Old 03-13-2019, 07:24 PM
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
Joined Dec 2006
1,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150flyer View Post
+1

The DX20 was significantly delayed in release and then had two recalls. Train wreck.

I bought your JR xg11, works great for me.
Awesome! Glad to hear it’s still out there and working well for you!
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-14-2019, 01:38 AM
Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
United States, UT, Plain City
Joined Dec 2006
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
SO WRONG!

Nice example of how little you know about Jeti. Jeti has an option where you can custom organize the programming to your liking. Go to Main Menu and press the F3 "User" button. Lastly, the feel is just like I like it. It remains me my 9ZA, 10X and 12X. It has a nice heft to it.
No I don’t think you run Jeti because if you did you would know they’ve lied about so much information on the products, when in fact they knew about issues with the CB 200. They knew about the problems that myself and other people were telling them about high RF low signal. Problems with HV servos shutting down their system. They did nothing but call me a liar, they even took my receivers over to Germany for testing and then told me nothing was wrong. They then just weeks later released information about the issues and admitted to knowing about them. They said multiple places that they knew about the problem the whole time and they were working on a solution. But they’re not even posting any warnings or recalls about this problem on their website, they even took down some of the suggestions of how to fix it just to mitigate their liability. The only reason I continue to use my jeti is because I like the CB 400 and it does not have the problems that all the other receivers do. If you’re running anything else other than a CB400 when you crash just understand it’s on you and the manufacturer does not want to stand behind their product and ZB and JAMES and Danny everybody else will just call you a liar. And they will have you chase your tail for at least six months trying to find the problem spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars trying to help them when all along they knew what the problem was. To everybody running a CB 200 here’s your warning again, if you’re running any kind of high volt servo you’re running a very high risk and you could crash. That is not fiction that is fact. Terry does know what he’s talking about because I’ve talk to him extensively about the problems .. I could go on and with multiple videos and other examples about jeti but I have so had it with this product it frustrates me. Yes I still run it in my big airplanes because of the CB 400 . The second somebody comes out of the products that is similar I will switch and I will throw this in the garbage. Any reputable company would at least do some kind of discount or trade up program to help the consumer get a replacement product with the fix, not these guys. I have thousands of dollars worth product that is only good as a paper weight. Because I know of the problems and I do not dare sell it.
flyrcjoe13 is offline Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Old 03-14-2019, 01:51 AM
Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
United States, UT, Plain City
Joined Dec 2006
596 Posts
In the past 19 years I’ve run every brand out there but I’ve never been so disappointed in one as jeti. Every other brand out there is concerned about you losing your airplane and concerned about safety and is willing to help you figure out what the problem is or could be. Other manufacturers have released recall notices and addendum‘s to let their customers know that there could be a problem so to mitigate your loss. Esprit Models has done nothing but cover it up. It is very sad that they are discontinuing the DX 20 that was the next radio I was going to buy. But we’ll see what they come out with I’m sure it’s great. And I know they have tested it before they release it to the public.
flyrcjoe13 is offline Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Old 03-14-2019, 08:17 AM
Find More Posts by haribo
Joined Dec 2016
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrcjoe13 View Post
ZB and JAMES and Danny everybody else will just call you a liar.
WoooooW I don't think he will even reply.

haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Old 03-14-2019, 09:54 AM
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers43 View Post
called horizon, the DX20 is in fact no longer in production. all previous back orders have been cancelled. if you had one on order it is no longer on order. something is not right here. spektrum also confirmed this saying "the radio was to be discontinued long ago, and they have a replacement coming LATE SUMMER." therefore saying if you are a spektrum customer and in need of something more than 12 channels we don't really care.
I think it's advancement towards a more powerful and advanced product......I'm just not 100% agreeing with the marketing strategy but there will be new stuff coming to replace it.
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 03-14-2019, 10:42 AM
Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
United States, IL, Moline
Joined Oct 2008
2,059 Posts
im sure there is something coming. but why not keep making a few limited batches of the dx20 if people are still buying it. maybe theres not enough trying to order for horizon to see the interest.
nappyroots2182 is offline Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
Old 03-14-2019, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by svan
United States, IA, Marshalltown
Joined Feb 2017
294 Posts
I purchased a DX 18 G2 a few months ago. Really glad I didn’t wait. The DX20 was my second choice and I wouldn’t have wanted to wait until late summer to upgrade.
svan is offline Find More Posts by svan
Old 03-14-2019, 12:33 PM
Find More Posts by hpdrifter
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Mar 2009
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrcjoe13 View Post
No I don’t think you run Jeti because if you did you would know they’ve lied about so much information on the products, when in fact they knew about issues with the CB 200.
Actually, I do run Jeti. I have connections at Jeti factory in the Czech Rep. so I could ask the main man whether they are aware of the problems you're describing. But I have to see it in person first. So, when can I come over to your place and see some demonstrations? I'm located at Park City area.
hpdrifter is offline Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Old 03-14-2019, 01:16 PM
Find More Posts by sensei
Super Weight Freak
San Antonio Texas
Joined Nov 2006
3,715 Posts
sensei is offline Find More Posts by sensei
Last edited by sensei; 03-17-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:37 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryscustom View Post
I think it's advancement towards a more powerful and advanced product......I'm just not 100% agreeing with the marketing strategy but there will be new stuff coming to replace it.
I was initially quite excited about the announcement of the iX-12, but I'm transmitter poor as it is so I didn't get one of those tx's.

I'm no computer guru, nor am I computer illiterate, but all the bugs/glitches they've had with those radios, there isn't anyway I'd buy an iX-20 if that's what they're thinking. I'll keep my DX-20, a QQ DX-18 and go back to my Futaba 18's for new models.
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 03-15-2019, 08:34 AM
Find More Posts by Four Stroker
Joined Jan 2008
682 Posts
The microsoft philosophy is to add more features and not worry about fixing old bugs. I think this marketing philosophy has crept into the RC business. It is the fault of all those guys who want a color touch screen that you can't see in the sun in a TX that is connected to the internet of things.
Four Stroker is offline Find More Posts by Four Stroker
Old 03-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Stroker View Post
It is the fault of all those guys who want a color touch screen that you can't see in the sun in a TX that is connected to the internet of things.
The genius of the Spektrum ix12 is that its connected to the internet. Imagine - you stuff a plane and within minutes your Facebook and Twitter accounts are updated that it was the radio's fault. Then before you get home you can start a new thread on FG about why the ARF vendor owes you a new kit. Doesn't get better than that....
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Last edited by 5150flyer; 03-15-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:43 AM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2015
768 Posts
DX-20 in stock...

https://www.horizonhobby.com/dx20-20...ode-2-spm20000
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old 03-16-2019, 11:30 AM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
What the frick LOL
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 03-16-2019, 02:36 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers View Post
One of the guys from Team Horizon who's done development work for Spektrum, spilled the beans over on RCU this morning. The DX-20 is discontinued; there is suppose to be a new radio of some sort out late Summer, yeah I'll bet that happens......

Any way, he said the "in stock" situation and changes to whether or not it is "in stock", are probably the last of the radios "trickling in" from the factory.
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb

Quick Reply