logo
Old 07-09-2019, 09:34 PM
Find More Posts by EXTRA SPECIAL
United States, NC, Kenly
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Discussion
Spektrum Users.. little help please

I was hoping some of you Spektrum users could help me make sure that I know what I am looking at. I have recently started using a DX8G2 Tx , so far I have only used it on a V900 and I really like the feel of the radio. I am planning to switch this radio over to some gas planes later . But as I am new to the whole Spektrum game , I have done a little reading on how they work but I'm not sure about how you read your fade and hold counts , not am I really sure how important they are and hoping someone can school me on this a little bit.I have included a picture of the last flight that I made with the V900 and was hoping yall can help me make sure what I am looking at..The flight was only about 3 minutes long if that makes a difference.. Thanks guys
EXTRA SPECIAL is online now Find More Posts by EXTRA SPECIAL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-10-2019, 04:42 AM
SLC
Find More Posts by SLC
SLC
Dropping in
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Jul 2006
295 Posts
Antenna fades – represent the loss of a bit of information on that specific antenna. Typically it’s normal to have as many as 50 – 100 antenna fades on any one of the antennas during a flight. If any single antenna experiences over 500 fades in a single flight, the antenna should be repositioned in the aircraft to optimize the RF link.

Frame Loss – represents simultaneous antenna fades on all attached receivers. If the RF link is performing optimally, frame losses per flight should be less than 20.

Hold – a hold occurs when 45 contiguous (one right after the other) frame losses occur. This takes about one second. If a hold occurs during flight, it’s important to re-evaluate the system, moving the antennas to different locations and/or checking to be sure the transmitter and receivers are working correctly.

From Spektrum website
SLC is offline Find More Posts by SLC
Old 07-10-2019, 10:01 AM
Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Rochester, NY
Joined May 2006
61 Posts
Buschbarber

A Hold is the equivalent of a Failsafe Event. In most cases, the Default is for Throttle to go to Idle and all channels are locked out. When the link between the Tx and Rx is restored, you have control again.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old 07-12-2019, 06:11 AM
Find More Posts by Mikester
United States, OK, Lawton
Joined Jun 2012
5 Posts
Range test screen info

I'm also new to Spektrum and appreciate the information.
That is the first information I have heard on the flight log screen, thanks. On the range test screen a box appears that shows the same info. but on the bottom line it lists two values that I don't understand.

The line in question looks like this:

Signal -42dBm 100% R

What are these two values telling me ?
Mikester is offline Find More Posts by Mikester
Old 07-12-2019, 09:46 AM
Find More Posts by DuaneV
Fibertech n' More
United States, IA
Joined Jan 2006
472 Posts
The -dbm number is the signal strength and then the 100% would be the % per remote. The lower the db number the stronger the siganal is. -42dbm is a very good signal strength.
DuaneV is offline Find More Posts by DuaneV
Old 07-12-2019, 01:48 PM
Find More Posts by Mikester
United States, OK, Lawton
Joined Jun 2012
5 Posts
Thanks, that helps. That explains why the dbm number gets bigger the farther away I am from the receiver. I was thinking that the larger number should indicate a stronger signal.
Mikester is offline Find More Posts by Mikester

Quick Reply