logo
View Poll Results: are armed
my ccw makes me feel safe 91 40.09%
i hunt almost as much i fly 38 16.74%
i kill paper targets all day long 67 29.52%
cant stand guns 31 13.66%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by flynbye, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Find More Posts by flynbye
willoughby ohio
Joined Feb 2008
290 Posts
Re: how many giants are armed??

thats a good setup it kind of like what i got fisrt round is cci shotshell #11 then 147g hollow point to follow
flynbye is offline Find More Posts by flynbye
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Find More Posts by MadMonkey
That's "MISTER" idiot to you!
United States, TX, Roanoke
Joined Sep 2007
1,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcyclesrc View Post
I normally carry a 96D. I like the smooth hammer on it.
I know... the action on mine is pretty slick, too. I like DAO far better; I never could get used to my P226.

I used to collect guns but I sold most of them when I was jobless. Now they're all fetching a premium with the Obama regime...
MadMonkey is offline Find More Posts by MadMonkey
Old 02-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by Mithrandir
TEAM FUTABA
High Desert California, USA
Joined Jan 2006
8,437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC3D View Post
I used to have a Para-Ordinance .45 and a concealed permit and carried it everywhere I went and kept it under my pillow at night. One night @ 2-3 am the alarm went off in the house, (scared ****less needless to say) scooted down the wall in my bedroom, popped around the corner at the same time "The PERP" entered my house through the garage door, only "The PERP" was my 6yr.old son SLEEPWALKING......Guys, drawing down on your own child is something I dont wish on anyone, Thank GOD I had enough sense not to shoot, needless to say the guns where out of the house b4 work the next morning, sold them to a buddy and havent looked back sense. I cant even hold a friends gun in my hand with out getting nervous now. 8 yrs. later and I still get jittery thinking about it. Dont know if I will ever own another gun again, at least until the kids are grown, then maybe.

MikeC
Hi Mike... I don't mean to come off a jerk here.... I love you man... but I am gonna say it like it is....

This happened because You did not follow the proper procedures....

Alarm goes off... suspected intruder.... these are the proper steps....

1) Assemble entire family in "Safe Room"!
2) Get wife to call 911
3) Wait... do NOT hunt down intruder in your house.... Wait with family in safe room until cops show up. (Stay on the phone with dispatch as they are communicating with the responding officers)

I know it is hard to not "Find the scumbag and turn him into a carpet stain" when they enter your house... but had you at least followed steps 1 & 2, the drawdown on your 6 year old wouldn't have happened....

The above 3 steps are good steps to take to minimize the civil liability you might encounter in the event you gotta put metal on target as well..... guarenteed... if you whacked scummy boy, and he has family, you will be sued in civil court.....

Bottom line... you made a procedural error... the gun made no mistake.

In many states... the above "suggestions" are part of the training required for a CC permit.
Mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by Mithrandir
Old 02-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
Joined Dec 2006
1,773 Posts

Sig Sauer 226 .40 Two-Tone

I can hit the target with it, NOOOO problem. I got it because one night somebody came to my house and beat the hell out of the front door and then stood there for a good couple minutes. It was then that I realized that the damn door was UNLOCKED and had they decided to come in on their own they could have and I would have been defenseless. A couple nights later I had two guys fighting in my front yard for some reason.

I had been meaning to get one for a long time but those two events, and I live in a nice neighborhood, made me realize that it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Oh and to lock the front door.

I also made sure the wife knows where it is, what condition it's in, what she needs to do to get it ready to fire at all times, and she's a better shot than I am.

I'm wanting to get a 1911 really bad, looking at the Kimbers and the SW's. I can't carry in CA anyway so having something for CCW doesn't really matter.

Also going to probably pick up a shot gun this year for clays.

Right now it's tough just to find ammo for what I have the shelves at all the local gun dealers are cleaned out both guns and ammo.
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Old 02-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC
United States, SC, McClellanville
Joined Sep 2008
2,747 Posts

