logo
Old 10-25-2018, 08:49 AM
Find More Posts by Laughingstill
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Feb 2017
4 Posts
Found the info I needed...thanks to all of you !.

Coming from helicopters it is hard explaining to people that sell plane parts exactly what I needed for my plane electronics wise. I am flying the Mikado VPlane system and I am also running all HV servos. All I wanted was a flag pin switch that would allow me to connect two 2s lipos into a non regulated simple output switch to power the VBAR NEO. After a lot of research I found what I needed at BoomaRC. The plane is wired and ready to fly as soon as my new prop and spinner arrive today. I will keep you guys posted...
Laughingstill is offline Find More Posts by Laughingstill
Last edited by Laughingstill; 10-30-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-25-2019, 07:16 AM
Find More Posts by toddybear
Joined Mar 2019
3 Posts
New PAU 35CC Extra for me

Just got this a few days ago. I already had the 60" and I love it. High energy stuff is amazing, but it still locks into a hover very nicely. It's a blast if you want something that nobody at your field probably has. Now on to the 35CC size. I still went electric for this size. It's what I'm familiar with and I have a bunch of 6s batteries. And.. well I have to store this in my living room. So the idea of bringing a gas motor into the living room after a day of flying didn't seem like a good idea. Just a few drops of gas is all it would take to stink up the joint.

I chose the Xpwr30 because it's 3000W, it'll give a good run time with my batteries, and if the plane ends up around 13 lbs with batteries, I'm still over 200w per pound. I'm not expecting insane 3D out of this and I'd actually like to start practicing IMAC routines with it, so it'll have plenty of power.

Here's the first few pics of motor and cowl. Note that I used extensions and an angled type of socket to get the bottom screws in from the inside of the cowl. That way I didn't have to hack up the cowl at all. I'll cut some holes in the covering on the bottom to get airflow.
toddybear is offline Find More Posts by toddybear
Old 04-05-2019, 07:54 AM
Joined Mar 2019
3 Posts
This picture is the view in from bottom front without cowl. I have added a piece of plywood with blind nuts on top of the metal brackets that hold the landing gear. I did this because I will likely have to remove the gear to fit this in my car. So this makes that task pretty easy.

I am mostly following the build thread here on this plane, so I will post a few more pics where I deviate because I am using electric.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:19 PM
Joined Mar 2019
3 Posts
Finished..

Finished it up and got a few flights in. The Xpwr30 gives it good power. Not crazy 3d power but mild 3d power.. Getting 5-6 minutes of mixed flying with 2-3300 6S batteries. I'm working on a way to hold the batteries all the way up into the nose of the fuse. For now they are a little further back so I had to add 3 oz up front to balance it out.

Final equipment:
Xpwr30
Castle HV80
Promodeler DS160DLHV for elevators
Promodeler DS270DLHV for rudder and ailerons
Xoar 20x8
Extreme flight spinner
Extreme flight 1.5" servo arms

Weight 12lb 13 oz with 2-3300 6s (and with 3 oz extra added to balance)

This is going to be a fantastic learning platform for IMAC... and a little but of cutting loose with some 3d sometimes too.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:28 AM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Joined Mar 2010
3,769 Posts
beautiful airplane...enjoy!
FGNewbie is online now Find More Posts by FGNewbie

Quick Reply