Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Melbourne, FL
Joined Sep 2007
142 Posts
The servo balance is in the servo setup menu. From the main screen:
Menu
Model
Servo setup
Servo balance is the last item on the page.

Danny
F1 Rocket is offline Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by asimatt
Joined Dec 2011
244 Posts
That's good service Danny!!!!!!!
asimatt is offline Find More Posts by asimatt
Old 11-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Find More Posts by Jedei120
Orange, Texas
Joined Dec 2007
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynbulldog View Post
I just finished setting up a giant Cub on my XP9303, I did it without looking at the manual, This was not my radio (I flew a 10X) and I haven't touched a radio in over 8 years.

After doing that I started looking at the DS16 and I gotta say, the Jeti is going to take some in-depth study to figure out how to set up a plane - it is not intuitive

The DS16 has so many features and options that setting up a plane could take some time - days - weeks even. not sure I'm game for all that.
When setting up the wing type don't let the manual confuse you! It talk's about the number of servos on aileron's and flaps. I don't think that's what your suppose to be thinking when setting up wing type. I think its more of how many flaps and/or how many ailerons are on the aircraft not how many servos on each surface. The number of servos you desire per surface comes into play in the assignment screen. Thats my understanding of wing type and possibly the same goes for tail type. I have not received mine yet so I gathered this from reading posts and reading the manual. I'm betting after a good study of the manual and setting up a couple aircraft and getting use to the system you will be just as fast to produce a setup as you are with the more familiar JR programming. I have a 12X and it took some digging too initially trying to figure out just how the hell they were allocating their 4-Aileron setup channels. But now its familiar and I could do it blind folded.
Jedei120 is offline Find More Posts by Jedei120
Last edited by Jedei120; 11-01-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Orange, Texas
Joined Dec 2007
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
The servo balance is in the servo setup menu. From the main screen:
Menu
Model
Servo setup
Servo balance is the last item on the page.

Danny
I wish they would have their servo balance programming built in such a way that a person wouldn't have to hold a stick at a desired adjustment point (e.g. 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%). I don't like the same on the JR 12X. First time using servo balance on the 12X it was very apparent that trying to hold a stick position and make adjustments to a servo at the same time was nonsense. Why can't someone build the programming to where you simply make a selection on your adjustment point and the system sends the instruction to hold the servos at that position while you make adjustments to the one your attempting to align?

Also on a three servo aileron my JR 12X only allows the additional alignment points (balancing) on one servo per aileron. I don't think that's the case with the JETI. I think with the JETI servo balance programming you can do it to ANY servo. Balancing is a superb feature to have when encountering mismatching mechanical geometry such as in a tapered thickness wing. Assuming the manufacturer didn't account for it with varying dimensions on the holes in the horns. In the mismatching geometry scenario just matching centers and endpoints isn't enough as binding occurs as the servo moves away from center towards each endpoint!
Last edited by Jedei120; 11-01-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Find More Posts by orthobird
I hammer at 1500 feet
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Apr 2012
8,288 Posts
i am about to make the jump. what is difference between the Jeti DS and the Jeti DC tx?

also, i am a JR/Spektrum type of guy.

i will switch one plane one by one, and then get rid of my DX 18 and the JR 9503.

let's start with my 1st airplane. it is a 60 cc airplane.
which onboard electronics do i need to replace the JR power safe receiver 922 with two batteries and soft switch. bearing in mind i need the following channels:
1. 5 for the surfaces (2 elevators, 2 ailerons, & 1 rudder)
2. 1 throttle
3. 1 for the tech aero IBEC
4. 1 for the DCUP cricket
5. 1 for the demon cortex

i probable can get rid of the D-cup?

thank you all, i would appreciate your input / advice.
orthobird is offline Find More Posts by orthobird
Old 02-07-2014, 01:51 AM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,507 Posts
The ds is the hand held style and the DC is the tray radio
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 02-07-2014, 07:05 AM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
2,887 Posts
The Central Box 200 would be the closest match to your Power-safe receiver: http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-cent...ceivers-2.aspx. The central box provides all the functions of the power safe plus overload protection on each servo, voltage and capacity telemetry for each receiver battery, etc. The version I linked includes 2, R3/RSW receivers. There is also a less expensive version that doesn't include any receivers which ends up costing more in the end.

I would recommend that you also pick up or make a couple of these assuming you have EC3s on your receiver batteries: https://duraliteflightsystems.com/in...product_id=325. There is also a version for Deans to MPX if your recevier batteries have deans connectors. The Central box has locking tabs on the multiplex power connectors and they can be a pain to remove at the end of the days flying. It's much simpler to unplug the EC3s at the battery than trying to unplug the MPX from the central box.

