logo
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2019, 09:54 PM
Judge is online now
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
Judge's Avatar
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,033 Posts
That's the thing I tell people. There really is no single "right" way to do most anything. Multiple paths to the same outcome. Find one that makes sense to you and it becomes the "right" way for you!!
Judge is online now Find More Posts by Judge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-16-2019, 12:07 PM
dldeuce is offline
Find More Posts by dldeuce
Registered User
United States, TX, Sugar Land
Joined Aug 2013
789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankieb View Post
I did use airbrake and it worked too.
Airbrake, flapperons, and crow braking, all easily controlled in the airbrake menu. With flight conditions, you can do all three. Also useful, you can mix in elevator trim while flapperon is active in the same menu.
dldeuce is offline Find More Posts by dldeuce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2019, 11:51 AM
Frankieb is offline
Find More Posts by Frankieb
Registered User
Frankieb's Avatar
PR
Joined Mar 2007
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
That's the thing I tell people. There really is no single "right" way to do most anything. Multiple paths to the same outcome. Find one that makes sense to you and it becomes the "right" way for you!!
Ok, i get it. Thanks Judge
Frankieb is offline Find More Posts by Frankieb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2019, 11:52 AM
Frankieb is offline
Find More Posts by Frankieb
Registered User
Frankieb's Avatar
PR
Joined Mar 2007
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldeuce View Post
Airbrake, flapperons, and crow braking, all easily controlled in the airbrake menu. With flight conditions, you can do all three. Also useful, you can mix in elevator trim while flapperon is active in the same menu.
Frankieb is offline Find More Posts by Frankieb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2019, 07:37 AM
shorte is online now
Find More Posts by shorte
Registered User
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddiction View Post
My cheapo Taranis has been rock solid for the past 4 years, and its lettering has not rubbed off. I am a long time Futaba fan and owner, but am entirely amazed at how people are rushing to defend defective printing on the 16SZ by implying "well, you don't need that printing anyway".

Wipe-off-able printing would not be acceptable on a $200 Taranis, not acceptable on a $29 coffeemaker, and certainly not acceptable on a $699 list radio.

Gentlemen, it's a defect. Contact Futaba and ask for them to address it.
LOL Guess what I went to pick up my Futaba 16SZ and my labels are all smeared and came off. I am pissed too. This radio is new no oil or anything and Futaba will not sell me a new front.
shorte is online now Find More Posts by shorte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2019, 03:04 PM
haribo is offline
Find More Posts by haribo
Registered User
haribo's Avatar
Joined Dec 2016
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorte View Post
LOL Guess what I went to pick up my Futaba 16SZ and my labels are all smeared and came off.


haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2020, 08:36 PM
Frankieb is offline
Find More Posts by Frankieb
Registered User
Frankieb's Avatar
PR
Joined Mar 2007
118 Posts
Althoug i'm pretty happy with my 16SZ and i think i'll die with it (70 yrs already) im piss of about the lettering smeared. It looks cheap. My 10 yrs old 10CAP looks like new after. About the screen and the speaker sound i dont use them while flying so no problem.

Any anounce by Futaba about the letering?
Frankieb is offline Find More Posts by Frankieb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2020, 10:04 PM
Judge is online now
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
Judge's Avatar
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,033 Posts
None I know of. When I got mine I used some clear nail polish on the letters and 3 years later they are fine. OTOH I am so used to the locations that I don't look at the labels much. The menus where switches are assigned show which switch is which!!
Judge is online now Find More Posts by Judge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2020, 09:21 AM
haribo is offline
Find More Posts by haribo
Registered User
haribo's Avatar
Joined Dec 2016
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankieb View Post
Any anounce by Futaba about the letering?
if it's not a major issue they will never apologize or recognize their fault or even fix it.
I believe it has to do with the manufacturing move from Taiwan to China

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1293

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1291
haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2020, 03:28 PM
Frankieb is offline
Find More Posts by Frankieb
Registered User
Frankieb's Avatar
PR
Joined Mar 2007
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
None I know of. When I got mine I used some clear nail polish on the letters and 3 years later they are fine. OTOH I am so used to the locations that I don't look at the labels much. The menus where switches are assigned show which switch is which!!
I do agree with you. Switch letters are not needed cause menu shows wich is wich, but it looks old and cheap. Mostly when you are a carefull person like me. My one letters are most of them dissapeared so it is too late for me to nail polish them
Frankieb is offline Find More Posts by Frankieb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2020, 03:39 PM
Frankieb is offline
Find More Posts by Frankieb
Registered User
Frankieb's Avatar
PR
Joined Mar 2007
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
if it's not a major issue they will never apologize or recognize their fault or even fix it.
I believe it has to do with the manufacturing move from Taiwan to China

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1293

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1291
This is another issue that i do not like about Futaba. After i bought the 16SZ i asked Futaba Service to send my old 10CAP to check for and the person there told me they were not able to repair it because it was an old transmitter and they had no spare parts for it. First, about 10 month before that the radio was still available in stock. 2nd how could he knows if it needed repair before inspect it.

Any way i've beeing with Futaba al my RC life and i'm still be. But right now i'm mad about Futaba service
Frankieb is offline Find More Posts by Frankieb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2020, 03:49 PM
RCAddiction is online now
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Registered User
RCAddiction's Avatar
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
1,445 Posts
Tony Stillman at Radio South might be able to repair your 10C. He did a couple of things for me over the years on my 9CAP



https://radiosouthrc.com/
RCAddiction is online now Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2020, 08:00 PM
Truckracer is offline
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Registered User
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
5,691 Posts
I'm a Futaba guy but sometimes you just have to wonder what goes through their little pea sized brains. How can a product be so good in so many respects but so lacking in other areas .... such as service and responding to customer needs. Sometimes you just have to shake your head then go Hmmmmmm!
Truckracer is offline Find More Posts by Truckracer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2020, 12:16 PM
Frankieb is offline
Find More Posts by Frankieb
Registered User
Frankieb's Avatar
PR
Joined Mar 2007
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddiction View Post
Tony Stillman at Radio South might be able to repair your 10C. He did a couple of things for me over the years on my 9CAP



https://radiosouthrc.com/
Thank you rcaddict
Frankieb is offline Find More Posts by Frankieb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2020, 12:18 PM
Frankieb is offline
Find More Posts by Frankieb
Registered User
Frankieb's Avatar
PR
Joined Mar 2007
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckracer View Post
I'm a Futaba guy but sometimes you just have to wonder what goes through their little pea sized brains. How can a product be so good in so many respects but so lacking in other areas .... such as service and responding to customer needs. Sometimes you just have to shake your head then go Hmmmmmm!
Guess your right, hope this new probably young Futaba service staff find the right way
Frankieb is offline Find More Posts by Frankieb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools