logo
Old 11-07-2019, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by DGrant
Just havin' fun!
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2006
1,832 Posts
I agree a DX18, or an iX12 would work very well with a plane this sophisticated.

One could spend nearly as much or more simply trying to equip the plane with Matchboxes or SmartFly equipment, PowerBox, etc... as it would cost about the same to buy one good used DX18 or iX12... and from that point the sky's the limit. Wouldn't need anything else but a good Spektrum Power-Safe Rx.

I've seen a few DX18's going for $400-$500 lately. What does a PowerBox system go for?... I'm betting $400-$500... LOL... and that's only for one box in one plane. haha.. Consider that... that gets real spendy.

I'm good with a $200 Spektrum PowerSafe Rx for each plane(I own a DX18G2), but if I had to spend what they're asking for those PowerBox systems in each plane I own, I'd be out of dough real quick... it just wouldn't work for me. Just food for thought is all. The high end Spektrum stuff is very decent.
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Find More Posts by weathervane.rc
Your other left!!!
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Oct 2019
14 Posts
Sorry for the slow reply. I’m a road driver and don’t have access to the forum very often. Mostly weekends.

Ok, wow.
Lots of great info. Thanks guys. It is starting to make sense. Instead of using a external board, you are matching and synchronizing The aileron servos in the radio. And that makes total sense. I will start looking.
I do appreciate all the help.

Thanks, Andrew
weathervane.rc is offline Find More Posts by weathervane.rc
Old 11-10-2019, 06:27 PM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
5,961 Posts
You just step into the big league. Your going to need a radio with at lease 12 channels just like most have said.It will make everything so much easier in setting up a biplane with each servo on it's own channel.Much easier then setting up matchboxes,powerboards,I call things like them gadgets.When you have a problem then you start to wonder if they are working rite.Your also going to need a open channel for ignition kill if you choose that route.Two channels to run power to the rx .
closetguy is online now Find More Posts by closetguy

Quick Reply