logo
This thread is privately moderated by woodendesk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Find More Posts by woodendesk
United States, PA, Delta
Joined Sep 2015
70 Posts
Gallery
PAU 35cc Edge 540 T

Following a promotion at work, I wanted to take the opportunity to build a plane for myself.I always wanted a PAU edge since realflight 6.5. I did research on the brand and found that the plane had everything I wanted. competition proven airframes, lightweight construction, excellent build quality. I researched the prototype of the 540T 35cc and fell in love. Tseres was my go to for the build when i had questions or wasnt sure how to approach a specific aspect of the build. I purchased all the same servos and motor the prototype had. Nothing but the best for this plane. during the build I ran into issues with the DA motor: the carb adjustments would vibrate out of the tune a friend and I had done. I ended up shrinkwrapping the adjustment screws to alleviate the problem, this solved my issue. This plane flys on rails and is light to the touch on the ground during landing. Thank you to Herve LaJeune for providing a great product!!

PAU 35cc Edge 540 T
No Limitz Carbon Spinner
XOAR 20 X 10 green tip prop Carbon
DA 35
Jtec Muffler
All MKS servos (same as prototype)
Fromeco 7.4 LioNs (2)
Smart fly Batt share
Green tygon fuel line
Green wire loom
PAU fuel tank
Miracle (black) plug, switch, fuel dot panel
RCXEL optical Kill
B and E Graphix
Callie Graphics MT Propeller logo
woodendesk is offline Find More Posts by woodendesk
Last edited by woodendesk; 06-18-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-11-2018, 01:31 PM
Find More Posts by Woodwalker
Joined Dec 2017
1 Posts
I am looking at getting the PAU edge and setting it up with about the same equipment you used, how did the build go and how does quality compare to extreme flight? About the only difference in equipment I am looking at is adding the Demon Cortex gyro, do you think this would be a good option or does it handle the wind good without it?
Woodwalker is offline Find More Posts by Woodwalker
Old 02-12-2018, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by Tseres
Elwood In.
Joined Jun 2009
3,483 Posts
Nice Job on the build. I've built 3 of these all for my friends. I have the 35 cc Extra. I've maidened and have flown all 3 of them. Lots of fun. My friends that are better pilots then me all love the roll rate. Maybe you can get some video an share it with us.
Tseres is offline Find More Posts by Tseres
Old 08-16-2018, 09:39 AM
United States, PA, Delta
Joined Sep 2015
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodwalker View Post
I am looking at getting the PAU edge and setting it up with about the same equipment you used, how did the build go and how does quality compare to extreme flight? About the only difference in equipment I am looking at is adding the Demon Cortex gyro, do you think this would be a good option or does it handle the wind good without it?
Woodwalker,

Honestly it wont need the cortex, it flies on rails without it. It floats like a trainer on landings. Quality compared to Extreme flight is remarakbly similar. the build went really smooth actually. I was very surprised!!
Old 08-16-2018, 09:40 AM
United States, PA, Delta
Joined Sep 2015
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseres View Post
Nice Job on the build. I've built 3 of these all for my friends. I have the 35 cc Extra. I've maidened and have flown all 3 of them. Lots of fun. My friends that are better pilots then me all love the roll rate. Maybe you can get some video an share it with us.

Tseres,
You were the inspiration and guide for my build!! Sincerely I cant thank you enough for your build thread on this!! I will have to set up a video of this and submit it!!
Last edited by woodendesk; 08-16-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply