logo
Old 01-24-2020, 01:19 AM
Find More Posts by mischa
Joined May 2007
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquen View Post
Not quite sure what you are wanting to do. But sounds like you want to regulate the voltage to your servos? I would regulate the voltage going into the receiver first.
Yes , I have been using powerbox evolution- mercursy srs etc over years and they have regulator in it and you adjust the output Voltage to what V do you want so I get my reply , what you put in this receiver-power unit as Voltage 2S 7.4V or 3S 11.1V you get out the same .

Thks for the reply
mischa is offline Find More Posts by mischa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-24-2020, 02:26 AM
Find More Posts by santiago3D92095
TEAM STUPID
United States, MD, Cockeysville
Joined Nov 2009
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymedic View Post
Hey Kim, I just got this rx, my 1st with DMSS. I was wondering if I have to use the supplied soft switch or if any switch will work ???
Any will work, I've used a pin flag in many airplanes
santiago3D92095 is offline Find More Posts by santiago3D92095
Old 01-24-2020, 03:03 AM
Find More Posts by Mitsu1
United States, AR, Maumelle
Joined Jun 2006
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymedic View Post
Hey Kim, I just got this rx, my 1st with DMSS. I was wondering if I have to use the supplied soft switch or if any switch will work ???
Doesn't have to be "that" soft switch, but must be an E-switch or soft switch type. Regular switches won't work and will damage your receiver! I use a variety of Pin flag switches with mine.

(Note: I ruined a perfect RG11BPU by using a Dualsky Pin Flag switch, and "not paying attention" to the leads orientation in it's JR connector. Should be both outboard pins, with the center pin empty, just like the soft switch that came with Rx. The pin flag I was using was not meant for this application, (Meant for a proprietary voltage regulator) It intentionally had leads on the first & second pins, with the last outboard pin empty. Guess I was asleep, .. not paying attention, ... plugged it into the receiver and turned it on! Poof!, ... $200 receiver gone! All I had to do was move that lead off the center pin and to the outside pin, and it would have been totally fine. I love this cheap $10 pin flag switch .. just love it!, and have 4 of them, in use on two planes perfectly. Actually replaced a new Booma RC Advanced Radio Pin Flag switch because I much prefer the more robust "feel" of, and look of this Pin and flag.
Mitsu1 is offline Find More Posts by Mitsu1
Last edited by Mitsu1; 01-24-2020 at 03:18 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:44 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
7,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu1 View Post
Doesn't have to be "that" soft switch, but must be an E-switch or soft switch type. Regular switches won't work and will damage your receiver! I use a variety of Pin flag switches with mine.
I think that statement may be a bit misleading. You want a switch that is set up for use with a soft switch which means that any mechanical or other switch correctly wired or designed as a soft switch will work. As you pointed out, wiring is critical. Most pin switches are simple mechanical switches that turn off when the pin is removed. The real soft switch is a power, P channel MOSFET device in the power safe receiver, etc. The external pin switch, magnetic switch, etc. just controls that internal switch (turns it off) by removing voltage from the MOSFET gate when the pin is in place.
Truckracer is online now Find More Posts by Truckracer
Last edited by Truckracer; 01-24-2020 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:16 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Perhaps a more "plain English" explanation????

The soft switch merely connects the two outside pins on that port; signal and ground so it only requires a two lead switch such as Spektrum PowerSafe rx's use. On a Spektrum you can actually use a bind plug if you want.
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 01-24-2020, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
7,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Perhaps a more "plain English" explanation????

The soft switch merely connects the two outside pins on that port; signal and ground so it only requires a two lead switch such as Spektrum PowerSafe rx's use. On a Spektrum you can actually use a bind plug if you want.
You just gave the simpler explanation. I'd simply add that a pin switch is not the actual switch that conducts the power to the receiver. It simply controls the internal (electronic soft switch) in the Power Safe receiver, etc. The pin switch contacts are closed when the pin is inserted and open when the pin is removed. The external pin switch (or equivalent) just controls the internal soft switch in the receiver. "SOFT" hear meaning non mechanical.

I guess my original point was that you can't use an electronic soft switch to control a soft switch if that makes sense.
Truckracer is online now Find More Posts by Truckracer
Old 01-24-2020, 10:32 PM
Find More Posts by louu
go fast, dont crash.
south dirty jersey
Joined Oct 2008
2,001 Posts
Do these guys put new gears in 8711 servos?
louu is offline Find More Posts by louu
Old 01-26-2020, 12:34 AM
Find More Posts by derek powers
IA
Joined Oct 2006
19 Posts
Are you asking if Deeforce services old JR servos? I was wondering about that myself. Not feeling the new service center is like the old either way. My first experiences with them were less than satisfactory to put it mildly. I do like the new owner of JR/Deeforce

With the soft switches I much prefer a bind plug, ultra light and better failsafe. I have actually had a composite plane that would turn off an HD JR switch in the air, only one side but it would vibrate it forward to off. The first time or two I thought I was losing my mind but confirmed it multiple times.
derek powers is offline Find More Posts by derek powers
Old 01-26-2020, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by louu
go fast, dont crash.
south dirty jersey
Joined Oct 2008
2,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek powers View Post
Are you asking if Deeforce services old JR servos? I was wondering about that myself. Not feeling the new service center is like the old either way. My first experiences with them were less than satisfactory to put it mildly. I do like the new owner of JR/Deeforce

With the soft switches I much prefer a bind plug, ultra light and better failsafe. I have actually had a composite plane that would turn off an HD JR switch in the air, only one side but it would vibrate it forward to off. The first time or two I thought I was losing my mind but confirmed it multiple times.
Yeah just a regular jr8711 from jr.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by cbk07
Mouth Runner
United States, CT, Farmington
Joined Jan 2006
1,735 Posts
I know they still service the older 8411's (at least gears and case tops). Give them a call.....if they have the parts in stock I think they will gladly service them
cbk07 is online now Find More Posts by cbk07
Old 01-26-2020, 03:11 PM
Find More Posts by louu
go fast, dont crash.
south dirty jersey
Joined Oct 2008
2,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk07 View Post
I know they still service the older 8411's (at least gears and case tops). Give them a call.....if they have the parts in stock I think they will gladly service them
Thanks man I'll call them tomorrow. Just figured I'd ask on here cus they were closed.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:09 PM
Find More Posts by Obby1
Joined Dec 2011
402 Posts
Need some help please.
Setting up a Aura 8 AFCS. in the Aura set it states configuration for DMS systems via remote receiver connections, and serial data connection for JR XBus (Mode B).
What is meant by Mode B. Do not understand what mode B is.
Obby1 is offline Find More Posts by Obby1
Old 02-05-2020, 08:23 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I sponser JR
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,807 Posts
JR offers two types of Xbus. mode A and mode B. In the device menu you have to select Xbus and choose A or B. I only know that much from using the Xtreme Power X24 .
Festivus is offline Find More Posts by Festivus
Old 02-05-2020, 11:46 PM
Find More Posts by Obby1
Joined Dec 2011
402 Posts
Thanks for that you have jogged my memory just got into the DMSS system . Will see if I can find it.
Obby1 is offline Find More Posts by Obby1
Old 02-06-2020, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Skip Model Designs Intl.
Australia, VIC
Joined Mar 2008
4,062 Posts
Just got My T14x4 Tx , What a awesome feeling and looking Tx, Programming is great too, Coming from a DSX9
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge

Quick Reply