logo
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 PM
WhirlyGirl is offline
Find More Posts by WhirlyGirl
I love IMAC!
WhirlyGirl's Avatar
United States, CA, Penn Valley
Joined May 2006
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Todd View Post
/ Agreed! 'cept for the JR servo part... (really doesn't matter the servo brand, IMHO)
I recommended JR because she flies JR. ;-)
WhirlyGirl is offline Find More Posts by WhirlyGirl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-24-2012, 11:16 PM
MadCap231EX is offline
Find More Posts by MadCap231EX
Flyin' Around
United States, OR, Ashland
Joined May 2009
7 Posts
AB,
It makes me sick just thinking about your loss after so much hard work. The Bipe was awesome though and just makes me more determined to get mine airborne. Well don't dwell too long on it - put your efforts into the replacement!
Best,
MS
MadCap231EX is offline Find More Posts by MadCap231EX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Bunky F. Knuckle's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
8,315 Posts
JR all the way!!!
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Tseres is offline
Find More Posts by Tseres
Tseres's Avatar
Elwood In.
Joined Jun 2009
3,483 Posts
Hey guys. Thought you may be interested in this. Went there last year and had a blast.
Tseres is offline Find More Posts by Tseres
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 06:29 AM
McFueler is offline
Find More Posts by McFueler
Registered User
McFueler's Avatar
Claremont NC USA
Joined Jun 2006
3,225 Posts
I'll be there !
McFueler is offline Find More Posts by McFueler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2012, 03:35 PM
averagebrunette is offline
Find More Posts by averagebrunette
Fun Fly Superstar!! Ta-Daa
averagebrunette's Avatar
Joined May 2008
547 Posts
I'll be there again this year too :-) It's a great event.
averagebrunette is offline Find More Posts by averagebrunette
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 04:08 PM
1972gsmith is offline
Find More Posts by 1972gsmith
Registered User
1972gsmith's Avatar
United States, VA, Danville
Joined Feb 2012
78 Posts
can anyone tell me the height from ground to top of rudder and to the top of the upper wing need to see if i can haul it or not. thanks
1972gsmith is offline Find More Posts by 1972gsmith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Islandflyer is offline
Find More Posts by Islandflyer
Put Scale Back Into Aerobatics
Islandflyer's Avatar
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2007
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972gsmith View Post
can anyone tell me the height from ground to top of rudder and to the top of the upper wing need to see if i can haul it or not. thanks
I think you left me a voice mail that I accidentally erased before writing your number...
The highest point of the cabane is a hair under 29".
The top of the rudder is 27-1/2"
Islandflyer is offline Find More Posts by Islandflyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 05:42 PM
1972gsmith is offline
Find More Posts by 1972gsmith
Registered User
1972gsmith's Avatar
United States, VA, Danville
Joined Feb 2012
78 Posts
thanks
1972gsmith is offline Find More Posts by 1972gsmith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 08:11 PM
jj46 is offline
Find More Posts by jj46
IMAC is not a computer.
jj46's Avatar
United States, MN
Joined Jul 2007
342 Posts
I was really enjoying reading this thread, UNTIL... So sad.. but hey, we've all been there. We've all had servos fail, dumb thumbs, or unknowns that claimed our airplanes. It's an expensive hobby, but I also feel it's one of the most rewarding. It's both relaxing and challenging. It's social and in some ways, therapeutic (ever have a bad day at work, and then spend a couple hours working on a plane or at the field? Then you know what I mean!).

With every plane we build, and every plane we fly, we learn. Each plane you build gets more and more details than the previous. No matter how great of a pilot or builder you are, you're never done learning and getting better. I absolutely love that about this hobby.

I think EVERY serious RC pilot needs to own an Ultimate at some point. They are an absolute blast to fly, and always a favorite for the spectators. You built a beautiful plane, and I have a pretty good feeling another one is in your near future!
jj46 is offline Find More Posts by jj46
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 PM
sweetpea is offline
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
sweetpea's Avatar
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj46 View Post

I think EVERY serious RC pilot needs to own an Ultimate at some point. They are an absolute blast to fly, and always a favorite for the spectators. You built a beautiful plane, and I have a pretty good feeling another one is in your near future!
So true
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 PM
averagebrunette is offline
Find More Posts by averagebrunette
Fun Fly Superstar!! Ta-Daa
averagebrunette's Avatar
Joined May 2008
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj46 View Post
I was really enjoying reading this thread, UNTIL... So sad.. but hey, we've all been there. We've all had servos fail, dumb thumbs, or unknowns that claimed our airplanes. It's an expensive hobby, but I also feel it's one of the most rewarding. It's both relaxing and challenging. It's social and in some ways, therapeutic (ever have a bad day at work, and then spend a couple hours working on a plane or at the field? Then you know what I mean!).

With every plane we build, and every plane we fly, we learn. Each plane you build gets more and more details than the previous. No matter how great of a pilot or builder you are, you're never done learning and getting better. I absolutely love that about this hobby.

I think EVERY serious RC pilot needs to own an Ultimate at some point. They are an absolute blast to fly, and always a favorite for the spectators. You built a beautiful plane, and I have a pretty good feeling another one is in your near future!
Thanks JJ46, I hope to get another one in the air in the near future. I absolutly love this plane!! From the build video's i've done there have been a lot of conversations about different build techniques at the events i've attended this year. It's sooo great to see everyone helping everyone out. I'm just glad i've been able to help some people out like so many have helped me get to where I am.
averagebrunette is offline Find More Posts by averagebrunette
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM
sweetpea is offline
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
sweetpea's Avatar
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,141 Posts
Here's a recent picture from the weekend of my PAU Ultimate. While this is the older BME style, it has been highly modified and recovered. Flys great! Plane has been in storage for 2.7yrs and I just got it back in the air. Last time it flew was in WA state at the Lynden field. Now it has flown in VA at the Newport News Park. Many more flights to come with this one.

Name: 390191_10201069926018709_1314687589_n.jpg
Views: 153
Size: 88.3 KB
Description:
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Tseres is offline
Find More Posts by Tseres
Tseres's Avatar
Elwood In.
Joined Jun 2009
3,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
Here's a recent picture from the weekend of my PAU Ultimate. While this is the older BME style, it has been highly modified and recovered. Flys great! Plane has been in storage for 2.7yrs and I just got it back in the air. Last time it flew was in WA state at the Lynden field. Now it has flown in VA at the Newport News Park. Many more flights to come with this one.

Attachment 546126
Great picture. Love that plane.
Tseres is offline Find More Posts by Tseres
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 09:10 PM
astrohog is offline
Find More Posts by astrohog
movin' on
astrohog's Avatar
Bellingham, WA
Joined Jul 2007
2,122 Posts
Can't see any overspray from here!

Astro
astrohog is offline Find More Posts by astrohog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools