logo
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2008, 09:00 PM
bigredav2002 is offline
Find More Posts by bigredav2002
Joined Jan 2006
180 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

Robert, you're slipping a little, that pic is from 2006 cuz I was hangin' with ya'll(with my "wingman" 50%) at 2007 FFT and Jerry wasn't there. Anyway just razzin' ya, I hope to drive down for April 19. The wife wants to do some house shopping in those parts on the east side of Raleigh.
Larry Im one of the ones on Pauls list for Webra's and waiting on UPS to drop off the OUTLAW
Hope to see you guys and Josh and Jay on April 19th(and all the other RDRC gang)
bigredav2002 is offline Find More Posts by bigredav2002
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-27-2008, 09:40 PM
jaybenson is offline
Find More Posts by jaybenson
Joined Sep 2006
414 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

Sorry I missed the meeting Larry. But if you hadn't used 5 min. epoxy when I used 30, I wouldn't have had to stay home and catch up. The fins and hatch fit was perfect.
jaybenson is offline Find More Posts by jaybenson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2008, 10:57 PM
CSpaced is offline
Find More Posts by CSpaced
Team PAU
CSpaced's Avatar
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jul 2006
4,903 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

Looking good! Are you putting a mousse can on there? If so, what are you going to mount it to?(other than the header)
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2008, 11:06 PM
RobertV is offline
Find More Posts by RobertV
increasing thrust........
RobertV's Avatar
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2006
7,139 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFlatout View Post
Can anyone pick out the pretty one. LOL. j/k Sweet pic
I'm secure in my masculinity but you got me....I recall once having Larry rag me for my scale pink Sukhoi, then he used the scheme too!


Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredav2002 View Post
Robert, you're slipping a little, that pic is from 2006 cuz I was hangin' with ya'll(with my "wingman" 50%) at 2007 FFT and Jerry wasn't there. Anyway just razzin' ya, I hope to drive down for April 19. The wife wants to do some house shopping in those parts on the east side of Raleigh.
Larry Im one of the ones on Pauls list for Webra's and waiting on UPS to drop off the OUTLAW
Hope to see you guys and Josh and Jay on April 19th(and all the other RDRC gang)
Yep, it WAS 2006, and that was the 6-way Outlaw flight event. Get yours going and we'll beat the record at RDRC April 19!
RobertV is offline Find More Posts by RobertV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Larry Lewis is offline
Find More Posts by Larry Lewis
Registered User
Larry Lewis's Avatar
Raleigh NC
Joined Jan 2006
2,887 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

CSpaced
We build our own mousse cans muffs, and use the "Dave Brown" tuned pipe mount to hold it. We'll get picks of that as well. Just got in from our club meeting, and didnt get any building done tonight. Unlike My Team Mates!!!!!
Robert, Jay,,,,,,,you two are slackers!!!! By the way, it was a GREAT meeting. Everyone got to hold NIB Outlaws and a nearly completed one. Everyone loved what they saw.
Larry Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Larry Lewis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2008, 11:35 PM
CSpaced is offline
Find More Posts by CSpaced
Team PAU
CSpaced's Avatar
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jul 2006
4,903 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lewis View Post
CSpaced
We build our own mousse cans muffs, and use the "Dave Brown" tuned pipe mount to hold it. We'll get picks of that as well.
Thats cool, maybe one of you guys could post a short tutorial on how to build a mousse can muffler? (if you can squeeze it in being as your outlaw's are taking sooooo long to build )...maybe some pics too? You know, for future outlaw owners...
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2008, 11:53 PM
DR10044 is offline
Find More Posts by DR10044
George
DR10044's Avatar
United States, KY, Elizabethtown
Joined Mar 2007
841 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

Just ordered one today. I will be running an OS 32. What is the advantage of a mousse can over a Mac header and tuned pipe? I second the request on instructions and pics on building the cans.
DR10044 is offline Find More Posts by DR10044
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 08:48 AM
jongurley is offline
Find More Posts by jongurley
Vess Propellers!
jongurley's Avatar
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
3,474 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

