logo
This thread is privately moderated by Matchless, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by Matchless
GiantStyle Yapoleno Hucker!
Cordova, TN USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,329 Posts
Workshop finally coming back together....

Well, its finally coming back together....

I decided to replace the old hollow core door with a solid core door. I can't believe how much that thing weighs!!!!!! Then again, its lighter than the granite worksurface my father tried to pick up for me when he was getting the new countertops for his new house.....

I mounted the door on the bench I built, then I squared up the thing. Checked it for level every 6" on both axes all the way down, shimmed it where it was not level.... Its smoooooooth. I also anchored it to the bench at the back to keep it stable and prevent my adjustments from getting moved...

Then I topped the board with 1/2" sheetrock and checked everything for square...

Finally, I took the old pegboard and re-installed it, but did it right this time with spacers off the walls. I also hung the old parts divider to get it off the bench....

Ohhhh yeah, notice the fire extinguishers? If you don't have some mounted near your bench, you are asking for trouble.....
Matchless is offline Find More Posts by Matchless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Find More Posts by ChrisHays
Memphis Tn
Joined Mar 2006
366 Posts
looking good jeremy... ive struggled with lighting issues in my model room.. i may go with a setup like you have...i may add an extinguisher as well...
ChrisHays is offline Find More Posts by ChrisHays
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply