logo
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2008, 07:53 AM
robertp17 is offline
Find More Posts by robertp17
Registered User
United States, MD, Warwick
Joined Sep 2007
1,407 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcastine View Post
Robert,

Is that Slick 540 a scale plane? If not, you won't be flying it in IMAC (except in Basic class). One of the rules in IMAC is that you must fly a model replica of a full scale plane that has competed in an IAC contest. Not trying to crash your parade, just wanted to let you know....

Pete
Yes it is a 42% scale model of the fullsize aircraft. It has won the 2007 south african national championship and supposedly made its deput in the states in the red bull air races although I dont recall seing it. You can see the full size one here www.slickaircraft.com Here is a link to check out the model www.dietrichaircraft.com check it out and let me know Pete if you dont think it would be legal for sportsman so I can get my deposit back . I would hope that it is because when I pre ordered it the guy I talked to was flying the proto in advanced.
robertp17 is offline Find More Posts by robertp17
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-16-2008, 01:40 PM
JimC-MD is offline
Find More Posts by JimC-MD
Drakien is my hero
JimC-MD's Avatar
Frederick, Maryland
Joined Aug 2006
1,480 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

"which are replicas of types known to have competed in International Aerobatic Club (IAC) competition, or replicas of types known to be capable of aerobatic competition within the airspace......"

"Contest Cirectors may make an exception for a model of a full scale aircraft that was built for IAC competition, but has not yet competed. Proof of the latter is the resposibility of the contestant."

Would these be accurate quotes of the rules for the models?
JimC-MD is offline Find More Posts by JimC-MD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2008, 02:50 PM
dmichael is offline
Find More Posts by dmichael
Registered User
dmichael's Avatar
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Jan 2006
1,046 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

Funniest line of the weekend:

Transmitter sitting on cowl of 40% plane.

"Hey Brian, you want me to put your transmitter away for you?"

"No- I'm letting it dry out...."
dmichael is offline Find More Posts by dmichael
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2008, 03:16 PM
robertp17 is offline
Find More Posts by robertp17
Registered User
United States, MD, Warwick
Joined Sep 2007
1,407 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmichael View Post
Funniest line of the weekend:

Transmitter sitting on cowl of 40% plane.

"Hey Brian, you want me to put your transmitter away for you?"

"No- I'm letting it dry out...."
Hey Dave thats pretty good but what about when you where putting your plane to together right in front of mine and you asked if I wanted you to move and I said no your fine im just going to warm it up!
robertp17 is offline Find More Posts by robertp17
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Aerobat is offline
Find More Posts by Aerobat
Is it spring yet?
Aerobat's Avatar
Southeastern PA
Joined Aug 2006
271 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmichael View Post
Funniest line of the weekend:

Transmitter sitting on cowl of 40% plane.

"Hey Brian, you want me to put your transmitter away for you?"

"No- I'm letting it dry out...."
I thought "You already have the hat, Ty!" was pretty damn funny.

Rob's rolling 5/4 instead of 3/4 in the unknown and coming out in the wrong direction was pretty funny too, but not so much for Rob!

My xmitter was pretty damp too Saturday morning - now I know not to leave them in the car top carrier. Not much different than leaving them outside.
Aerobat is offline Find More Posts by Aerobat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2008, 07:07 PM
dmichael is offline
Find More Posts by dmichael
Registered User
dmichael's Avatar
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Jan 2006
1,046 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertp17 View Post
Hey Dave thats pretty good but what about when you where putting your plane to together right in front of mine and you asked if I wanted you to move and I said no your fine im just going to warm it up!
Yea, considering my head was about 2' in front of your plane.....!
dmichael is offline Find More Posts by dmichael
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2008, 09:03 PM
robertp17 is offline
Find More Posts by robertp17
Registered User
United States, MD, Warwick
Joined Sep 2007
1,407 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmichael View Post
Yea, considering my head was about 2' in front of your plane.....!
Maybe you misunderstood me, I was saying that I could wait for you cause I was not going to fly just warm up the motor.
robertp17 is offline Find More Posts by robertp17
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2008, 09:34 PM
pcastine is offline
Find More Posts by pcastine
Approaching critical AoA...
pcastine's Avatar
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Sep 2006
1,495 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertp17 View Post
Yes it is a 42% scale model of the fullsize aircraft. It has won the 2007 south african national championship and supposedly made its deput in the states in the red bull air races although I dont recall seing it. You can see the full size one here www.slickaircraft.com Here is a link to check out the model www.dietrichaircraft.com check it out and let me know Pete if you dont think it would be legal for sportsman so I can get my deposit back . I would hope that it is because when I pre ordered it the guy I talked to was flying the proto in advanced.