Been collecting guns since I was 15 years old. Nice collection that ranges from Muzzle loaders to assult rifles and sub guns. I am a avid hunter of hogs, deer and doves. I do pack a lunch when going to the range. I do reload as well. Love my Dillon XL 650. The gun I shot the most Ruger 10-22. Most accurate Marlin 22 win mag bolt action. Fun to shoot Colt AR-16 HBAR Comp flat top with 120 round drum. Some prize guns Dan wesson 357 max, not mag, and a 30cal carbine automag. Love a 45 cal pistol. All my guns are locked in gun room, most with bolts etc.. removed and in a safe, Couple out of state in saftety deposit box at bank with ammo and emergancy cash Cost alot to do that but these are very collectable and valuable firearms. I do own Ak-47,s , Tec nines, Cobray M-11 nines, Mac 10 open bolt. UZI, SKS, several makes, Post ban Mak 90,s sevaral browning shotguns and pistols, Smith Wesson, Colt, Ruger , Marlin, Mossberg, Remington, Ted Williams, SKB, Para ordinance, Kimber, Dasiy, CVA, Thomas, AMI, and a few others I shouldn,t mention. Short story: Me and son been at range all day shooting targets with 22,s. Been picking off soda bottles, and empty 12 gauge shotshell hulls all day. Late in day We pull-out two ak-47,s with HellFire triggers and 100 round drums and master blast the 100 yard berm as a closing act to a fine day. Old Marine sargent been at range maybe 15 minutes gets very angry and pissed off. Says I ain,t teaching my son no good skills. Son was 14 at time. So I challenged him, saying my son could and would out shoot him, pick your range. He says 100 yards and shoots his 1903A3 3 times two inch group off the bench rest. Very GOOD. Justin fires 3 shots 223 , 100 yards 1/2 group. You could cover all three shots with a dime. That empressed everone including Sarge! Don,t judge a book by its cover. We can shoot anything. And ammo, well lets say that my house is listed as a ammo depot by SLED. And I have loaned weapons to law enforcement officers. Such as AR-15 with night vison scope . Others for training purposes. I do not carry personal protection. Been shot twice, shot at once. Had I had a gun close at hand I,d be in jail now. I,d rather wear a good ass whoopying than kill someone. Having access to a farm I have shot out to as far as 700 yards with my 7 mm rem mag. We shot gourds sitting on cocrete blocks in front of full sheets of plywood. A lot of fun!
wylieruneyjr is offline Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
Old 02-03-2009, 12:12 PM
3D1
Find More Posts by 3D1
3D1
Damn Wind
MA
Joined Oct 2008
344 Posts

any of you guys been effected by gun violence?

I always say if you act tougher because you are carrying you shouldnt be carryin. Guns should be used only to save your life not to save the $20 in your wallet.
3D1 is offline Find More Posts by 3D1
Old 02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Find More Posts by Ed Hornbuckle
Texas, United States of North Mexico
Joined Jul 2007
270 Posts

Here's some gun control stats for the gun control morons out there...

Can Gun Control Reduce Crime? Part 2
by
Benedict D. LaRosa, November 2002
What about the experience of other countries? In 1997, just 12 months after a new gun law went into effect in Australia, homicides jumped 3.2 percent, armed robberies 44 percent, and assaults 8.6 percent. In the state of Victoria, homicides went up 300 percent. Before the law was passed, statistics showed a steady decrease in armed robberies with firearms. In 1998, in the state of South Australia, robbery with a firearm increased nearly 60 percent. In 1999, the assault rate in New South Wales rose almost 20 percent.
Ed Hornbuckle is offline Find More Posts by Ed Hornbuckle
Old 02-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
Joined Dec 2006
1,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D1 View Post
any of you guys been effected by gun violence?

I always say if you act tougher because you are carrying you shouldnt be carryin. Guns should be used only to save your life not to save the $20 in your wallet.
There was a poll about that one one of the handgun message boards not to long ago.

The responses were that most people that carry are much more relaxed and plolite when carrying rather than a feeling of invincibility.

The poll results surprised me.
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Old 02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
3D1
Find More Posts by 3D1
3D1
Damn Wind
MA
Joined Oct 2008
344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
There was a poll about that one one of the handgun message boards not to long ago.

The responses were that most people that carry are much more relaxed and plolite when carrying rather than a feeling of invincibility.

The poll results surprised me.

I am all for guns and own some but I know a guy that carries a 1911 to cut his lawn .
Old 02-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by MikeC3D
Suspended Account
SanAntonio,TX
Joined Jun 2006
3,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
Hi Mike... I don't mean to come off a jerk here.... I love you man... but I am gonna say it like it is....

This happened because You did not follow the proper procedures....

Alarm goes off... suspected intruder.... these are the proper steps....

