logo
Old 09-24-2019, 12:17 AM
Find More Posts by Rfabbre
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2007
62 Posts
Discussion
Programing Relative Gain on Spektrum AR636

I watched the Spektrum video on programming Relative Gain on AS3X receivers but one thing is unclear. Toward the end of the video they say under "Function List" on the transmitter to select the AS3X page and select a "Channel", then a "Flight Mode" switch. All that works fine.
Lastly they say go to "Input" and select "L Trim". That's where I have the problem . When I use the Roller to go to the various items on the screen, I can see the "Input" item between "Gain" and "Channel"but the Roller never gives me an option to stop on "Input". The Roller skips over it.
So, my question is, how to I select "L Trim" for Input and what the heck is L Trim anyway?

Thanx in advance for any help
Rich
Rfabbre is offline Find More Posts by Rfabbre
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-24-2019, 06:55 AM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
Not sure why its not available but LTrim and RTrim are the 2 trim switches near the center and towards the top.

You ran use those to trim different functions like gyro gain and I use them to trim nosewheels on jets because it can act like sub-trim without actually going into a menu to adjust it.
BarracudaHockey is online now Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 09-24-2019, 10:54 AM
Joined Apr 2007
62 Posts
On my DX8 Gen 2, all the switches , left and right, in the front and on the top have letters, (A, B, C, D, F, G, H) not names. Only exception is the R knob near the center front. It's where the "E" switch would be if there was one. It's the only control on the radio that rotates. All the others are switches---either 2 or 3 position, either on or off so I can't imagine how to use them to adjust gain.

In any case, thanx for your help.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:30 AM
Multi Platform Pilot
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
Let me get back on a real internet connection and i'll see if I can help you out in a couple hours
Old 09-24-2019, 02:34 PM
Multi Platform Pilot
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
DX8 doesn't have LTrm or RTrm buttons.

Pull up a pic of a DX9 or DX18 or 20 and you will see them just to the left and right and slightly below the speaker.

You would be best using a knob if you want to adjust it on the fly. The only issue with that is the knob can get bumped between flights, thats the nice thing about those trim buttons, once you get it where you want it wont change by mistake unless you mess with the buttons.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:41 AM
Joined Apr 2007
62 Posts
OK. Now I understand. Thanx and safe flying.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:35 PM
Joined Apr 2007
62 Posts
I am programming the AS3X using the Spektrum Bluetooth device. I have programmed the Aircraft Type, Surface Setup and DR/Expo on the iPhone app (with a clean aircraft setup on the DX8 Gen 2). The iPhone app has transferred its settings to the AS3X and the AS3X is bound to the freshly reset Model on the DX8. However, when I go to the AS3X setting screen on the DX8,the Roll, Pitch and Yaw settings for Rate, Heading and Actual are all blank (actually dashes) rather than showing the settings I programmed into the AS3X with the iPhone app.
My questions are should the AS3X receiver communicate those settings to the transmitter so they show up on the transmitter screen? And, if the transmitter is not made aware of the newly programmed settings, how can you adjust Relative Gain on the transmitter to tune out oscillation on any given axis?
Thanx in advance for any help.

Quick Reply