logo
Old 02-21-2017, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by crackertom
Joined Jan 2017
109 Posts
But he says put it in the mixers not inputs.
crackertom is offline Find More Posts by crackertom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodders View Post
Sorry-senior moment there.
You are right about the page for the rates. It goes in the input page.
FYI, do it any way you like. I personally use Inputs page, because I can mix curves / expo's and other things with each rate at the same time, for exameple: Full Rate + 60 degree deflection + 70% Expo linked to the upward position of switch at 100% Weighting.

Middle Rate: 70% Weighting, Middle switch position, 40 Degree deflection 40% Expo

Low Rate: Low switch position, 40% Weighing, 20 degree deflection, 0 Expo but slight differential in the curve (if I wanted to do that, to allow for greater down than up throw.

All this can be one on one switch through inputs, and Can NOT be done easily if done through the Mixs.

You can't do that unless you are using a custom curve in the mixes. Take a look at the input screen and look at the mix screen, you'll see what we mean.
JoeT is online now Find More Posts by JoeT
Last edited by JoeT; 02-21-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by uragano47812
Italy
Joined Jul 2007
85 Posts
I have Frsky TX since first taranis rev A after a plus and now I have a Horus. One of the big step forward in my opinion are the sticks. I had really felt the difference in precision and smoothness for example on a simple 4 point roll the stops feels so locked. I'm using opentx also on Horus.
If you are thinking to buy a taranis pick also the new M9 gimbals since Hall effect sensors will make the difference like on Horus.

Opentx is different from any other system but once you learn the basis and some more you will not look back since you can configure all you want or need for sure.

Just my 2c
uragano47812 is offline Find More Posts by uragano47812
Old 02-21-2017, 04:51 PM
Find More Posts by BalsaDust
Joined Aug 2011
2,420 Posts
Thanks.

Yes I think I will pick up some of the hall effect sensor gimbals in the near furture. Also need to order the stiffer springs for it though as I don't have near the stick tension I like and I have them as tight as possible already.
BalsaDust is offline Find More Posts by BalsaDust
Old 02-22-2017, 09:58 AM
Find More Posts by coronabob
United States, TX, Friendswood
Joined Oct 2007
180 Posts
Graves RC Hobby is selling the Taranis Plus at a great price. I bought mine from Aloft Hobbies and received it one week before I received an email from Graves about the sale. My buddy bought one after I told him about it.

I will be flying with mine this weekend. So far I like it. I will start using the Companion tool that you run on your pc. I was able to get the basics done just by pushing buttons and figuring things out.

I liked the sound feature and the ability to see receiver battery voltage right off the bat. I set my timer to announce time and alarms for instance. I am overly impressed with the RSSI Received Signal Strength Indicator.
coronabob is offline Find More Posts by coronabob
Old 02-22-2017, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by tobytorkn
peebles
Joined Jan 2006
637 Posts
What's everyone using as receivers for giant scale? I've been running 1 x8r rx with 2x life 1100mah (2switches to rx) in 50cc planes. I'm flying large imac sequences (advanced) and it has worked very well. Thought about using long range rx but the x8r has worked well
tobytorkn is offline Find More Posts by tobytorkn
Old 02-22-2017, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by brtman
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Feb 2015
75 Posts
Man, am I happy to see opentx activity over here at this stage of my build. OK guy's , I have been using opentx for a little bit now ( Taranis, taranis plus and now just received my beloved Horus. As I am the only opentx user at our club (so far, but just wait ) receive all info so far here, rcg and the "U".
Currently building my first big gasser ( 3dhs 106 in Edge540 and Bull Engines 124 ) and want to incorporate opentx and Horus. Prior experience only with multi rotors and edf jets on the T+ ( still have the 50cc on specky ). First I need a little assistance with part recommendations. Here is what I have and want to run ( at the moment )
1) THR - MKS 1250
2) AIL R1 - MKS 380
3) AIL R2
4) AIL L1
5) AIL L2
6) ELE R
7) ELE L
8) RUD 1
9) RUD 2
10) rcxel opti kill
11) power box smoke
So I have so far a Redundancy Bus , 2- Fromeco 5200's and a 2600 for ign. Planning on the two x8r's, but is the new S8r doable ? Also planning on getting the XJT module. Anybody running the temp sensors ? Using a bull engines 124 with the rcexel ignition. Am I able to use their sensor rpm plug ? If I am understanding correctly use a male to male from sbus port on each rec to the rbus, thus having 16 ch each ? One binded to internal and one binded to external ? Is there certain channels to use or not to ? amperage issuses running without regs ?
Also, unable to find info on servo matching ! do I need matchbox's ( didn't think I did )
Any help on configuring this would be greatly appreciated. ( So I am able to go spread the word )
brtman is offline Find More Posts by brtman
Old 02-22-2017, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobytorkn View Post
What's everyone using as receivers for giant scale? I've been running 1 x8r rx with 2x life 1100mah (2switches to rx) in 50cc planes. I'm flying large imac sequences (advanced) and it has worked very well. Thought about using long range rx but the x8r has worked well
I've been using X8R's for all of my 120cc planes. I plan to try out the RX8R plus the MX+ receiver and mount the remote in the back of the planes somewhere. I enjoy tinkering and Frsky has delivered great products so far.