Were can you buy a webra .36 from, I can't find them anywhere,
jongurley is offline Find More Posts by jongurley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 08:50 AM
CSpaced is offline
Find More Posts by CSpaced
Team PAU
CSpaced's Avatar
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jul 2006
4,903 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

As Larry said earlier, try www.swanyshouse.com for Webra's...

edit: just checked, they only list the .32's you probably wont notice much of a difference between the 32 and 36. Maybe give them a call and see if they have the 36?
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 08:53 AM
RobertV is offline
Find More Posts by RobertV
increasing thrust........
RobertV's Avatar
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2006
7,139 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR10044 View Post
Just ordered one today. I will be running an OS 32. What is the advantage of a mousse can over a Mac header and tuned pipe? I second the request on instructions and pics on building the cans.
The mousse can muffler is much lighter than a pipe (important), still adds significant power over a stock muffler, and most importantly for the type of flying you do with the Outlaw, it provides substantial fuel pressure so that you can pull as hard as you want yet the motor never even coughs! This also gives you instant throttle response.

Having flown (and observed others flying) this setup for several years on many different airplanes from Competition Fun-Fly planes, to .46 powered performance sport planes, to 1.20 sized profile planes, I can honestly say that it absolutely "perked up" each and every one of them! I wouldn't use anything else on a glow airplane, especially the Outlaw!
RobertV is offline Find More Posts by RobertV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 09:02 AM
RobertV is offline
Find More Posts by RobertV
increasing thrust........
RobertV's Avatar
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2006
7,139 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongurley View Post
Were can you buy a webra .36 from, I can't find them anywhere,
Yes, go right here to get a WEBRA .32 . And the performance difference hasn't been noticable between the .32 and .36 on the RDRC Outlaws.
RobertV is offline Find More Posts by RobertV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 12:57 PM
jongurley is offline
Find More Posts by jongurley
Vess Propellers!
jongurley's Avatar
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
3,474 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

Yeh I looked at swanyhouse, but I was just going to go ahead and get a .36,, but I might have to settle for a .32,,,
jongurley is offline Find More Posts by jongurley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 03:24 PM
DR10044 is offline
Find More Posts by DR10044
George
DR10044's Avatar
United States, KY, Elizabethtown
Joined Mar 2007
841 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
The mousse can muffler is much lighter than a pipe (important), still adds significant power over a stock muffler, and most importantly for the type of flying you do with the Outlaw, it provides substantial fuel pressure so that you can pull as hard as you want yet the motor never even coughs! This also gives you instant throttle response.

Having flown (and observed others flying) this setup for several years on many different airplanes from Competition Fun-Fly planes, to .46 powered performance sport planes, to 1.20 sized profile planes, I can honestly say that it absolutely "perked up" each and every one of them! I wouldn't use anything else on a glow airplane, especially the Outlaw!
Thanks Robertv. Does anyone sell the cans or do you have to make your own?

George
DR10044 is offline Find More Posts by DR10044
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Larry Lewis is offline
Find More Posts by Larry Lewis
Registered User
Larry Lewis's Avatar
Raleigh NC
Joined Jan 2006
2,887 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

George
We'll be doing a mousse can build on here as well. I havent had any time to work in the shop the last two days, but should return to "Larry Land" (my shop) tonight!
Also, I talked with Jerry L Smith last week, and he'll be selling pre-built units with or with out header for those wanting them. Im waiting on the info/ pics from him now, so I can include them in the build thread.
Larry Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Larry Lewis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Larry Lewis is offline
Find More Posts by Larry Lewis
Registered User
Larry Lewis's Avatar
Raleigh NC
Joined Jan 2006
2,887 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSpaced View Post
Thats cool, maybe one of you guys could post a short tutorial on how to build a mousse can muffler? (if you can squeeze it in being as your outlaw's are taking sooooo long to build )...maybe some pics too? You know, for future outlaw owners...
No Kid'n!!! lol
Actually, I havent had the chance to work in my shop the last two nights. Kids ball Games, Meetings etc. Im headed back in there tonight!
Larry Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Larry Lewis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FG Rowing Crew/Boat Race team Victorious! SleepyC Chit Chat 22 02-14-2007 10:33 AM