logo
Old 01-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Find More Posts by ampEater
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jul 2006
486 Posts
Re: 2011 NZ Rumble - Feb 17 to 20

I wondered if if that may have been the case. Just stalling it too much with too much elevator? Would that also account for my change in line after exiting snap? Has been my biggest problem, snaps.

I'm also wondering if my prop choice is not all that flash for IMAC. 27x10 thin Mejlik on DA85. Maybe a higher pitch like a 26x12 or 25x12 or something?
ampEater is offline Find More Posts by ampEater
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-11-2011, 03:02 AM
Find More Posts by Alex_downunder
New Zealand
Joined Jul 2008
14 Posts

Don't be in a hurry to get that cast off Wormz. you will have to pull your weight and do some work around the farm LOL. Work whats that, says I. Another week of holidays for me. see you Thursday at the field.
Alex_downunder is offline Find More Posts by Alex_downunder
Old 01-11-2011, 04:15 AM
Find More Posts by steven_gene
AKA Ditcho
Feilding, NZ
Joined Dec 2006
55 Posts

don't stress simmo I'm in exactly the same boat! flew avanced at the nats and was all over the show after the snaps and power was definatly an issue.
I originally wasn't going to fly advanced but since a certain cripple didn't turn up I was forced to move up!!
Can't wait for the rumble! Will be great to see the ozzys back over here!
You been doing much practice worms?? Would be keen to come over and do some practice before the rumble?

Steve
steven_gene is offline Find More Posts by steven_gene
Old 01-11-2011, 05:25 AM
Joined Jul 2006
486 Posts

Quote:
I originally wasn't going to fly advanced but since a certain cripple didn't turn up I was forced to move up!!
At least he didn't break it by falling into ditches! haha. Still flying you Compy 300?

Shame I don't have anyone down here to compete against in Advanced, or at least help with teaching me more. Am sincerely jelous of the north island community and regular comps. Would cost me over a Grand every time I wanted to come up to a comp
Old 01-11-2011, 05:38 AM
Find More Posts by Wormz
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampEater View Post
I wondered if if that may have been the case. Just stalling it too much with too much elevator? Would that also account for my change in line after exiting snap? Has been my biggest problem, snaps.

I'm also wondering if my prop choice is not all that flash for IMAC. 27x10 thin Mejlik on DA85. Maybe a higher pitch like a 26x12 or 25x12 or something?
Simo a pipe for the DA 85 or a hundy might be the trick... I think the 26x12 might help but finding a bit more power would help the most
Wormz is offline Find More Posts by Wormz
Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 AM
Find More Posts by Wormz
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_gene View Post
don't stress simmo I'm in exactly the same boat! flew avanced at the nats and was all over the show after the snaps and power was definatly an issue.
Can't wait for the rumble! Will be great to see the ozzys back over here!
You been doing much practice worms?? Would be keen to come over and do some practice before the rumble?

Steve
I,m not a cripple any more ditcho got the blastard cast off today how is yours going?

Doing some practice over the next weeks for the rumble would be great... Have done no flying lately..
Old 01-11-2011, 05:52 AM
Find More Posts by Wormz
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_downunder View Post
Don't be in a hurry to get that cast off Wormz. you will have to pull your weight and do some work around the farm LOL. Work whats that, says I. Another week of holidays for me. see you Thursday at the field.
Yep don't know if i can go flying Thursday if you are going to wear goes girly glasses of your wife Jane.......LOL They keep making me laugh to much and I have problems concentrating!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by steven_gene
AKA Ditcho
Feilding, NZ
Joined Dec 2006
55 Posts

Dam i still have mine on don't get it off til next Tuesday!!
And for your information simmo i broke it falling up stairs not falling into a ditch lol
Yup still flying the 300 might look at selling it after the rumble and get a bigger one!?
Might try and get over for a bit of practice in the next couple of weeks since I haven't had a chance to fly the new pattern yet!
Will give you a call at some point to sort out a good time

Ditcho
steven_gene is offline Find More Posts by steven_gene
Old 01-12-2011, 01:36 AM
New Zealand
Joined Jul 2008
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_gene View Post
Dam i still have mine on don't get it off til next Tuesday!!
And for your information simmo i broke it falling up stairs not falling into a ditch lol
Yup still flying the 300 might look at selling it after the rumble and get a bigger one!?
Might try and get over for a bit of practice in the next couple of weeks since I haven't had a chance to fly the new pattern yet!
Will give you a call at some point to sort out a good time

Ditcho

You & Wormz need to drink a bit more milk and get some calcium into those bones. Falling up stairs ???? you must have been smashed LOL literally in the end. I dropped anXR400 on top of me the other day going down a fairly steep hill. Pretty good bruise on the rib cage where the handle bar tried to go through me but nothing broken-luckily. I might of had to wear my missus sunnies, but at least I'm not soft.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:26 AM
Joined Jul 2006
486 Posts

So we're all talking about the IMAC part of proceedings, but thats not even half of the Rumble make-up.

Undie Hundy? Whats your pics on differences this year? Maybe Trojans instead of cubs? Compulsory nightlights?

After hours stuff? More watching me fly at night with fireworks? Or are your BAST*rds going to join me for once?

I think we need a race.... Two utes, two drivers, two Trojans, two pilots in the back of the utes.... see where i am going? Both car, pilot and plane must cross finish line to win....
Old 01-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Find More Posts by my extra260
Auckland, NZ
Joined Apr 2007
343 Posts

Haha sounds good!
my extra260 is offline Find More Posts by my extra260
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Joined Jul 2006
486 Posts

So What days are people arriving also? Trying to figure out when i should book ferry etc
Old 01-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Rod
Find More Posts by Rod
Rod
Wellington New Zealand
Joined Apr 2006
2,310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampEater View Post

I have been happy with 27x10 Mej on the DA 85 in the Su 29. Lack of power in the vertical snaps is definitely an issue though. I have done some test with the 85 on a pipe and can get the same rpm on a 27x12, however balance becomes an issue for me so I will need to make a U shaped pipe. I would stay with 27" diameter as it is more efficient, if noise is an issue slow it down with more pitch.

Interestingly I got the RC Aerobatics with Don Szcur DVD and his advice for snaps is rudder aileron only for positive snaps and rudder aileron and a little down elevator for negative snaps! You can see the lack of a break in the demo he does too, man he would be so zeroed over here.

As an aside the Slick 360 is an updated Extra 230 for the lower (4 cylinder) IAC classes. According to the Slick site it was in response to the newer AC like G202 getting down graded for faster roll rate than snap rate.
Rod is offline Find More Posts by Rod
Old 01-14-2011, 06:02 AM
Joined Jul 2006
486 Posts

Hey Rod, Hows things? Still building squadrons of beautiful aeroplanes? I will have to practise my snaps, as I can get them half the time but I need to be getting them 100% of the time. I think I'm sharing Bogans 3m Compy with John Heigl, I may have better luck with that. Need to then practise snaps from step one with that again....

I flew my Sukhoi today and it has plenty of grunt vertically, and dissapears rapidy on a vertical upline. I wont open up a big "How to snap correctly" debate, but I think I'm just using too much elevator and maybe rudder in my snaps. Will experiment tomorrow. So using no elevator wouldget a zero here? Is alot easier to control using no elevator but doesn't look overly "snapish"...
Old 01-14-2011, 04:40 PM
New Zealand
Joined Jul 2008
14 Posts

Hamish (WORMZ) & Ewan came up for some serious RUMBLE training. As you can see they are taking it all very very seriously. Good work boysl. Ewan that tube is not quite a 45deg down line, keep practicing mate.

Quick Reply