Old 11-16-2014, 09:39 PM
Find More Posts by RV7guy
Chandler, AZ
Joined Feb 2007
87 Posts
Great Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlebravo View Post
Pilot does a great job! Minimal damage it appears.........Love the flight suit....

[URL]http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=280269662&ref=articlevidmod&sec=507182[/URL

CB
The owner/pilot is a neighbor of mine at Stellar Airpark in Chandler AZ (P19). Haven't heard yet on the depth of the damage.

I fly medical helicopters and was en route to Phx with a patient and was approaching Stellar. I saw the Mustang in the area but didn't hear any communications. Tried calling but no answer. I noticed the left main was not fully extended but only saw if for a few seconds. Thought he might just be setting up for an approach.

Later I learned from one of our other pilots who also flies for the news that they were doing a promo for the Copperstate fly in when the incident occurred. The news helicopter and the Mustang were in communication and trouble shooting. The news helicopter was calling those knowledgeable in Mustangs to see if there was anything they could do beyond the Emergency Procedures. Nothing worked and the pilot opted to go to Gateway airport. (Formerly Williams AFB) After a couple of approaches the set up and cut the engine after clearing the numbers. Despite the situation he radioed, "This will be a full stop."

I'll see if I can find out the extent of the damage.
RV7guy is offline Find More Posts by RV7guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-26-2014, 09:05 AM
Find More Posts by AHicks
Joined May 2009
1,680 Posts
Those that have, and those that will.....
AHicks is offline Find More Posts by AHicks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply