check again.

Now any unused channels can be enabled in Device Select. Those already in use you can't enable or assign to a switch/slider/knob
You can select Flight-Mode/dual rate switch assignment and COM (common) or FM (Flight Mode) trims at this point or come back to it.

NOW go back to the Wing type menu...and you can assign the dual servos.
Leave it as "Wing: Normal" if you do not want to actually use flaperon function.
If using Flaperon mode set it AFTER mating the elevator channels
(note that if you mate Aux1 to another channel then Flaperon wing type will not be available)

Doing it in a different order may not allow you to mate channels as desired.

Now you can enable and assign switches/knobs/sliders for any unassigned channel. (EG Aux 4 => Gear SW)
Any channel already used as a "Mate" will not be available for assignment.
FHHuber is offline Find More Posts by FHHuber
Last edited by FHHuber; 05-28-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Find More Posts by vinny
Hockessin, Delaware USA
Joined Sep 2007
25 Posts
Thanks for the reply but I tried both of those, the slave or aux 3 elev trim will not follow the master elev. I even did it with a new model.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
i thought you had to use channels 5 or higher for the mix to work right. I don't remember what channel i used but i thought it had to be the upper ones.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 05-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
In the 9503, isn't there a D/ELEV mix all ready for activation??? It would be ELEV and AUX 3 channels. If you activate that, the trims will automatically work. 10X and 11X do that, and no problems.

Should have a INC for trim??? Trim ON. Probably something you looked over............

Right from the manual................

Dual Channels (Wing Type)
V-tail (Wing Type)
V-tail (Wing Type) (continued)
A-14 A-15
1. To assign a 2nd channel to Ailerons, Elevator, Rudder or Flaps, highlight and select INH under the desired channel on the Mate line of the Wing TYPE display and a list of available channels is displayed.
Note: Channels/Switches must be inhibited (INH) in the Devic. SEL function before they appear in the list as an option to be used as a Dual channel.

I know that it isn't V-Tail that he is working with. It is Dual Elevator. Same jist.
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Last edited by Bunky F. Knuckle; 05-29-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,007 Posts
V tail will mix rudder to the elevator servos and uses the elevator + rudder channels.

When using the dual servo Mate function the elevator trim will affect both servos.

The key to accessing the dual servo Mate function is making sure the channel you will add is not active somewhere else.
You can mate any "Aux" or the Gear channel with elevator.
Its normal to use (Aux2) or (Aux3) for the second elevator channel.

Once you mate a channel to aileron (typically Aux1) then the computer will not offer that channel for mating to elev.

After you have mated the channels you can then add programmable mixes if desired (mix to ailerons for increased roll authority in hover)
Last edited by FHHuber; 05-29-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by vinny
Hockessin, Delaware USA
Joined Sep 2007
25 Posts
Thanks FH Huber I got it, like to drive me crazy--- but I got it. What I was doing wrong was leaving the mix active that would not allow the servo to move per gimbal input. I say this much I do not like this, you are only limited to one slave servo to follow the master via trim. I mixed a third servo aux 1 to the elev and it works but the trim function for the elev does not allow aux 1 trim to follow. Therefore a 3 or 4 servo function is not possible for a primary flight control? or 4 engine aircraft were you need to trim engine idle?? Basically you can not mix a master and have the slave follow the trim? or am I wrong again? A radio like this should be able to do that. Also JR needs to make a book for dummies like me, they tell what it will do-but not how to do it---- the average rcer should not have to go on line or call Horizon to perform such a simple task. I had 8 veteran rc guys try this-none succeeded-what does that tell you.

I also have 12x that is a piece of cake to use-but not all can afford a 1200 dollar radio, and after my battery failed in my 12x via 6 months of usage and now this I am really starting to loose my warm fuzzy feeling with JR & Spectrum-If JR continues to do dumb sh-t like this I may consider Futaba that I started with 30 years ago the next time around--- if I live that long--

Sorry just venting 2 days of frustration with such an easy task-it don't have to be that hard!!

Thanks again-Vinny
Last edited by vinny; 05-30-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,007 Posts
I haven't tried to get 3+ servos with trim working on the 9303.... but I would bet it can be done.

I'll only find out if I decide to play with it though because I ordered the DX-18.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
You will loose that bet. Or I'd learn something new about a radio I had and messed with extensively
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 03-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by Eddie James
FPV Racing Association
Atlanta, Ga.
Joined Sep 2009
40 Posts
FHHuber - That really helped me out a lot with my 9503 - I appreciate it
Eddie James is offline Find More Posts by Eddie James
Old 03-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Find More Posts by rppoind
Sour Lake,TX
Joined Mar 2006
359 Posts
Vinny......Check this out. Uses built in mixes for 2 ailerons ,two elevator, or even 2 rudder servos.
Setting up an IMAC plane with the JR DSX9 (6 min 0 sec)

Richard
rppoind is offline Find More Posts by rppoind
Old 03-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Find More Posts by vinny
Hockessin, Delaware USA
Joined Sep 2007
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rppoind View Post
Vinny......Check this out. Uses built in mixes for 2 ailerons ,two elevator, or even 2 rudder servos.
Setting up an IMAC plane with the JR DSX9 - YouTube
Richard
Thanks Rich-- Nice-Much easier
Old 09-18-2014, 06:55 AM
Find More Posts by FBaity
United States, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Sep 2008
719 Posts
I have 12X set up for bi-plane,4 servos wing type and Elevator mixed to Aux 4. Elevator trim inputs on transmitter only effect the elevator servo and not both elev / aux at the same time. How do I couple the elevator trim function to both elev and aux 4?

Thanks
FBaity is offline Find More Posts by FBaity
Old 09-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
Does the 12x use mating like the 11x?

I know that on the 9303/9503 the only way to get trim to transfer is to setup mating in the wing menu, not by using a premix.
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey

Quick Reply