logo
Old 11-09-2019, 01:36 AM
Find More Posts by Maxmotoring
Sydney Australia
Joined Oct 2006
25 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 18 MZ WC query

When I select a switch for Conditions the switch selection page shows the On/Off prompt allowing to set the appropriate positions ( the user manual shows this ).
When I do this for the ignition switch the switch selection does not show the On/Off prompt but rather the Group/Single prompt. The switch I have used for ignition is SC. The choke is on SB and I get the same screen.
Am I doing something wrong or is a possible software issue with the Tx.
A couple of photos showing the user manual screen depiction and the screen as it appears on the Tx.
Maxmotoring is offline Find More Posts by Maxmotoring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-09-2019, 03:52 AM
Find More Posts by Badams
Work 2 days, Fly 5 days.
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2006
1,383 Posts
If I am understanding correctly you are wondering why you don't have the On/Off switch selection screen for the ignition and choke functions.
These would only go to either -100 or +100. So to change the on/off position of the switch, you simply reverse that channel.
Hope this helps.
Badams is offline Find More Posts by Badams
Old 11-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
4,484 Posts
Why use a condition for a single function on a switch?

The "Group/Single" question is asking if you want the setting to be the same in various conditions or set independently for each condition.
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 11-09-2019, 10:54 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
4,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Why use a condition for a single function on a switch?

The "Group/Single" question is asking if you want the setting to be the same in various conditions or set independently for each condition.
A single function on a switch or a condition can be one and the same. I have conditions where the only difference between one condition and another condition is one switch setting. I really don't need another condition in this case, but it gives me a different titled condition in programming so there is some benefit to doing it that way.
Truckracer is offline Find More Posts by Truckracer
Old 11-10-2019, 12:25 AM
Find More Posts by Maxmotoring
Sydney Australia
Joined Oct 2006
25 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I probably didn’t explain it clearly enough. I only used the condition as an example as when a condition is added it asks for the switch to activate it which when selected gives an on/off selection. The user manual leads one to believe whenever a switch selection is made ( for whatever ) there is a corresponding on/off selection available to be user defined.
This is not always the case but notwithstanding I have it sorted with the chosen switches activating the functions. Thanks again for your advice.
Maxmotoring is offline Find More Posts by Maxmotoring
Old 11-10-2019, 12:51 AM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
11,481 Posts
I'll chime in. I use conditions on my gliders to set the trailing edge for different flight regimes. I use the trim mix to do this. I also set it up as a condition so I can have a unique elevator trim in that condition. I use the same switch to enable the condition and to turn on the mix.

I set the direction for the condition and then the direction for the actual mix.

However, when I do this with the ignition it is simply assigned to a channel and I use the servo reverse menu to make sure the switch operates correctly. I also use the same switch for the condition that is an engine off condition. For that the condition menu is used to set the direction of the switch to turn the condition on.
Judge is online now Find More Posts by Judge
Old 11-12-2019, 03:33 AM
Find More Posts by apereira
Espaņa, Comunidad de Madrid, Madrid
Joined Jul 2006
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmotoring View Post
Thanks for the replies. I probably didn’t explain it clearly enough. I only used the condition as an example as when a condition is added it asks for the switch to activate it which when selected gives an on/off selection. The user manual leads one to believe whenever a switch selection is made ( for whatever ) there is a corresponding on/off selection available to be user defined.
This is not always the case but notwithstanding I have it sorted with the chosen switches activating the functions. Thanks again for your advice.
I understand yout sorted it out, but just want to comment that the on/off will only show when you select the switch to activate a condition but not whithin the condition.

I am not sure if that was your doubt?
apereira is offline Find More Posts by apereira

Quick Reply