I went from Futaba -> Futaba with DM8 Module -> Futaba with Frsky Module -> Taranis Plus -> Horus Beta Tester Dev unit 5 (fantastic) -> Dev unit 5 + Horus Production.

Tested telemetry in all sorts of things, and it's been a fantastic experience.

Now I'm beta testing a new Sensor Hub that can be used with Frsky / Jeti / HOTT / Multiplex / etc. Awesome possibilities.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by raydar
Joined Nov 2009
1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtman View Post
Man, am I happy to see opentx activity over here at this stage of my build. OK guy's , I have been using opentx for a little bit now ( Taranis, taranis plus and now just received my beloved Horus. As I am the only opentx user at our club (so far, but just wait ) receive all info so far here, rcg and the "U".
Currently building my first big gasser ( 3dhs 106 in Edge540 and Bull Engines 124 ) and want to incorporate opentx and Horus. Prior experience only with multi rotors and edf jets on the T+ ( still have the 50cc on specky ). First I need a little assistance with part recommendations. Here is what I have and want to run ( at the moment )
1) THR - MKS 1250
2) AIL R1 - MKS 380
3) AIL R2
4) AIL L1
5) AIL L2
6) ELE R
7) ELE L
8) RUD 1
9) RUD 2
10) rcxel opti kill
11) power box smoke
So I have so far a Redundancy Bus , 2- Fromeco 5200's and a 2600 for ign. Planning on the two x8r's, but is the new S8r doable ? Also planning on getting the XJT module. Anybody running the temp sensors ? Using a bull engines 124 with the rcexel ignition. Am I able to use their sensor rpm plug ? If I am understanding correctly use a male to male from sbus port on each rec to the rbus, thus having 16 ch each ? One binded to internal and one binded to external ? Is there certain channels to use or not to ? amperage issuses running without regs ?
Also, unable to find info on servo matching ! do I need matchbox's ( didn't think I did )
Any help on configuring this would be greatly appreciated. ( So I am able to go spread the word )
I will post my epee for Horus and 120cc on rbus with 3 aileron and two rudder servo's as soon as I can for you (working next couple days) and you can use this as a basic template to mod your install.

You do not need a external xjt for the full 16 channels so don't buy one, a couple x8r or x6r or x4r will bind to the internal rf to give all the channels you need via sbus or pwm. Infact you only need one x reciever to get all 16 channels if you have a rbus the second would purely be for redundancy (worth it on a 120cc bird as extra receiver only $30).

Of course if you wish for complete redundancy you can use the external module as well and bind one to external and one to internal as you suggest but it's overkill IMO.

As for a 50cc setup I have flown three gassers on a single x8r fed via two hd switches and two direct lipo for a couple of years with zero issues.

I also only fly my 120cc on two high C rated 2200 mah batts which has eleven 35 kg servo and ignition. I can monitor my independent lipo voltage and mah used and set warnings if I wanted due to the rbus built in telemetry. This reminds me I have not setup rx batt voltage verbal warnings yet so will put on my "to do" list of setup improvements.
raydar is offline Find More Posts by raydar
Last edited by raydar; 02-22-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:53 PM
Joined Feb 2015
75 Posts
Thanks raydar ! I look forward to receiving your epee, so I can decipher it and catch a few more clues. Yes, I will throw another 30ish at it for xtra redundancy, as this bird already is valued more than my personal vehicle. ( shh ) BTW have you used the temp sensors ? Are you receiving RPM data ( from what I understand it's not doable on my 50cc DA ign but is doable with the rcxell ign on the 124 )
Old 02-22-2017, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,227 Posts
Telemetry rocks on the Horus.

Aloft carries tons of sensors, to get rpm just put a year connector on the hall effect pickup and plug it to a sensor hub. N2 used to make a hub and I'm currently testing a new sensor hub that's coming out in the marketplace.

In the attached photos you'll see 2 temp sensors 2 voltage rpm etc.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:15 PM
Joined Feb 2015
75 Posts
JoeT that is sick. I WANT . And will have. Yes, aloft is out of the stud sensors at the moment. Was just wondering how they performed or better options available. Sounds like you need the n2 hub for it
Old 02-22-2017, 04:31 PM
Find More Posts by raydar
Joined Nov 2009
1,179 Posts
Think the n2 hub is obsolete now?, if you can get one pick it up I am lucky enough to have a couple at hand.

Joe any link to the hub you are testing.
raydar is offline Find More Posts by raydar
Old 02-22-2017, 05:29 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,227 Posts
Yes but there's not much on the website yet. http://advanced-telematix.com/
Old 02-22-2017, 05:30 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar View Post
Think the n2 hub is obsolete now?, if you can get one pick it up I am lucky enough to have a couple at hand.

Joe any link to the hub you are testing.
N2 was sold to a person in the UK, so I think they'll be back in business. Anyways, Advanced Telematix is willing to release some firmware code that you can flash your N2 Hub with to update it with the latest OpenXsensor code. Firmware code will be Free to N2 Minihub + owners.

Quick Reply