I don't think CD's challenge the scale rule very often. If you can show that it competed in the SA National Championships, you should be fine.

Pete
pcastine is offline Find More Posts by pcastine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2008, 10:33 PM
TheTank is offline
Find More Posts by TheTank
I created FG! Bitch!
TheTank's Avatar
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcastine View Post
I don't think CD's challenge the scale rule very often. If you can show that it competed in the SA National Championships, you should be fine.

Pete

Actually, you don't have to demonstrate that it flew in IAC competition, but that it was designed for it according to the rules. Perfect example of the application of the rules was at the NATs in 2007. Baron Johnson flew Leo Loundenslager "Shark" that was never actually flown, but designed around IAC flying. Due to that fact, Baron was able to fly it in SA NATS. The Slick 540 qualifies, as it was designed around IAC competition, whether or not it has flown in the IAC yet.

From the rule book:

"which are replicas of types known to have competed in International Aerobatic Club (IAC) competition, or replicas of types known to be capable of aerobatic competition within the airspace......"
TheTank is offline Find More Posts by TheTank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2008, 11:06 PM
high alpha is offline
Find More Posts by high alpha
Registered User
high alpha's Avatar
NJ
Joined Jan 2006
526 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTank View Post
Actually, you don't have to demonstrate that it flew in IAC competition, but that it was designed for it according to the rules. Perfect example of the application of the rules was at the NATs in 2007. Baron Johnson flew Leo Loundenslager "Shark" that was never actually flown, but designed around IAC flying. Due to that fact, Baron was able to fly it in SA NATS. The Slick 540 qualifies, as it was designed around IAC competition, whether or not it has flown in the IAC yet.

From the rule book:

"which are replicas of types known to have competed in International Aerobatic Club (IAC) competition, or replicas of types known to be capable of aerobatic competition within the airspace......"
Book worm!
high alpha is offline Find More Posts by high alpha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 12:30 PM
robertp17 is offline
Find More Posts by robertp17
Registered User
United States, MD, Warwick
Joined Sep 2007
1,407 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

Well now that we got that out of the way....
robertp17 is offline Find More Posts by robertp17
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 05:16 PM
bubbagates is offline
Find More Posts by bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag
bubbagates's Avatar
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie Johnston View Post
What do you have against edge 540's.
Not a thing, that line is one Pete used a few weeks ago and I thought it was pretty good.

Anyway....by the sounds of it you all had a blast at Pax
bubbagates is offline Find More Posts by bubbagates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 07:12 PM
FENWAYFLYER is offline
Find More Posts by FENWAYFLYER
Look at this stupid thing
FENWAYFLYER's Avatar
Smyrna,De
Joined Jan 2008
1,015 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

I had a blast and only flew on Saturday. It was my first event and I look forward to a busy 09 Imac season.
FENWAYFLYER is offline Find More Posts by FENWAYFLYER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2008, 10:54 AM
FAVO is offline
Find More Posts by FAVO
Doo It! Doo It!
FAVO's Avatar
Port Republic, Maryland
Joined May 2007
103 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmichael View Post
Funniest line of the weekend:

Transmitter sitting on cowl of 40% plane.

"Hey Brian, you want me to put your transmitter away for you?"

"No- I'm letting it dry out...."
Thanks Dave,

Unfortuneately I wasn't joking. I learned not to leave my transmitter in box in trailer at night when weather starts to cool down. I took transmitter out of box in the morning and it was drenched with condensation.
FAVO is offline Find More Posts by FAVO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Aerobat is offline
Find More Posts by Aerobat
Is it spring yet?
Aerobat's Avatar
Southeastern PA
Joined Aug 2006
271 Posts
Re: PaxAero IMAC

Here's a pic of the gang. Thanks Troy.
Aerobat is offline Find More Posts by Aerobat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to IMAC? FAQ's TheTank General IMAC Discussions 430 09-24-2019 07:38 PM
IMAC Sweepstakes!!! TheTank General Discussion 30 05-02-2008 03:47 PM
IMAC Announcement - Toledo rcplanefan General IMAC Discussions 6 04-13-2007 10:36 PM
2006 Final IMAC Presidential Update From Wally Pitts Anna Wood General IMAC Discussions 0 01-01-2007 08:55 PM
IMAC SW Region, Upcoming Events For April 2006 Anna Wood IMAC Competitions 2 04-10-2006 11:17 AM