logo
This thread is privately moderated by 50%plane, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts
Dear FlyingGiants

Fellow FlyingGiants enthusiast,

Recently, there have been a number of political threads on FlyingGiants. The driving force of these threads is the desire to influence others to come to an agreement with our point of view. This is a very admirable cause, however, several of these threads have resulted in the name calling of other members of FlyingGiants, as well as several of our political leaders.

Whether we agree with these threads, or not, I can guarantee that we would, have some friendly and intellectual discussions at the flying field, regarding the current state of political affairs that we all care deeply about. But, can we allow this to take FlyingGiants to a place where are at eachother's throats? Recently, there have been several threads where politics were brought into the discussion, though the threads weren't meant, or desired, to become political. It seems at though the zeal of the members to discuss what's most important to us, is taking FG away from where we desire to be.

While FlyingGiants is the premier giant scale, and 3D RC site, the driving force behind it is friends, and other conversations. How many sites can you be a part of, then travel to an event and introduce yourself by your screen name?

Still, politics are very much a heavy part of all of our lives, whether we like it or not, but when politics come into play, many of us inadvertently allow our passions to over-run common sense. With all this being said, I have been as guilty, if not more, of posting inflammatory remarks. For that, I am sorry.

In conclusion, please join me in refraining from political discussions, no matter when someone else has posted something that goes against what we believe.

Sincerely,
Christopher Todd
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Last edited by 50%plane; 03-21-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 03-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,844 Posts
Re: Dear FlyingGiants

"ROUND FILE"
flyin4fun is offline Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Find More Posts by pepatrick
Yak - Extra - Yak...yakity yak
Cumming, GA
Joined Apr 2006
2,237 Posts

I think one thing we can all agree on. It does not matter what your political affiliation is. The politicians in this country from both sides of the isle are destroying this country.
pepatrick is offline Find More Posts by pepatrick
Old 03-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Find More Posts by octanehuffer
United States, MN, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts

Politics? Who cares. Nothing but a bunch of time wasted over crap you cant do anything about anyhow. GO FLYING!!!
octanehuffer is offline Find More Posts by octanehuffer
Old 03-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Find More Posts by zzw26n
United States, MI, Shelby Charter Township
Joined Mar 2006
2,033 Posts

Does anyone know what paint chips taste like?
zzw26n is offline Find More Posts by zzw26n
Old 03-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Find More Posts by Matt_Thomas
Lakeland, FL
Joined Jun 2007
1,936 Posts

Matt_Thomas is offline Find More Posts by Matt_Thomas
Old 03-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Joined Jan 2006
1,835 Posts

Chris,

You could start by taking that JFK quote out of your signature if the whole political mess is bothering you that bad.
Ryan Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Old 03-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Find More Posts by extra330ss
Bored Diesel Mechanic
north of the former nonsoviet republic of massachusetts, or just massachusetts, north america, earth
Joined Sep 2008
3,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%plane View Post
Fellow FlyingGiants enthusiast,

Recently, there have been a number of political threads on FlyingGiants. The driving force of these threads is the desire to influence others to come to an agreement with our point of view. This is a very admirable cause, however, several of these threads have resulted in the name calling of other members of FlyingGiants, as well as several of our political leaders.

Whether we agree with these threads, or not, I can guarantee that we would, have some friendly and intellectual discussions at the flying field, regarding the current state of political affairs that we all care deeply about. But, can we allow this to take FlyingGiants to a place where are at eachother's throats? Recently, there have been several threads where politics were brought into the discussion, though the threads weren't meant, or desired, to become political. It seems at though the zeal of the members to discuss what's most important to us, is taking FG away from where we desire to be.

While FlyingGiants is the premier giant scale, and 3D RC site, the driving force behind it is friends, and other conversations. How many sites can you be a part of, then travel to an event and introduce yourself by your screen name?

Still, politics are very much a heavy part of all of our lives, whether we like it or not, but when politics come into play, many of us inadvertently allow our passions to over-run common sense. With all this being said, I have been as guilty, if not more, of posting inflammatory remarks. For that, I am sorry.

In conclusion, please join me in refraining from political discussions, no matter when someone else has posted something that goes against what we believe.

Sincerely,
Christopher Todd
I agree... there have been too many flamings sense these started (and it has definately gotten to the point of extreme.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepatrick View Post
I think one thing we can all agree on. It does not matter what your political affiliation is. The politicians in this country from both sides of the isle are destroying this country.
I think that that is probably not the right thing to say here... as we don't want another political mosh-pit... (not to be a flamer or anything)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin4fun View Post
"ROUND FILE"
errr.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by octanehuffer View Post
Politics? Who cares. Nothing but a bunch of time wasted over crap you cant do anything about anyhow. GO FLYING!!!
I like your philosophy!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzw26n View Post
Does anyone know what paint chips taste like?
um... depends, lead or laytex???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thang View Post
so am I
extra330ss is offline Find More Posts by extra330ss
Old 03-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts

Politics is the order of the day. We're effected by it, the hobby itself is being impacted by the economic downturn which, depending on your postion, is either caused by or will be resolved by politics. You can ignore it if you want... a lot of politicians on both sides would like for you to do just that.
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 03-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Bored Diesel Mechanic
north of the former nonsoviet republic of massachusetts, or just massachusetts, north america, earth
Joined Sep 2008
3,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyn3545 View Post
Politics is the order of the day. We're effected by it, the hobby itself is being impacted by the economic downturn which, depending on your postion, is either caused by or will be resolved by politics. You can ignore it if you want... a lot of politicians on both sides would like for you to do just that.
but that doesn't mean that you are entitled to use an r/c websight as a political mob starter as many of these threads do.... It may be a long way to go, but the makers of the threads start off everyone angry, then suggest that they do something rash even without solid information. FG shouldn't be supporting such anarchist advertisement without their own consent... People with reasonable ideas are flamed by ignorant uninformed people, which shouldn't happen.... sorry, but chris is right......
Old 03-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,835 Posts

And you're also not entitled to eat up everyone's bandwidth with world's longest threads and such, but that happens anyway. At least politics are relevant to something at least and promote intelligent discussion. The percentage of uninformed people participating in such threads is more or less the same as in other threads, it just seems like more because they tend to be more populated threads.

I don't see what the big deal is. You can have political discourse and still stay within the boundaries of the rules set forth by the owners of this website.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Bored Diesel Mechanic
Joined Sep 2008
3,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadBowl View Post
And you're also not entitled to eat up everyone's bandwidth with world's longest threads and such, but that happens anyway. At least politics are relevant to something at least and promote intelligent discussion. The percentage of uninformed people participating in such threads is more or less the same as in other threads, it just seems like more because they tend to be more populated threads.

I don't see what the big deal is. You can have political discourse and still stay within the boundaries of the rules set forth by the owners of this website.
so far i've been trying to keep my composure... but this has gone too far. once more, i must say uninformed ignorant people.... what you are refusing to admit by reasons known only to your self at this time, is that the WLT is actually MORE of a hotbed for inteligent discussion than your flaming rooms which you call reasonable.... I know about these, because i have actually participated in these, but at the oposite end of the spectrum.... I will now instruct you to change the subject away from the WLT for good thank you...
Old 03-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,835 Posts

Instruct me? Dude you're 13.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Bored Diesel Mechanic
Joined Sep 2008
3,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadBowl View Post
Instruct me? Dude you're 13.
just goes to show...
Old 03-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,835 Posts

Excuse my apparent ignorance, but goes to show what?

I never attacked you.

Quick Reply