logo

Ritch's Brew - 30 Years at Toledo!

Learn about a company that has been supporting the hobby for many years and how you can get your order at Toledo.

Splash

Ritch's Brew has your fuel needs covered!

From Ritch:

Hi Giants! It's about that time of year for heading to all the big shows. Toledo is one of the big events we visit every year. In fact..... This will be the 30th year Ritch's Brew has attended the Toledo Weak Signals Show. Every year the Brew Crew blends and bottles up about half of the 53 different blends of Ritch's Brew fuels we make and ships the the usual 18 wheeler trailer to Toledo. It will be stationed outside the back door at Seagate Center to make sure everybody gets their fresh fuel order for the flying season.

The Ritch Family has been making quality fuels for planes, helicopters, boats and cars since 1964. Dick "Red" Ritch started making Ritch's Brew back in high school and son Randy continues the fuel business today out of a new fuel blending facility north of Houston near Tomball, Texas. The product is shipped worldwide and is credited with winning championships year after year. The fuel is consumed in various events at the U.S. Nationals as well as pylon races here in the U.S. as well as abroad.

After talking with Jim T. Graham we came up with a great additional way for y'all to get your fuel orders to us. (Randy's phone is already ringing with standing orders!) If any of the Flying Giants wants a fuel order delivered to Toledo, PM me with your name and number and we will take your information or you can dial Ritch's Brew direct order line at (713) 661-5458.

We usually take orders up to a week before the shipping deadline to Toledo. (Don't go too far with that!) Phone orders can be processed and paid by credit card before the show. Special show prices will be in effect. Purchases at the Toledo show can be paid by credit card and cash. The last few years at Toledo have been a sell-out event. We hope to see everyone and invite everybody to drop by our booth. See you at the show! WT

Last edited by Jim T.; 03-15-2017 at 11:50 AM..
Old 03-15-2017, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by deadrobmusic
They Call Him Dead
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jun 2007
1,039 Posts
I was going to say you must be a Miles Davis fan. But if you named your fuel back in '64, that would not match up...
deadrobmusic is offline Find More Posts by deadrobmusic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
I'm sorry but this is the worst nitro fuel ever made, more problems, more deadsticks, crashes, migranes and depression can only be attributed to Ritch's Poo.

I swore off nitro because our local club would only buy this fuel in bulk because it was the cheapest and I was convinced that 1 out of every 3 flights on a nitro engine is meant to be a dead stick... That is untill I started using morgan fuels cool power; puft what a difference, you could actually fly for the whole day even on those cheap Chinese super tiger engines.

Yes the fuel was only 11/gallon but not worth it!
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 03-20-2017, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by ace7038
Joined Dec 2015
60 Posts
This is the best fuel of any blending company I have ever used.
ace7038 is offline Find More Posts by ace7038
Old 03-20-2017, 09:15 PM
Find More Posts by 47redwillys
United States, TX, Lakeway
Joined Nov 2016
18 Posts
Maybe they sent the reject stuff to LA. It always ran fine here in Texas.
47redwillys is offline Find More Posts by 47redwillys
Old 03-20-2017, 09:27 PM
Find More Posts by jtec/radiowave
Mooresville, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
2,696 Posts
In 1994 working for a small distributor we were buying and selling Ritch's Brew. It was great than and still a great product!!
jtec/radiowave is offline Find More Posts by jtec/radiowave
Old 03-20-2017, 11:10 PM
Find More Posts by WangoTango
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
5,152 Posts
Okay!

Thanks guys! I've invited Alkaline to give me a call and see what's up with his fuel. I've let him know we've never sold our fuel in bulk. Randy can't remember anything in recent years where we sold fuel for 11 bucks per gallon. I'm sure we'll find out
whats up. We have traveled to folks who have had bad experiences and ran their motors on our product with great results. I've used Ritches Brew since 1974 and I can honestly say I've not experienced a bad drop of fuel in all those years. We'll post our findings on here. Thanks for your support and we'll see you in Toledo.
WT
(Terry Foote)
Ritch's Brew/ Randy's Hobbies
Houston, Tx
WangoTango is offline Find More Posts by WangoTango
Old 03-21-2017, 12:12 AM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Wango,

Our club: redstick rc (baton rouge) bought your guy's fuel in bulk for years up until 2012, the club treasurer guy would buy it from houston and drive it back to sell to local club members.

