logo
Old 08-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Find More Posts by patternpilot
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Dec 2007
62 Posts
Discussion
RCGF USA Stinger 35cc RE

Working on a project and we have used the RCGF USA 35 CC RE in the past and this new plane is going to have the 35CC RE Stinger engine by RCGF USA. I have been using RCGF engines for over a year after meeting Joe from RCGF USA at the Toledo show and spending time talking with him. He is always a phone call away if there is a question. So the engine arrived and in talking with him the new version has improvements, like 5-8% more HP, Better bearings and ignition system. here are some photos of the un packing and hope to get this mounted on the new platform and flown soon.
patternpilot is offline Find More Posts by patternpilot
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-11-2019, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by vatechguy3
United States, VA, Smithfield
Joined Jan 2006
2,305 Posts
What are your plans regarding prop size?

Tony
vatechguy3 is offline Find More Posts by vatechguy3
Old 08-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,565 Posts
It looks great, I am hearing some good things about these new "Stinger" engines. The CDI has a input voltage of 6-14.4V I see, which is great for whatever IBEC, 2S lipo, etc you choose. The castings and machine work (looking at the exhaust flange) look very good as well. I look forward to seeing one at the field.
ghoffman is online now Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 08-12-2019, 05:43 AM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,356 Posts
Looks like they incorporated some good changes.
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Old 08-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Find More Posts by patternpilot
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Dec 2007
62 Posts
Going to use a 19x8 prop for break in..
patternpilot is offline Find More Posts by patternpilot
Old 11-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Joined Jan 2006
2,305 Posts
Any updates?

Tony
Old 02-25-2020, 04:07 PM
Joined Jan 2006
2,305 Posts
Bump, anything new?

Tony
Old 02-25-2020, 04:29 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
7,492 Posts
Reports on these engines are scarce. I started a thread months ago about how they performed and responses were few and none relating to direct experience. I especially wanted to know how they compared to the DLE35.

I just continue to run my 3 reliable (though a bit shakey) DLE35s.
Truckracer is offline Find More Posts by Truckracer
Last edited by Truckracer; 02-25-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:40 PM
Find More Posts by denney47
United States, IN, Columbia City
Joined Jun 2008
963 Posts
I would suggest being very careful buying this engine or any engine called RCGF Stinger.
Valley View RC has control of the RCGF factory now and these engines are not coming from our factory?
I can give feedback on the VVRC 35RE, it is a very strong engine and starts very easy. We have sold many of these engines and only good customer feedback.
Thank you
Tom
Valley View RC
denney47 is offline Find More Posts by denney47
Old 03-14-2020, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by Pretorian 435
United States, NH, Chester
Joined May 2014
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denney47 View Post
I would suggest being very careful buying this engine or any engine called RCGF Stinger.
Valley View RC has control of the RCGF factory now and these engines are not coming from our factory?
I can give feedback on the VVRC 35RE, it is a very strong engine and starts very easy. We have sold many of these engines and only good customer feedback.
Thank you
Tom
Valley View RC
Tom, I don't understand why you keep perptuating this myth about you owning RCGF trade, even when you bave been served a cease and desist, and being a part of the evolved saga. Your purposefully misleading people about the trademark and the quality of your engines is bordering on criminal grift.

For those unaware, Tom does NOT own the rights or molds for RCGF. Joe Nelson of RCG-USA does, and he started the company almost 15 yrs ago. The original Chinese molds had several issues and high failures, so Joe abandoned them since they would not invest in the upgrades required. Since he owns the RCGF trademark, he took that with him, found a new mold maker and the newer RCGF engines emerged. The holder of the bad Chinese molds joined with Tom of VVRC and they continued to produce these bad motors as RCGF, illegally. Joe had to serve him a cease and desist. As Tom continued to inflame the issue by claiming on these forums HE is RCGF, Joe was forced to change the name of the company to RCGF-USA, and changed the name to Stinger, becasue he didn't want his newer engines eqauted with those bad ones These are from the much improved molds and production processes Joe had been working for. These have been out as RCGF, and then Stinger for several years now.

So if you want a quality RCGF engine, only buy the RCGF-USA engines from Joe or one of his Stinger distributors. If you have any questions, contact Joe via the RCGGF-USA website.

