logo
Old 01-15-2019, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by Flyinfool
Gohbee Dude
Cudahy, WI
Joined Mar 2006
472 Posts
Well life has kicked in again. The basement and shop are destroyed due to a sewer pipe failure. Nothing was damaged but the sewer line runs the full length and width of the basement. EVERYTHING had to be moved to gain access to be able to do the repairs. I am not even sure where my workbench is right now....... It will be a while before I can get back to this. BUT I will return.......
Flyinfool is offline Find More Posts by Flyinfool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-20-2019, 08:27 PM
Gohbee Dude
Cudahy, WI
Joined Mar 2006
472 Posts
Well this ended up on hold for a while again with more health junk. But I am back at it again. The construction phase is pretty much done, and I just splashed on the first coat of primer. The first coat is just a light dusting of black primer. al other coats of primer will be bright white. The black is just so I can tell when almost all of the white primer has been sanded off. This is an aircraft where weight matters, so each coat of the white has to be sanded off almost entirely just leaving what is needed to fill imperfections. Right now it really looks like a stealth missile in all flat black primer. It is nearly invisible in the pics I tried to take.

I still have not decided on a paint scheme other than it will be very bright colors for visibility.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:30 PM
Gohbee Dude
Cudahy, WI
Joined Mar 2006
472 Posts
I have finally decided on a color scheme for this beast. The computer does not do the colors justice.

The yellow will be the very bright Corvette Yellow, The red is a very bright GM Fire Red (same as my truck) and the darker red along the leading edges will be a bright Metal Flake Red. In the top view the gold area in the center will be a gold heat reflective material. The same gold stuff that NASA uses to protect spacecraft from heat. On the bottom it is just a very bright white and black stripes with the same Metal Flake Red wrapping around from the top. All of the priming is now done. it is in white primer so that the colors will be brighter. I am now in the process of accumulating all of the painting supplies that I will need to get the whole thing done.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:34 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
989 Posts
How fast is this plane supposed to go?
Festivus is offline Find More Posts by Festivus
Old 10-30-2019, 04:29 PM
Gohbee Dude
Cudahy, WI
Joined Mar 2006
472 Posts
This plane is supposed to have a level cruise speed of around 250 MPH. It will be the fastest thing I have ever flown. My fastest turbine was radared at 174 MPH.

Quick Reply