logo
Old 07-05-2020, 04:32 PM
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Skip Model Designs Intl.
Australia, VIC
Joined Mar 2008
4,062 Posts
Sounds like a good Can set, With the P-RC mounts just use the rear one, as if you do both the can will be too rigid. and this is not a good thing with solid header

You find that the MTW & KS can outlets should exit in the cowl But i recall Jmb outlets are further back, So id say it will exit in the Grill area.

Yes open up the rear bay to help pull out the hot air, Will keep the cans cooler and the area above it.
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-06-2020, 06:15 AM
Find More Posts by Phantom80
Joined Jun 2020
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot013 View Post
Hey guys!

I just had a successful maiden last week of my Edge 540 V3 107'', however I was told by club members that would have to convert to cannisters due to sound of the stock mufflers of DLE 120.

I am ordering a pair from JMB and just wanted to clarify with you if anyone has experience with canisters on this plane?

My plan is to go with canisters with front exit as I also noticed that in the back of the plane I do not have a wooden hatch underneath to open for the rear exhaust. The model is V3 bought from the Netherlands in December 2018. I noticed some of the other thread photos that some versions had a wooden removable hatch behind the landing gear, but maybe that is not the design anymore.

In any case would appreciate some advice on where to place the canister wooden holders provided with the model.

Thanks a lot.

Thats a beautiful bird. Can u plz confirm did your fire wall came pre installed ?
Phantom80 is offline Find More Posts by Phantom80
Old 07-06-2020, 04:04 PM
Find More Posts by Pilot013
3D flyier
Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined Nov 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom80 View Post
Thats a beautiful bird. Can u plz confirm did your fire wall came pre installed ?
Yes, it was pre-installed.
Pilot013 is offline Find More Posts by Pilot013
Old 07-06-2020, 04:05 PM
3D flyier
Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined Nov 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hodge View Post
Sounds like a good Can set, With the P-RC mounts just use the rear one, as if you do both the can will be too rigid. and this is not a good thing with solid header

You find that the MTW & KS can outlets should exit in the cowl But i recall Jmb outlets are further back, So id say it will exit in the Grill area.

Yes open up the rear bay to help pull out the hot air, Will keep the cans cooler and the area above it.
Great. Well, once I receive the canisters will report back on the progress.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:59 AM
Joined Jun 2020
44 Posts
Quote:
Yes, it was pre-installed.
I have DLE 120. What are your reviews about the engine?
Which 2 stroke oil are you using?
Did u have to play with the carburetor settings?
Which prop are u using?

Thanks and regards,
Old 07-07-2020, 01:08 AM
Skip Model Designs Intl.
Australia, VIC
Joined Mar 2008
4,062 Posts
Quote:
I have DLE 120. What are your reviews about the engine?
Which 2 stroke oil are you using?
Did u have to play with the carburetor settings?
Which prop are u using?

Thanks and regards,
Ill Jump in! The DLE 120 (Infact all of them) runs best with Redline (Or Sthil) @ 30:1 But can do 40:1. The 30:1 will give the engine best life.

29x9 Works great on this motor, heaps of power and thrust.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:08 AM
Skip Model Designs Intl.
Australia, VIC
Joined Mar 2008
4,062 Posts
Quote:
Great. Well, once I receive the canisters will report back on the progress.
Sounds great
Old 07-07-2020, 02:44 AM
Joined Jun 2020
44 Posts
Quote:
Ill Jump in! The DLE 120 (Infact all of them) runs best with Redline (Or Sthil) @ 30:1 But can do 40:1. The 30:1 will give the engine best life.

Dear Hodge, You are indeed a very helpful person. Thanks for the reply. I got my hands on liqui moly 2T Street semi Synthetic oil. Its the little old like the date on the box is 2016.

I emailed Liqui moly Germany and they said it good for use as the shelf life is 5 years.

I took out the oil in transparent bottles to see the condition. It looks clear no gumming etc. I am a bit hesitant to use it but thats the only option at the moment.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:55 AM
Skip Model Designs Intl.
Australia, VIC
Joined Mar 2008
4,062 Posts
I aim to please & you're welcome, That what FG is all about, helping fellow modelers.