As someone else already said, the DS16 is a hand held transmitter where the DC16 is for use with a tray. They also are going to be releasing a DS14 soon this has a plastic case, plastic gimbals and no accelerometers, which will cost a few hundred less. The DS16 carbon version costs about $300 more and has no additional features other then using a carbon fiber faceplate.
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Last edited by wfield0455; 02-07-2014 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:18 AM
I hammer at 1500 feet
Joined Apr 2012
8,288 Posts
thank you Wayne. my batteries are deans plugs. looked and could not find those. i can, however, make those. the MPX side is more difficult due to how small the pins are to solder.

Wayne, i was looking at that central box. i want battery redundancy, and it looks like that can deliver. but, it comes with 2 3 channel receivers. looks like i would need a 3rd one. since, i need 5 channels for the surfaces, 1 for throttle, that makes 6. then i need one for the IBEC and one for the demon cortex. so i would need a 3rd 3 channel receiver. looks like it would get expensive.

i guess i would offset the cost with selling my power safe receiver. i am sure those will sell fast. i have 3 royal spectrum power boxes, and 4 power safe receivers. so i guess, once i do the switch and convert each plane one by one, and sell the receivers for spectrum/jr i have now, it would not be that bad after all.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:23 AM
Find More Posts by Parakos
Sverige, Stockholm
Joined Sep 2012
165 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the 3ch receivers you get suplied with central box will work exactly as the RSat2's we use here in Europe with the CB. You just change the settings in the Jetibox meny for the receiver and change the number of ppm channels to the amount you need, for exampel 16channels. When I first connected my RSat2's to the CB I only had 8 working channels until I found the setting in the receiver and changed that.

When the 3ch receiver is connected to the CB it will work as a satelite receiver and number of channels printed on the receiver doesn't matter.

You also need to change the transmitter mode to "Dual path" to take advantage of the dual receiver setup.
Parakos is offline Find More Posts by Parakos
Last edited by Parakos; 02-07-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Joined Oct 2007
2,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthobird View Post
thank you Wayne. my batteries are deans plugs. looked and could not find those. i can, however, make those. the MPX side is more difficult due to how small the pins are to solder.

Wayne, i was looking at that central box. i want battery redundancy, and it looks like that can deliver. but, it comes with 2 3 channel receivers. looks like i would need a 3rd one. since, i need 5 channels for the surfaces, 1 for throttle, that makes 6. then i need one for the IBEC and one for the demon cortex. so i would need a 3rd 3 channel receiver. looks like it would get expensive.

i guess i would offset the cost with selling my power safe receiver. i am sure those will sell fast. i have 3 royal spectrum power boxes, and 4 power safe receivers. so i guess, once i do the switch and convert each plane one by one, and sell the receivers for spectrum/jr i have now, it would not be that bad after all.
Heres a link to the MPX to deans version in case you're interested: https://duraliteflightsystems.com/in...product_id=125

The central box, with 2 R3/RSW receivers will fully support all of the servo ports on the central box 200. While the R3/RSW receivers only have 3 servo outputs, they can pass the entire 15 channels to the central box via the EX Bus and can be used as satellite receivers for even the highest channel count Jeti receivers. All of the smaller channel count receivers can either work as a main receiver and drive as limited number of servos (R3 drives, 3 servos, R5 can drive 5 servos, etc) or can also be used as a satellite and provide redundancy for however many channels the main receiver supports.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Joined Oct 2007
2,887 Posts
I'll offer one other piece of advise, before you setup your first model, try to start with a clean slate. I've heard a number of people say that this radio is difficult to program or that the interface isn't intuitive but I have to respectfully disagree. If you expect it to be exactly like your previous transmitter and constantly try to do things the exact same way you always have, it may get frustrating. Instead, if you try to understand the features that the transmitter offers and think about how you might use them to make life simpler things will quickly start to make more sense. Rather than trying to "do everything for you" in a singe step like JR and Spektrum seem to do, the DS16 provides the most flexibility. For example, the Spektrum DX18 provides the wing type menu which provides a number of wing types such as 2, Aileron, 4, Aileron, etc. If you need 6 Aileron servos, and there is no menu item, you are forced to chose the closest and then implement mixes, etc to get the remaining aileron servos working. On the Jeti, you would select that you simply have 2, Ailerons. You then use the servo assignment feature to assign the Aileron 1 function to as many servos as are needed for your right Aileron and Aileron 2 to as many servo channels as you need for your left aileron. Simple and makes perfect sense, it's just different than the DX18 and requires a servo function assignment step but in the long run is more versatile as it allows you to connect as many servos as you want to each aileron. Just keep an open mind and ask questions if you run into something you don't understand and things will quickly start to make sense. Once you get used to the way things are done you'll quickly see just how flexible, versatile and intuitive the DS16 actually is.