It was only 11/gallon it used to be 10/gallon up until 2008. The price was unbeatable I will admit vs the 18-23 for morgan fuels.

I don't fly Nitro Any more, in fact many people are flying either electric or gas, but there are some Heli Guys still using nitro and they swear they will not run Ritch's Brew because of issues ranging for tuning to dead stick.

The only guy I know that seems to love this stuff is Raymond David, one of the oldest members that use to fly in the club his old O.S. motors ran fine with it, but this was religious about soaking his engines with Mystery oil after every flight.

Anyway look you guys may have changes the formulation, the fuel I used to have was pinkish not the blue as in the picture.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 03-22-2017, 09:48 PM
Find More Posts by 47redwillys
United States, TX, Lakeway
Joined Nov 2016
18 Posts
When I belonged to the NASA club we would take 5 gallon jugs to the Ritchs location in southwest Houston and buy it in bulk, Early 80's
47redwillys is offline Find More Posts by 47redwillys
Old 04-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Find More Posts by FULLTILT
FULLTILT
United States, TX, Conroe
Joined Oct 2006
348 Posts
Have been running Ritchs Brew since 1977 and still run it today and will be running it tomorrow. Have never had an issue. Use it in the older engines and the new engines, all run great. It has always been great fuel and continues to be. Thanks Dickie and Randy for the great product you guys have provided to the RC community for many many years.
FULLTILT is offline Find More Posts by FULLTILT
Old 04-02-2017, 12:21 AM
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
5,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLTILT View Post
Have been running Ritchs Brew since 1977 and still run it today and will be running it tomorrow. Have never had an issue. Use it in the older engines and the new engines, all run great. It has always been great fuel and continues to be. Thanks Dickie and Randy for the great product you guys have provided to the RC community for many many years.
Thanks Kieth!
I believe we burned a few gallons of RB flying together over at Delmar Stadium way back in the 70's.... Good stuff then and good stuff now! See you at Barnstormers for the Big Bird at the end of the month!
WT
Old 04-03-2017, 07:22 AM
Find More Posts by FULLTILT
FULLTILT
United States, TX, Conroe
Joined Oct 2006
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangoTango View Post
Thanks Kieth!
I believe we burned a few gallons of RB flying together over at Delmar Stadium way back in the 70's.... Good stuff then and good stuff now! See you at Barnstormers for the Big Bird at the end of the month!
WT
Yes sir we have burnt a many gallon. in fact, I still have most of the same motors I had back then. them good ole ST 40X's and pico's and a couple of the OPS's and HB's. all have been ran on RB and still running strong and have never had an issue. still have same bearings, pistons, rings... that speaks highly of the mixture you are using.
No doubt in my mind its good stuff.
Too bad they don't make Gasoline for my Big Birds.....lol
FULLTILT is offline Find More Posts by FULLTILT
Old 04-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Find More Posts by PLANE JIM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Apr 2007
43 Posts
I have used Ritch's Brew for 20 plus years and never had a problem.
PLANE JIM is offline Find More Posts by PLANE JIM
Old 04-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
5,152 Posts
Almost there!

Hello Giants!
We're at a rest stop on I-71 ouside of Louisville. A little drizzle and 45 degrees along with 20-25 mph gusts are greeting us but that's no tall cotton for some high steppers like us. We got a call this morning that the trailer full of fuel was backed into position at the loading dock behind Seagate Center. We'll be setting up our booth around 3 o'clock today. That takes about an hour so some of you Weak Signals members could order up some sunshine and 80 degree weather and we could all go get in a little flying before the sun goes down! Don't we wish! See all
of you there tomorrow!
WT
Old 04-07-2017, 06:15 AM
Find More Posts by ace7038
Joined Dec 2015
60 Posts
I will be seeing you guys tommorrow!!!
ace7038 is offline Find More Posts by ace7038

Quick Reply