logo
Old 03-13-2019, 09:05 AM
Find More Posts by Four Stroker
Joined Jan 2008
640 Posts
I have been around a long long time and can report that RC equipment is NOT more reliable than it used to be. I flew the old AM on 72 from 1970 to 1990 or so and never had a single glitch. People routinely buy new transmitters, bind to old flying planes, and CRASH. Explain that.

Now 27 MHz was a disaster since CB's would shoot you down just for fun. Now we have s/w bugs and a lack of quality control and testing.
Four Stroker is offline Find More Posts by Four Stroker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-13-2019, 11:46 AM
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
Joined Dec 2006
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers View Post
Probably not gonna gain any traction in a Spektrum thread. Why don't you start a poll in a new thread. I'm sure Zb would love to join that party. I for one don't give two you know what's about Jeti and I bet there are several others reading this thread that feel the same.
The whole brand bashing thing on this forum is so ridiculous. He mentioned he liked the heft and quality feel the 12x has, I mentioned I had the 12x and feel that the Jeti offers a similar feel. The complete opposite feel of the DX20. I have experience with all 3 radios in question so I offered an opinion, which the same as you, Iím entitled to do.

You all need to relax with the brand and personal attacks. I donít give a damn what brand you fly, JR, Jeti, Spektrum, EF, hobbico, I donít care, letís go flying and when weíre done we can have a beer and talk about what great pilots we are, or arenít.
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Old 03-13-2019, 12:35 PM
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
The whole brand bashing thing on this forum is so ridiculous. He mentioned he liked the heft and quality feel the 12x has, I mentioned I had the 12x and feel that the Jeti offers a similar feel. The complete opposite feel of the DX20. I have experience with all 3 radios in question so I offered an opinion, which the same as you, Iím entitled to do.

You all need to relax with the brand and personal attacks. I donít give a damn what brand you fly, JR, Jeti, Spektrum, EF, hobbico, I donít care, letís go flying and when weíre done we can have a beer and talk about what great pilots we are, or arenít.
The problem is that Jeti guy's that actually like them seem to be on some sort of mission inserting themselves in every radio related discussion as if we're supposed to care. Then get all offended like you did here when it backfires. If it works for you, fantastic, we don't care. The system speaks for itself and there is a reason many of us dislike it.
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 03-13-2019, 12:58 PM
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
Joined Dec 2006
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryscustom View Post
The problem is that Jeti guy's that actually like them seem to be on some sort of mission inserting themselves in every radio related discussion as if we're supposed to care. Then get all offended like you did here when it backfires. If it works for you, fantastic, we don't care. The system speaks for itself and there is a reason many of us dislike it.
I’m not “offended”, it’s dissapointing what these forums have become.

You can say “if it works for you, fantastic, we don’t care” about any brand or any subject on here and at that point you might as well shut the whole forum down. You’re taking this far too seriously!!
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Last edited by camss69; 03-13-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:42 PM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
8,076 Posts
Quote:
+1
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 03-13-2019, 02:14 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
4,485 Posts
The rumor is that as noted here, that the rx is the problem with the availability of the DX20 with the AR9020 rx that is not being made anymore. I see lots of speculation on the forums, but nothing from Horizon on the issue and why they can't just either include an AR9030 rx or sell the tx alone. Any of you guys got any connections at Horizon who might answer the question? Anyone tried calling Horizon? Just trying to help as I've already got a DX20 and I quite like the beastie.
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 03-13-2019, 02:26 PM
Find More Posts by hpdrifter
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
WRONG, period. Jeti is cumbersome and the organization of programming is literally a dumpster fire of disorganization. Lastly it feels like an aluminum pizza box. Get all that sorted out and they may have something.

SO WRONG!

Nice example of how little you know about Jeti. Jeti has an option where you can custom organize the programming to your liking. Go to Main Menu and press the F3 "User" button. Lastly, the feel is just like I like it. It remains me my 9ZA, 10X and 12X. It has a nice heft to it.
hpdrifter is offline Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Old 03-13-2019, 02:46 PM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2015
581 Posts
Personally not keen to heavy radios. As much as a strap seems to help for what ever reason I don’t tend to use it. I even took the trays off my MC20 and shortened the sticks so I could hand hold it. Just too impatient to use a strap I guess. Not having to hold a heavy radio is a plus for me.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old 03-13-2019, 03:59 PM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,752 Posts
Quote:
WRONG, period. Jeti is cumbersome and the organization of programming is literally a dumpster fire of disorganization.
"Dumpster fire of disorganization" good one
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Old 03-13-2019, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by Carruthers43
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Aug 2010
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
The rumor is that as noted here, that the rx is the problem with the availability of the DX20 with the AR9020 rx that is not being made anymore. I see lots of speculation on the forums, but nothing from Horizon on the issue and why they can't just either include an AR9030 rx or sell the tx alone. Any of you guys got any connections at Horizon who might answer the question? Anyone tried calling Horizon? Just trying to help as I've already got a DX20 and I quite like the beastie.
called horizon, the DX20 is in fact no longer in production. all previous back orders have been cancelled. if you had one on order it is no longer on order. something is not right here. spektrum also confirmed this saying "the radio was to be discontinued long ago, and they have a replacement coming LATE SUMMER." therefore saying if you are a spektrum customer and in need of something more than 12 channels we don't really care.
Carruthers43 is offline Find More Posts by Carruthers43
Old 03-13-2019, 05:53 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
4,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers43 View Post
called horizon, the DX20 is in fact no longer in production. all previous back orders have been cancelled. if you had one on order it is no longer on order. something is not right here. spektrum also confirmed this saying "the radio was to be discontinued long ago, and they have a replacement coming LATE SUMMER." therefore saying if you are a spektrum customer and in need of something more than 12 channels we don't really care.
Curious, what is the production life cycle of the average Spektrum transmitter? How long was the DX20 produced? I'm not a Spek user but thought the DX20 was a very nice transmitter.

Strange, Futaba radios seem to stay in production longer than some would like, Spektrum less than what some would like. Quite a contrast between the two and I don't really mean anything by that statement other than the face value.
Truckracer is offline Find More Posts by Truckracer
Old 03-13-2019, 05:57 PM
Find More Posts by Carruthers43
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Aug 2010
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckracer View Post
Curious, what is the production life cycle of the average Spektrum transmitter? How long was the DX20 produced? I'm not a Spek user but thought the DX20 was a very nice transmitter.

Strange, Futaba radios seem to stay in production longer than some would like, Spektrum less than what some would like. Quite a contrast between the two and I don't really mean anything by that statement other than the face value.
totally agree, the 14sg and 18mz have been around quite a while
Carruthers43 is offline Find More Posts by Carruthers43
Old 03-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2015
581 Posts
Something must have come up. I can't imagine there were many produced. Kind of hard to realize the development cost with such a short production run.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old 03-13-2019, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by haribo
Joined Dec 2016
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckracer View Post
Curious, what is the production life cycle of the average Spektrum transmitter?
first release = 2012
DX18 G1
DX18 G2
DX18 QQ
DX18 SE
discontinued = 2017

first release = 2016
DX20 G1
recall 1
recall 2 (unknown reason)
discontinued = 2018
haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Old 03-13-2019, 06:44 PM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
Iím not ďoffendedĒ, itís dissapointing what these forums have become.

You can say ďif it works for you, fantastic, we donít careĒ about any brand or any subject on here and at that point you might as well shut the whole forum down. Youíre taking this far too seriously!!
+1

The DX20 was significantly delayed in release and then had two recalls. Train wreck.

I bought your JR xg11, works great for me.
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer

Quick Reply