Another thing to realize is that the Jeti, for a given servo endpoint setting will cause the servo to move farther than JR, Futaba and Spektrum do. When moving your models over from say a DX18, if your servo end point was +/- 100% in the DX18 start with about +/- 80% in the Jeti and then measure your control surface movements and fine tune them..
Last edited by wfield0455; 02-07-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Orange, Texas
Joined Dec 2007
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthobird View Post
i am about to make the jump. what is difference between the Jeti DS and the Jeti DC tx?

also, i am a JR/Spektrum type of guy.

i will switch one plane one by one, and then get rid of my DX 18 and the JR 9503.

let's start with my 1st airplane. it is a 60 cc airplane.
which onboard electronics do i need to replace the JR power safe receiver 922 with two batteries and soft switch. bearing in mind i need the following channels:
1. 5 for the surfaces (2 elevators, 2 ailerons, & 1 rudder)
2. 1 throttle
3. 1 for the tech aero IBEC
4. 1 for the DCUP cricket
5. 1 for the demon cortex

i probable can get rid of the D-cup?

thank you all, i would appreciate your input / advice.
Just curious what has motivated your decision?
Old 02-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Orange, Texas
Joined Dec 2007
322 Posts
I would suggest buying from http://www.circlecityhelis.com. At a minimum get these items for that first bird:

(1) JETI DUPLEX DS-16 Transmitter
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...nly-radio.aspx

(1) Central Box 200
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-cent...ic-switch.aspx

(3) R3/RSW Receiver/RC Switch's - Use two for the Central Box 200 and & one for a wireless switch!
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...telemetry.aspx

(1) JETI USB Telemetry Adapter
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-tele...b-adapter.aspx

You will need the Telemetry Adapter for firmware updates.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:49 PM
I hammer at 1500 feet
Joined Apr 2012
8,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedei120 View Post
Just curious what has motivated your decision?
I was interested in, after having read a review on this Tx on our AMA magazine about 1 to 2 years ago, for quite a while in this transmitter. I originally had a Jr 9503 when i got back in to flying 3 1/2 years ago. this Tx was good, however, as i moved up to bigger airplanes with more servos, i eventually purchased the DX 18, and found the JR 9503 to become obsolete. just recently, i have obtained 3 very small electric micro helicopters, and i am using the 9503 for them. i removed the ratchet from the throttle on the 9503. so, i still have not answered your question, and i do not want to offend anyone. i will tell you that i have been interested in a very high quality radio for quite some time now, and the more i read about the Jeti, the more interested i become. I really wanted to get a Futaba 14 or 18 channel, but for the price, i feel the Jeti is better. again, i do not want to offend anyone with my statements, bear in mind, the last time i had futaba radios was back in the 1980's. LOL, long time ago. so i have never owned a recent Futaba radio, and i do not have any experience with them. With that being said, and i do not want to sound like a copycat person, but, i have noticed that some of the highly competitive pilots are using Jeti, and some of the "better" airframe distributors are also "promoting" this Tx. again, i am not trying to offend anyone or making any statements regarding this or anything else to make anyone make any statements. i am merely saying, granted, i am not a great pilot or anything near to that, and i know the transmitter will not make my flying better or as good as others, as that comes from brain, eye, hand coordination and wiring thru axons / white mater / grey mater. But, i would like to have, what i think is the best, to give me the best opportunity. seems like Jeti can get me there. And, i really do not know, since i have never held one in my hand. i have just ordered about 2322 dollars worth of radio / receivers / telemetry / etc... for my 1st airplane, and i will be more than glad, if anyone is interested, to describe my venture, coming from a simple airplane enthusiast as myself..
Old 02-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Orange, Texas
Joined Dec 2007
322 Posts
Ortho,

I myself was a JR individual and currently own a less than a year old JR 12X DSMX transmitter which flies my Ultimate 120cc. Now own a JETI DS-16 Carbon face. I have found that fully reading the manuals on EVERYTHING a couple times is a good starter. The dedicated forum on RCGROUPS is another wealth of information. Then phone calls to Danny or ZB at Esprit provided answers to some final questions I had. Now that I have acclimated myself to the system its awesome. I love the wireless switching for the onboard Central Box 200. I love the telemetry feedback to the transmitter. No BS telemetry, telemetry that actually works! Also for large scale planes mapping ganged servos is a breeze! Way more robust than my JR ever though about being. The servo balancing can be done on any output not just one servo on an aileron as in my 12X. Don't expect to figure it all out by yourself. That's probably not going to happen without help from a JETI owner or Esprit.

Quick Reply