logo
Old 03-04-2020, 05:58 PM
Find More Posts by onfiregrafx
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Nov 2013
458 Posts
Discussion
Lake Almanor CA. Float fly’n (WEST COAST CA.)

I have been going to Lake Almanor (West of Susanville ) for 27 years, every July. When I first started going there was about 30 of us, and as the years roll by many of the old timers have either passed on or just don’t fly anymore.. but I am the last sole Survivor!!! Im looking to find some new friends to keep this trip going!! So here is the way this vacation goes...

This year, the dates are July 13-18 , 2020

There are several state run campgrounds around the lake and several private owned pay campgrounds and cabins. “Wilson camp” etc. “These fill up pretty fast“ so if you plan to stay the week you might want to call and make arrangements…

In the mornings all the pilots get up and go flying down at Canyon dam, there’s a little spot where you can throw some hotdogs on the grill do a little fishin, just an overall really nice place… once the flying is done, usually about 11–12 p.m. we might head over to Carol’s café and have either breakfast or lunch in Prattville… Or may just get together in somebody’s campground and have a little barbecue.. throughout the rest of the day you just get to relax enjoy the lake maybe do some fishin, take the family out for a little excursion , and just enjoy the area because it is very very beautiful… “Lake Almanor has a lot of sentimental memories for me“

So this year to put a fire under everybody’s butt… I have decided to give away (2) brand new Hanger-9 airplanes NIB, and I am not going to put where I got them from because nobody would help me with my trip this year… So this is all me , and I like being generous and I like having fun… So this is how this raffle will go..

Every day you show up you will receive one ticket for the drawing… If you show up all five days, you will have five tickets for the drawing.. One airplane will be given away Thursday after flying, and the other will be given away at the dinner we have on Friday night at the “blooming onion” on the peninsula . A very nice place to eat with fantastic food… If you decide to stay at your camp and eat a cheeseburger instead , that’s more than fine, you do not need to be present at that dinner to win!!!

So if you want to get out and have a good time, maybe take a little vacation time, or just need to get away from it for a few days with some friends who just enjoy flying and hanging out… This is the trip for you… Bring your airplanes and bring your fishing poles and maybe your wife… Ha ha.. Hope to see you there, send me a private message with your phone number if you’re interested in going so I can kind of get an idea of how many people are going to be there

Definitely get on the phone around Chester California, lake Almanor and Prattville ,and find lodging and or campground availability ASAP… These places book up fast
onfiregrafx is offline Find More Posts by onfiregrafx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-04-2020, 08:02 PM
Find More Posts by AKNick
1Corinthians 3:18
United States, AK, Juneau
Joined Feb 2014
1,611 Posts
Looks beautiful! Thanks for taking the time and effort to keep an event like this going. Flying floats is so much fun here in Alaska. I don't think I can be able to sneak away for this unfortunately.
AKNick is offline Find More Posts by AKNick
Old 03-04-2020, 08:53 PM
Joined Nov 2013
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKNick View Post
Looks beautiful! Thanks for taking the time and effort to keep an event like this going. Flying floats is so much fun here in Alaska. I don't think I can be able to sneak away for this unfortunately.
That’s too bad we’d love to have you…
Old 03-16-2020, 11:36 AM
Joined Nov 2013
458 Posts
Fly in canceled because lack of toilet paper and sanitizer!!! Hahahahaa

Ohhh,,, and a lack of response... I’m going by myself...

CYAAAAA....

Canceled on 3-2020

Quick Reply