That will work fine, But do get a fully synthetic when you can, you will end up with a cleaner engine over the long run.

LM make great products so would not hesitate to use it.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:06 PM
3D flyier
Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined Nov 2007
88 Posts
Quote:

I am running a Mezjlik 28x10 @ 6,750 rpm on the ground after 3-4 liters of fuel through the engine. I use only Motul 2T full synthetic oil and I have been extremely impressed with the results.

So far I have been running 1:25 and 1:32 mixes as I was breaking in the engine, but will now gradually move to 1:40, which might give a few extra rpms...

Regarding the carburator - had to do very limited tweaking, simply by opening a bit the L needle (3/8 of a turn).
Old 07-08-2020, 01:35 AM
Joined Jun 2020
44 Posts
Quote:
I am running a Mezjlik 28x10 @ 6,750 rpm on the ground after 3-4 liters of fuel through the engine. I use only Motul 2T full synthetic oil and I have been extremely impressed with the results.

So far I have been running 1:25 and 1:32 mixes as I was breaking in the engine, but will now gradually move to 1:40, which might give a few extra rpms...

Regarding the carburator - had to do very limited tweaking, simply by opening a bit the L needle (3/8 of a turn).
Thats great. I am also planning to mount the engine on the bench for break in. I have the same kit and same engine you are using.

So how did the engine fitting go ? Did you have to work around for fitting adjustment? Bcoz the firewall is pre installed and I guess fitting the engine and adjusting gaps etc wont be that easy.

Anyways please share your experience regarding the same.

Regards,
Old 07-09-2020, 06:32 PM
Find More Posts by ronaldopn
Brazil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Dec 2014
338 Posts
Hi folks, I found a great deal in one of these kits (NIB). I'm an Edge fan and thinking about assembling my first 100cc by the end of the year but honestly I'm afraid of this kit's weight. Is is as heavy as most people say? I saw 29.7 lbs (13.5kg) on the specs which is quite high.
I know this is a though question but does anyone know the weight out of the box?
Ronaldo
ronaldopn is offline Find More Posts by ronaldopn
Old 07-10-2020, 03:56 AM
Joined Jun 2020
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldopn View Post
Hi folks, I found a great deal in one of these kits (NIB). I'm an Edge fan and thinking about assembling my first 100cc by the end of the year but honestly I'm afraid of this kit's weight. Is is as heavy as most people say? I saw 29.7 lbs (13.5kg) on the specs which is quite high.
I know this is a though question but does anyone know the weight out of the box?
Ronaldo
How much did you get one for ?
Old 07-10-2020, 06:06 PM
Find More Posts by ronaldopn
Brazil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Dec 2014
338 Posts
Quote:
How much did you get one for ?
I didn't get anything yet, just trying to evaluate if this would be a good choice.
I don't know where you live but unless you're in Brazil too I don't think the price will make any sense to you. Anyway, with the current exchange rates it would cost me $1300 USD + shipping. That definitely does not sound like a good deal if you're in US but to put it in a common perspective, it is the price of an EF Laser 91" here.
Yes, our hobby can be quite expensive in my country
Ronaldo
ronaldopn is offline Find More Posts by ronaldopn
Old 07-11-2020, 04:42 AM
Joined Jun 2020
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldopn View Post
I didn't get anything yet, just trying to evaluate if this would be a good choice.
I don't know where you live but unless you're in Brazil too I don't think the price will make any sense to you. Anyway, with the current exchange rates it would cost me $1300 USD + shipping. That definitely does not sound like a good deal if you're in US but to put it in a common perspective, it is the price of an EF Laser 91" here.
Yes, our hobby can be quite expensive in my country
Ronaldo
Thats damn tooooo expensive. I got it for USD 781 according to the current exchange rate.

But I guess I live in a neighboring country to china thats why I got it cheap. The transport distance from china to Brazil is too much keeping in view the box sizes the transportation charges must be somewhere between 3 to 4 hundred USD. Secondly, the custom duty is different for different countries.

Quick Reply