1) Assemble entire family in "Safe Room"!
2) Get wife to call 911
3) Wait... do NOT hunt down intruder in your house.... Wait with family in safe room until cops show up. (Stay on the phone with dispatch as they are communicating with the responding officers)

I know it is hard to not "Find the scumbag and turn him into a carpet stain" when they enter your house... but had you at least followed steps 1 & 2, the drawdown on your 6 year old wouldn't have happened....

The above 3 steps are good steps to take to minimize the civil liability you might encounter in the event you gotta put metal on target as well..... guarenteed... if you whacked scummy boy, and he has family, you will be sued in civil court.....

Bottom line... you made a procedural error... the gun made no mistake.

In many states... the above "suggestions" are part of the training required for a CC permit.

Uh-huh...Maybe in a perfect world.
My wife didnt have time to dial it all happened so fast, and our house at the time was a split floor plan, our room was on oppisite side of house from kids rooms, had to cross perps path to get there. I know a thing or two about so called procedures, my dad was a cop while I was growing up that stuff was beat into my head. And now this is part of the reason we now have a two story home with all bed rooms UPSTAIRS, as this would allow for more time to think. And I think Im intelligent enough to know its not the guns fault.....could have been just as easily a knife or bat, whats worse. And in Texas, the law has been changed so we cant be sued by injured intruders or their families, they commited a criminal act.
MikeC3D is offline Find More Posts by MikeC3D
Old 02-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

I don't personally own guns at this time due to several reasons. (#1, I live in a secure community) However, when the time comes, and I move elsewhere, I will probably own an AR 15 for recreational use, and protection. At the same time, carying a handgun to mow the lawn is a bit overkill, unless there was reason to carry,,, (JMHO) When it comes to the right to bear arms, wasn't there some county in Florida where the crime rates dropped when the loosened the gun laws?
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by Cracky
WHATS CRACKALAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wentzville, MO
Joined Jan 2006
9,312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC3D View Post
And in Texas, the law has been changed so we cant be sued by injured intruders or their families, they commited a criminal act.
I think that is what it is in Missouri too.
Cracky is offline Find More Posts by Cracky
Old 02-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Find More Posts by The_Wreck
United States, GA, Mableton
Joined May 2006
1,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%plane View Post
I don't personally own guns at this time due to several reasons. (#1, I live in a secure community) However, when the time comes, and I move elsewhere, I will probably own an AR 15 for recreational use, and protection. At the same time, carying a handgun to mow the lawn is a bit overkill, unless there was reason to carry,,, (JMHO) When it comes to the right to bear arms, wasn't there some county in Florida where the crime rates dropped when the loosened the gun laws?
In the town of Kennessaw (suburb of Atlanta) homeowners are required to own a gun, It is obviously not rigorously enforced, but there is almost armed home invasion crime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennesaw,_Georgia

Reports of resulting burglary-rate statistics

Gary Kleck, a criminologist and gun-control critic attributes a drop of 89% in the residential burglary rate to the law.[3] Kennesaw is often cited by advocates of gun ownership as evidence that gun ownership deters crime. (see, for instance, this 2004 sheet of talking points from the Gun Owners of America). Others have challenged this conclusion, however, citing data showing that the number of burglaries in the 10 years spanning the passing of the ordinance remains roughly the same, while burglaries dropped in the city of Morton Grove following their gun ban. [4]. These statistics are in turn disputed because the report in question lacked important considerations such as proportions for the population and growth over time.
Current statistics indicate that Kennesaw's crime rate[6] is lower compared to surrounding cities like Marietta[7], Smyrna[8], Alpharetta[9], or Atlanta[10].
The_Wreck is offline Find More Posts by The_Wreck
Old 02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
3D1
Find More Posts by 3D1
3D1
Damn Wind
MA
Joined Oct 2008
344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracky View Post
I think that is what it is in Missouri too.
I wish all states would do this. why make laws to protect criminals. I live in massachusetts and they made it a priviledge not a right to bear arms. and you cant buy a 1911 that wasnt in the state already since 1994. you cant go buy a new 1911. rediculous.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Find More Posts by Chris Puckett
Rantoul IL
Joined Jan 2006
1,179 Posts

Every state that has a carry law has seen the crime rate decrease. As for the AR better have ordered one about 6 months ago. I have had my M4 on order for a couple months now and its going to be a couple more. The price on used ones has doubled since the election. Most manufactures are running a 12-16 month back log and do not set prices until they ship. Ammo has jumped like crazy too thats why its good to know a guy like Tank that will reload for you for a few beers and some extra brass. Right Tank?
Chris Puckett is offline Find More Posts by Chris Puckett

Quick Reply