logo
Old 06-27-2017, 12:19 PM
Find More Posts by gmilo
Alamo, CA USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,310 Posts
Alkaline, NX8931's are scheduled to be in stock in July. NXB8921's are on backorder, but no listed ETA. JR Americas is accepting backorders on the website at www.jramericas.com for both servos.

I have 30 NXB8921's on backorder to upgrade my entire fleet as the specs and past performance record of JR servo performance, this will be the best servo on the market IMHO for giant scale / precision applications requiring torque, speed, and resolution/centering precision.
gmilo is offline Find More Posts by gmilo
Last edited by gmilo; 06-27-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-27-2017, 12:23 PM
Find More Posts by MattyMatt
CARF-Models Rep USA
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Apr 2006
3,710 Posts
NXB-8921's are much better than the old 8911's. (and I really liked the 8911... I still run them today)

More precise, more torque, less power (brushless), all aluminum case...

As JR themselves say, the NXB-8921 is the best servo they've ever made.
MattyMatt is offline Find More Posts by MattyMatt
Old 06-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmilo View Post
Alkaline, NX8931's are scheduled to be in stock in July. NXB8921's are on backorder, but no listed ETA. JR Americas is accepting backorders on the website at www.jramericas.com for both servos.

I have 30 NXB8921's on backorder to upgrade my entire fleet as the specs and past performance record of JR servo performance, this will be the best servo on the market IMHO for giant scale / precision applications requiring torque, speed, and resolution/centering precision.
Thanks, but for now I will go direct from Japan. The price is much better direct from Japan.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 06-27-2017, 03:03 PM
CARF-Models Rep USA
Joined Apr 2006
3,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
Thanks, but for now I will go direct from Japan. The price is much better direct from Japan.
Just FYI, we will not warranty nor service them as they are considered gray market.

A little background:
This was always the case, even when JR was distributed by Horizon. They knew what was gray market as the numbers for most of the servos were different here than the rest of the world. For example, an 8911 in Japan was different than the 8911 that was here. This is part of the reason you see many servos being discontinued here... they were called something different in the rest of the world. The naming and products are now the same globally.

RC Depot is the distributor in Japan for JR, which we work very closely with.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:40 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Why would I want JR america service? They are experts at telling people the reason the servo is sloppy/not working is because:

1) You set your linkage incorrectly
2) Too much vibration
3) You crashed your plane
4) You are wrong and we are right.

After dealing with this once, I decided to not even bother, consequently I have been buying my products direct. If support is simply there to scold customers, its no good.

NOTE: This wasn't always the case, I remember Horizon Hobby would happily service gears, replace them and do great service with JR products many years ago. Then I would say Circa 2013 things changed. NO more gear replacements within the 3 years, as well as various other services that used to be included, It was alway PAY the full price.

So at that point paying $123/servo vs $74/servo was a no brainier.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
JR DA 215 Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,829 Posts
I've had nothing but Great - Outstanding Service from both Horizon and now JR Americas.

Case in point - I recently had a R/H Aileron flapping like a mad butterfly while starting up my plane. So I sent in both NXB 8921 servos for a check/inspection. One servo checked good,,, the other was bad thus became a warranty replacement(waiting for next shipment to arrive). Prior to all of that a quick call to Chris to let him know what was up and that those 2 servos were headed his way. Emails were also quick.

Sorry you had a bad experience and maybe one day it will be ok for you

BV
Bill Vargas is offline Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Old 06-29-2017, 01:34 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
the last time I sent in 11 8911s I had a $245.00 bill, was charged for gear tops and brass bushings on 8 servos that were 1.5 years old, they said it was wear and tear and not part of the warranty.

This was late 2013, I'm not sure if Horizon/Jr americas had split or who was handling warranty work. Anyway, despite having an official Horizon receipt, it didn't matter I was told it was my linkage/setup/experience.

This is very different from earlier Jr warranty, where I sent in about 6 8711, they all got gears repalced, serviced, new tops and were good to go, $0.00 so something clearly changed.

over the years have probably bought close to 200 Jr servos, mostly 8711, 8711HV, 8911hv, 8411 and various others the only compliant has been sloppy gear train and wear, even on vibration free jet aircraft. At the same time the precision and holding power is second to none. Will stock on these NXB servos this time
Old 07-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Find More Posts by SMOKINMAC
3W + Smoke !
United States, KY, Albany
Joined Mar 2011
104 Posts
JR Servos

I relate to Alkaline's experience with JR Americas when it comes to their support for their servos. I have all DS 8711's, the all aluminum case $200 each. I had the same problem Bill Vargas states with an aileron fluttering when starting my engine. I found that the problem was the plastic gear on the servo motor, the first gear in the JR advertised "all metal gear drive train". If memory serves, Chris offered to give me (1) free plastic gear. So I purchased several of these plastic gears, but not happy with having the premature wear, and a plastic gear in an "all metal gear" advertised servo. Felt this was deceptive advertising.