I have been a fan-boy of Joe for over ten years, from the time I had noob issues with an engine and HE called me himself to teach me how to work it. I have the utmost respect for Joe Nelson and what he has done for RCGF and our community. I have seen nothing but corrosive divisive misleading statements from Tom.
Pretorian 435 is offline Find More Posts by Pretorian 435
Old 03-14-2020, 04:19 PM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2015
768 Posts
I checked out an engine last weekend that Mike Williams(Ibcinyou RC) had at a swap meet. The quaulity of these new engines looks amazing. The fit and finish of these engines far surpasses the old RCGF engines. If they perform like they look then RCGF-USA has a winner.
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old 03-14-2020, 07:07 PM
Find More Posts by RcwBone
Joined Jun 2015
377 Posts
The only experience I have with the rcfg -USA stinger is a friend got one a few months ago. It had spark plug holes that were so loose that you couldn't tighten it up without the risk of it striping. The depth of thread engagement was only .007 of an inch. Needless to say I was not impressed.
RcwBone is offline Find More Posts by RcwBone
Old 03-16-2020, 12:59 PM
Find More Posts by denney47
United States, IN, Columbia City
Joined Jun 2008
963 Posts
I would like to agree that Joe is a great guy. I like Joe and offered to work with him several times but he did not agree. Please understand that Joe does not own RCGF-USA, it is owned by a lady and her husband in China. Joe says he has some interest in it but the owner told me that he just works for them?

Yes we (Valley View RC) now have control of the RCGF factory where RCGF engines were made. These engines/moldes have been upgraded and are called VVRC engines. We do not want to use the RCGF name for quality issues mentioned in this thread. What I do want is for them to stop using the name RCGF. How can you buy engines from a factory called RCGF and then go away and start buying engines or manufacturing engines and still call them RCGF? Why not call it Stinger-USA? Our VVRC engines are of a high quality and the name RCGF is making our engines look bad. We have changed our engines name to VVRC why don't they change their engines name to Stinger and let the RCGF name go away?
denney47 is offline Find More Posts by denney47
Old 03-16-2020, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by Eric_04
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Jan 2017
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretorian 435 View Post
Tom, I don't understand why you keep perptuating this myth about you owning RCGF trade, even when you bave been served a cease and desist, and being a part of the evolved saga. Your purposefully misleading people about the trademark and the quality of your engines is bordering on criminal grift.

For those unaware, Tom does NOT own the rights or molds for RCGF. Joe Nelson of RCG-USA does, and he started the company almost 15 yrs ago. The original Chinese molds had several issues and high failures, so Joe abandoned them since they would not invest in the upgrades required. Since he owns the RCGF trademark, he took that with him, found a new mold maker and the newer RCGF engines emerged. The holder of the bad Chinese molds joined with Tom of VVRC and they continued to produce these bad motors as RCGF, illegally. Joe had to serve him a cease and desist. As Tom continued to inflame the issue by claiming on these forums HE is RCGF, Joe was forced to change the name of the company to RCGF-USA, and changed the name to Stinger, becasue he didn't want his newer engines eqauted with those bad ones These are from the much improved molds and production processes Joe had been working for. These have been out as RCGF, and then Stinger for several years now.

So if you want a quality RCGF engine, only buy the RCGF-USA engines from Joe or one of his Stinger distributors. If you have any questions, contact Joe via the RCGGF-USA website.

I have been a fan-boy of Joe for over ten years, from the time I had noob issues with an engine and HE called me himself to teach me how to work it. I have the utmost respect for Joe Nelson and what he has done for RCGF and our community. I have seen nothing but corrosive divisive misleading statements from Tom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denney47 View Post
I would like to agree that Joe is a great guy. I like Joe and offered to work with him several times but he did not agree. Please understand that Joe does not own RCGF-USA, it is owned by a lady and her husband in China. Joe says he has some interest in it but the owner told me that he just works for them?

Yes we (Valley View RC) now have control of the RCGF factory where RCGF engines were made. These engines/moldes have been upgraded and are called VVRC engines. We do not want to use the RCGF name for quality issues mentioned in this thread. What I do want is for them to stop using the name RCGF. How can you buy engines from a factory called RCGF and then go away and start buying engines or manufacturing engines and still call them RCGF? Why not call it Stinger-USA? Our VVRC engines are of a high quality and the name RCGF is making our engines look bad. We have changed our engines name to VVRC why don't they change their engines name to Stinger and let the RCGF name go away?

I own RCGF.... No, I own RCGF. Anyone else want to jump on the bandwagon?
Eric_04 is offline Find More Posts by Eric_04
Old 03-16-2020, 06:37 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
This hobby is full of Drama, who needs this, really.

There are no winners in this type of FUD!!
JoeT is online now Find More Posts by JoeT

Quick Reply