logo
Old 03-30-2019, 08:29 PM
Find More Posts by rcflyguy
workin on rollers!!!
Findlay, OH
Joined Jan 2006
2,203 Posts
I wasn't happy with the set up. I accidentally intersected the top tank with the bottom when I put the vent in, so that needed fixed. So might as well do a better job on the whole set up.
rcflyguy is offline Find More Posts by rcflyguy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-01-2019, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by karolh
Mandeville, Jamaica, West Indies
Joined Aug 2007
757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmat7039 View Post
My heart rate increased quite a bit this morning, with a "sneak peek" from Primo!! Clear coat will be added afterwards.

Hi there Wayne, your new girl is taking shape and really looking very nice. Can't wait to see it all finished and assembled.
karolh is offline Find More Posts by karolh
Old 04-02-2019, 08:38 AM
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
United States, GA, Dallas
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyguy View Post
I wasn't happy with the set up. I accidentally intersected the top tank with the bottom when I put the vent in, so that needed fixed. So might as well do a better job on the whole set up.
It is important that everything is done correctly, so I understand your reasoning for pulling down and starting from scratch. I'm sure you will put it together at your own pace and also the way you want everything to be. Looking forward to hearing an update.
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Last edited by wmat7039; 04-02-2019 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:48 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karolh View Post
Hi there Wayne, your new girl is taking shape and really looking very nice. Can't wait to see it all finished and assembled.
Hey there Karol.... Great hearing from you. Long time no see! Heard from Dale and he had helped me previously with the video of the Leo in action. Maybe when this one is finished, I'll get some more video of it flying.

In the meantime, Primo is moving ahead on the project. He bolted the fuselage together to make sure that the tape lines matched on both halves and then he worked on the masking for the yellow on the front section. It's painstaking just to see what he's doing step by step, but I know that he is as meticulous as I am with the small details and doing a great job at it.

He will be starting with the yellow, then red and finally the green, as he did with the back end. It's gonna be pretty!!
Wayne
Old 04-02-2019, 09:34 AM
Find More Posts by vatechguy3
United States, VA, Smithfield
Joined Jan 2006
2,305 Posts
Looks like it is coming along nicely.

Tony
vatechguy3 is offline Find More Posts by vatechguy3
Old 04-06-2019, 09:08 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Primo has made the paper sketch...a reality!! He will spray the clear on the front section today (if the weather is right). I am now chomping at the bits to get the fuselage so I can begin the installation of the "innards." The tape is still on the carbon fiber inlet section and he will remove those after the clear is sprayed. I wanted to keep the c/fiber inlets intact in their original natural state. There's a lot of work ahead still, but I am all up for it and will begin with the thrust tube and the KT210 turbine. Once I have the proper measurements between those two, I will then run the servo wires to the back end covered with McMaster Carr's Thermeez Ceramic sleeving to protect the already snake-skinned wires. The Thermeez can withstand 1100°F and the melting point is 2800°F.

Once those are in..I can then button up the two halves of the fuselage and concentrate from the turbine forward. I am really happy with how the Leo is turning out! Primo will be working on the wings and stabs design which we have come up with and lastly the canopy, which I'm still out to school on.
W
Old 04-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,875 Posts
Nice!

Got a bunch of flights today on my little Viper, waiting for my Havoc is making me nuts.
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 04-06-2019, 04:58 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
Nice!

Got a bunch of flights today on my little Viper, waiting for my Havoc is making me nuts.
You waiting on a GTS since seeing Jace fly the beastie?
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 04-06-2019, 05:56 PM
Multi Platform Pilot
Joined Dec 2007
10,875 Posts
I had one on order before that, I had some slight hope mine would be here for Florida Jets but it didn't happen.

Seeing him fly it just made the waiting worse
Old 04-07-2019, 02:41 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
I had one on order before that, I had some slight hope mine would be here for Florida Jets but it didn't happen.

Seeing him fly it just made the waiting worse
Yeah, EA is just like the rest of them. My SS took 5 months longer than what Scott told me when I ordered it...... lol
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 04-07-2019, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by flying skunks
FFAA for Life
Flying with the Best of Friends
Joined May 2006
19,622 Posts
Looking Great Wayne
flying skunks is offline Find More Posts by flying skunks
Old 04-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts
Looks great. I'm just about ready to order up my paint for my TopRC Cougar. I'm going with Klasskote because its going to be flat colors and I like the ease of that product. I do need to do some graphics though (military scheme).

I also need to order up a new sheet of lite ply to build the nose area. I scabbed 2 pieces together to get the shape I wanted. I think I decided my "removable" nose will be removable for bigger maintenance but not for daily work. I'm just not confident with how I'm putting it together that it wouldn't fly off in flight otherwise.
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 04-08-2019, 08:38 AM
Multi Platform Pilot
Joined Dec 2007
10,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Yeah, EA is just like the rest of them. My SS took 5 months longer than what Scott told me when I ordered it...... lol
I'm not complaining, they were very up front that Florida Jets would be a long shot. I'd be fine if I hadn't seen it in Jase's hands, that just made the waiting all the worse
Old 04-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Find More Posts by Carruthers43
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Aug 2010
1,552 Posts
The weather finally cooperated and I was able to get the futura out and get the first flights after switching engines... got 4 flights and it was running good. Now time to start practicing!
Carruthers43 is offline Find More Posts by Carruthers43
Old 04-08-2019, 10:28 AM
SILVER FOX
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers43 View Post
The weather finally cooperated and I was able to get the futura out and get the first flights after switching engines... got 4 flights and it was running good. Now time to start practicing!
Great news Matt. Looking forward to seeing you at the Jet Nats in June.

I also saw that the other Matt (Balazs), maidened his ME262 last Saturday. It went well and we may see this beast flying in the Scale class at the Jet Nats.

I just heard from Craig Baker (Unlimited Scale Aerobatics pilot). He has just finished his Leonardo and is starting up his new KT210 in about 15 minutes for the first time. He has the same apprehensions I had when mine was started....but I assured him that there is nothing to worry about. He’s also looking forward to being at the Jet Nats.

Quick Reply