If anyone cares to comment, I am considering trying the Promodeler 470 inch/oz servo: http://www.promodeler.com/
SMOKINMAC is offline Find More Posts by SMOKINMAC
Old 07-01-2017, 02:30 PM
JR DA 215 Flyer
Joined Mar 2011
3,829 Posts
Was this a single servo aileron or dual ?

My failure was a wing tip aileron servo. The other tell tale sign was extremely hot to the touch when compared to the other(s) right after landing - taxi up to the pits.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Well for me it appears the weak spot is that small brass bushing that goes on the case top. I think the new aluminum cases solves this issue, strange because bras is stronger than aluminum (I think?) I have never had JR servo burn up.

Anyway, Here is the bottom line, It used to be you could buy a JR servo and for 3 years it was No questions asked we will take care of everything, gears, pots, whatever. Good Times. Those days are gone. So because of that now you have to be froogle. When I order form Japan I know I will not get serviced and will need to eventually buy new tops/gears/bushings but its fine because I saved 35% of the purchase price.

And I have used them all, JR reigns supreme. Accuracy, Holding Power, even holding the servo in your hand feels better

This production lack is screwing up m y builds, I have had to use savox and hitec, mks, decent but NO JR. I don't mind using savox/hitec/mks on my gas planes, but on Jets JR stands alone.

A Buddy of mine scored 10 8921 on ebay for a stupid low price about a few months ago, I think it was like $80.00/servo New in Box.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:35 AM
CARF-Models Rep USA
Joined Apr 2006
3,710 Posts
Just a quick update: we have a pretty consistent flow of servos coming in now, but just not enough volume yet. This should be better in the coming weeks with some production changes.

We fill backorders first, ..so for the time being if you need servos, please backorder. There is no commitment to buy with our backorders nor do pay anything upfront. Our system will tell you when they are in stock and you can finalize your order then.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:03 PM
Find More Posts by ljaganna
phoenix, arizona
Joined Nov 2006
367 Posts
Does anyone have an update on JR Servo availability?
Many of the RC online stores that used to carry them don't carry them anymore, and I just checked the JRamericas website, and it doesn't seem like you can get the NXB8921+ as of now.
ljaganna is offline Find More Posts by ljaganna
Old 11-25-2018, 04:40 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I sponser JR
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,808 Posts
https://www.deeforce.net. This is the new Jr DFA and they have a link on their page to all of the Jr DFA dealers and they also sell servos direct and there's also the story of how Jr propo filed bankruptcy and was reorganized under the name j a r d f a r d Force aviation and also desert aircraft engines partnered with RC Depot which is part of the Jr DFA family and they produce a brushless servo under the desert aircraft name that is a brushless servo
Festivus is online now Find More Posts by Festivus
Old 11-27-2018, 10:26 PM
JR DA 215 Flyer
Joined Mar 2011
3,829 Posts
>>> Does anyone have an update on JR Servo availability?
Many of the RC online stores that used to carry them don't carry them anymore, and I just checked the JRamericas website, and it doesn't seem like you can get the NXB8921+ as of now.<<<

I've had good success dealing with Mooney at RC Depot during those Dark JR times for my needs. They appear to be still available at RC Depot Japan and contact Mooney at rcdepot.overseas@gmail.com for more info. Shipping is a good 10 days from there to stateside.

https://translate.google.com/transla...m/&prev=search

BV
Last edited by Bill Vargas; 11-27-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:20 PM
Find More Posts by warbird_1
United States, NY, Perry
Joined Mar 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Vargas View Post
>>> Does anyone have an update on JR Servo availability?
Many of the RC online stores that used to carry them don't carry them anymore, and I just checked the JRamericas website, and it doesn't seem like you can get the NXB8921+ as of now.<<<

I've had good success dealing with Mooney at RC Depot during those Dark JR times for my needs. They appear to be still available at RC Depot Japan and contact Mooney at rcdepot.overseas@gmail.com for more info. Shipping is a good 10 days from there to stateside.

https://translate.google.com/transla...m/&prev=search

BV
oups.. old post
warbird_1 is offline Find More Posts by warbird_1

Quick Reply